• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Remix: Version 0.9.7 Released

smash remix thumbnail.png

The latest update for the Super Smash Bros. 64 mod Smash Remix is now here. Version 0.9.7 of Smash Remix adds a plethora of additions including character changes, new stages, and even two brand new characters. You can watch the summary video here:

This update features a lot of fixes for various characters, ranging from bug fixes to welcome additions such as new victory animations for some characters. Additionally, several changes were made to the CSS and a new mode titled Remix 1p was added.

New stages were also included with the update, with all of them being from other titles on the N64. These include:
  • Rith Essa from Jet Force Gemini
  • Venom from Star Fox 64 (based on the stage from Melee)
  • Windy from Conker's Bad Fur Day
  • dataDyne from Perfect Dark
  • Planet Clancer from Mischief Makers

Of course this update also adds something that many Smash players always look forward to: new playable characters. The two newcomers releasing along with this patch are Wolf from the Star Fox series and Conker from Rare's Conker series. Both characters are based on their well-known incarnations during the N64 period.

smash remix wolf.PNG
smash remix conker.PNG

You can read the full list of changes and download the actual update here.

Author's Note: What do you think of this update? Let us know in the comments below!

Sari

Comments

Conker is a nice surprise. I didn't think they were going to add brand new fighters (other than Mad Piano who originally was just a prank). It makes me wonder if they would continue to add more new fighters that have never been playable in Smash, or are going to go for clone or semi-clone characters as a way to wrap up the roster?

I was planning to cover Conker for my Underdog articles in the very near future but I guess that's over now haha.

I only heard of this mod today but I'm really interested in it.

I was planning to cover Conker for my Underdog articles in the very near future but I guess that's over now haha.

I only heard of this mod today but I'm really interested in it.
Really? Because I thought this mod was really well known to the Smash community before Conker got in. I've known about it for almost 2 years now.

D
This is one of the greatest fan projects I've seen since Super Smash Flash

Top Bottom