• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Redditor Downvoted for Having an Opinion

The Super Smash Bros. subreddit, also known as the place where all of the smartest people on the internet congregate, has negatively responded to a fellow member's comment earlier this morning.

All of the subreddit’s subscribers, a number well in the 200,000’s, were there to downvote /u/hypocrisis’ comment in the weekly “What Kind of Eggs Best Describe Your Playstyle” thread after he responded with “fried” instead of the more commonly posted “scrambled”.

The subreddit has seen an increasing number of high-quality posts recently, with gems such as “I’m a goofy parent, how do I beat my son in Smash” receiving up to 2000 upvotes, so some were taken aghast upon seeing /u/hypocrisis’ comment in a thread that was sure to reach similar numbers.

“We were angry," says one Smash redditor. “And rightfully so, I believe. We’re all about being yourself and sharing your own beliefs. But when your subjective feelings and ideas conflict with the general subreddit's consensus, there's going to be a problem”

It was hard to disagree with his logic. However, not all redditors were on the same boat.

A few community members opined that they “found it sad that someone was getting downvoted for their opinion”. They also argued that the thread itself was silly and that it stood in the way of would-be quality, informational posts. The sympathizers were promptly downvoted for their sound rhetoric.

Hopefully this teaches a lesson to those willing to exchange ideas with others.

Last edited by a moderator:
William "Wncozens" Cozens

Comments

Not to generalize, but I must say that most Reddit users are not that open to different opinions besides their own singular one. Those guys that down voted have dishonered themselves, and not only that, they make the Smashers of Reddit as a whole look bad.
Even here, I stated my opinion, and will most likely get screamed at XD; who cares? not me.
lol can't even be safe around others in the community wow.

Thanks for reporting by the way, I appeciate it.

Last edited:
That Fried Freak got what he deserved. I see kids like him all the time at multi-egg events for Smash Breakfasts and they're taking valuable time and space away from the scrambled lovers. You can't even Ketchup-dash a fried egg, that's how dull the fried meta is. Also, we had scrambled Mewtwo first, didn't need to pay extra. There may be more people eating fried eggs, but we've had thousands of players enjoying scrambled for over 15 years. And we expect to enjoy another 15 years of scrambled eggs. Didn't you see the documentary?

I know I'm generally an angry person, so I don't make the happiest of posts, but lord is that subreddit unforgiving. You're down voted for everything. Even agreeing.

Last edited:
Not to generalize, but I must say that most Reddit users are not that open to different opinions besides their own singular one. Those guys that down voted have dishonered themselves, and not only that, they make the Smashers of Reddit as a whole look bad.
Even here, I stated my opinion, and will most likely get screamed at XD; who cares? not me.
lol can't even be safe around others in the community wow.

Thanks for reporting by the way, I appeciate it.
"Not being mainstream on Reddit = getting nuked = Redditers are mean people" I agree, it might make people on Reddit look like bad people.

Reddit is by far my favorite website for getting information and casual discussion, but I can't deny that this is both hilarious and true.

I hope this sparks a war between smash reddit and smashboards

:150:
Actually, this post is upvoted to the top of the subreddit. Most of us agree it's an accurate representation of a good chunk of the community.
(We're not all bad, though :grin:)

Last edited:
That Fried Freak got what he deserved. I see kids like him all the time at multi-egg events for Smash Breakfasts and they're taking valuable time and space away from the scrambled lovers. You can't even Ketchup-dash a fried egg, that's how dull the fried meta is. Also, we had scrambled Mewtwo first, didn't need to pay extra. There may be more people eating fried eggs, but we've had thousands of players enjoying scrambled for over 15 years. And we expect to enjoy another 15 years of scrambled eggs. Didn't you see the documentary?
You know what? I'm sick of you scramblers talking crap about our preferred breakfast! You keep saying that fried eggs aren't as versatile in the way of seasonings or condiments, when almost all of your scrambled eggs are sickeningly runny and disgusting, while others are far too solid and firm, overloaded with toppings and sauces of every kind, making you want to throw up when someone eats them! At least fried eggs have some consistency with their seasonings, and while some aren't the tastiest, most fried eggs have the potential to be absolutely delicious! Leave our breakfast alone, you scrambled elitist!

Last edited:
Reddit is by far my favorite website for getting information and casual discussion, but I can't deny that this is both hilarious and true.

Actually, this post is upvoted to the top of the subreddit. Most of us agree it's an accurate representation of a good chunk of the community.
(We're not all bad, though :grin:)
It is, mostly accurate? wow...:eek:

>implying that's not a valid complaint

maybe those 3000000000 people are right and those black bars are dumb, ever thought of that ?

edited for two years. Black bars more often then not serve a purpose such as covering motion tiles or other badly keyframed effects.

Don't be so quick to judge something.

edited for two years. Black bars more often then not serve a purpose such as covering motion tiles or other badly keyframed effects.

Don't be so quick to judge something.
edited for 2 years too :bee:, black bars are often poorly placed and partially cover percentage/time (which can look unproffesional), not allowing viewers to know at what pecent a setups works at or if rage allowed for a kill, + you wont see complaints about lacking bars.

you wont see me complaining tho, as i understand why its there, ive never not loved your content.

Last edited:
edited for 2 years too :bee:, black bars are often poorly placed and partially cover percentage/time (which can look unproffesional), not allowing viewers to know at what pecent a setups works at or if rage allowed for a kill, + you wont see complaints about lacking bars.

you wont see me complaining tho, as i understand why its there, ive never not loves your content.
I feel you. Yeah a lot of people place it in badly placed spots.

It should be like around the stock or either leaving the footage right between it like a widescreen effect

Top Bottom