• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Remix: Ganondorf in Super Smash Bros. 64 - Console Compatible Mod

Fudgment

Smash Cadet
Smash Remix: A Super Smash Bros 64 Character Mod
This is a new mod of the Super Smash Bros. 64. Ganondorf is a brand-new character, replacing Captain Falcon. He is modeled after his various iterations in the other Smash Bros games in the series, but functions uniquely from them. Ganondorf has a litany of changes from Captain, please see the summary of changes below. As a tournament operator and semi-competitive player, my goal is for Ganondorf to be a balanced member of the cast (although my success in this endeavor is up to the player).
The plan is to continue to create new characters and potentially add characters instead of being forced to replace current characters on the roster.
This hack will be exhibited at Houston Smash 64s next tournament on Friday, May 31st 2019 at Eureka Heights Brewing Company: Event Page Here https://www.facebook.com/events/318359255506054/
If you are interested in getting involved with this mod and contributing, please contact me at either my e-mail: houstonsmash64@yahoo.com or discord: The_Smashfather#2681
The mod can be downloaded at:
Github: https://github.com/JSsixtyfour/smashremix
I will be producing tutorials based on my work soon.
Features/Changes from Captain Falcon
· Ganondorf Model Replaces Captain Falcon
· Brand New Menu Graphics
· Hitbox, knockback, effect, and other changes to various moves (General increase in power)
· New sound effects for Ganondorf
· New Forward Aerial Punch
· Super Armored Warlock Punch
· Electrical Effects added to different moves
· Move speed altered to reflect Ganondorf’s slower attacks
· Electric Jab Strike instead of Falcon chain neutral A
· Increased Size
· Increased Weight
· Decreased Speed
· Increased Floatiness
· New Up Tilt functionality
· Decreased Jump Height
· Console compatible – Expansion Ram Required
Known Issues
· Lack of Team Costumes/Alternate Costumes
· Unable to have correct texture clamping on model
· Victory Graphics unchanged from Falcon
· Victory letters for name unchanged
· No updates to 1P Mode, Intro, or Character Bio
Designer/Hacker
JS (Me)
Contributors
Chief Consultant – Fray
F3DEX2 Consultant – Elixer/CrookedPoe
Consultant – Madao
Ganondorf Portrait Artist – Connor Rentz - see his artwork here: https://www.deviantart.com/connorrentz
Game Testers
phreshguy
Strategism
JODO
Blake
Special Thanks
Fray: Most of my work is a retread of what he once started or gave considerable advice on. This hack could not have happened without him. Thank you!
Snooplax: Without his tutorial on the GEEditor, I would have never got into hacking and began this hack. Thanks!
Cyjorg: I used a lot of the code from his 19xx hack as reference for some of my assembly code. Thanks so much for doing your work open source, it’s vital to newbies like me!
Carnivorous/Subdrag: The GEEditor was what got me into hacking Smash 64 and I utilized it for the sound effects and some of the menu graphics. Thanks for your awesome work on the editor!

Top Bottom