• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada Smash On Tap - Smash 4/PM Thursday Weeklies hosted by EMG & Project TO

Smash On Tap - Smash 4/PM Thursday Weeklies hosted by EMG & Project TO
Posted by Toronto Joe
2827 Dundas St W
Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 05:00 PM
Until: Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Smash On Tap is the home of the Toronto Smash Bros. community hosted by Even Matchup Gaming

Shoxs Billiard Lounge - 2827 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario

Schedule:
Venue/Reg opens for friendlies: 5pm
Registration for tournaments closes: 6:30pm
Tourney begins: 6:45pm
Friendlies/open setups start to pop up: 8pm
Tournament Ends: 9:30pm
Chill/Pack up time: 10:30pm.

Prices:
Venue: 5$
Events: 5$

Our weekly schedule:

- Smash 4/PM weeklies every Thursday night
- Melee weeklies every Friday night

We also host monthlies/arcadians/side events and more on certain days each month so make sure to join https://facebook.com/groups/SmashOnTap to stay up to date on all our events!
Challonges for each Smash on Tap can be found at
http://challonge.com/users/evenmatchupgaming

Stream links:
http://twitch.tv/evenmatchupgaming
http://twitch.tv/logicgatestudios

Smash On Tap FAQ:
Do I have to be drinking age to attend?
Nope! the lounge is ALL ages. You just need to be 19+ if you want to drink alcohol. There is no outside food or drink allowed in the venue.

How can I help?
Bring setups! We currently have 12 monitors and 16 CRTs in the SoT lounge and there is always a need for more consoles to fill them, if you can bring your console from home it will help out the event tons and also will be greatly appreciated!

What does the venue look like?
The venue is one of the nicest we've hosted out of in the GTA. It has tons of couches, a full bar, cool AC, plus more than enough space to hold 100+ people. Check these pictures out to see for yourself -
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...111527824297&type=3http://imgur.com/a/hwnzN#0

How can I get there via public transit?
From Keele subway station take the 89 or 41
Or from Dundas West station take the 40

Is there parking?
Parking is free after 6pm on the street of the venue. If you wish to come earlier its 1.50 per hour. There is also free parking on the side streets behind the venue as well as 3$ all day parking at the Dundas/Keele intersections lot.

Food specials?
Burger special(7$plus tax) on Fridays
1/2 off pound of wings(6.50 plus tax) on Thursdays
Shoxs also has day to day specials that the waitresses will gladly tell you about if you ask.

Thestorm64

Smash Rookie
man this is the closets tounoment that i can get to so i kinda want to go might be going

Thestorm64

Smash Rookie
nice! hope to see you there!
well if you need another wii u I might be able to bring mine with a gamecube controler adapter (also have got all fighters on wii u version unlocked as all the stages just not all the custome moves)

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Are wireless controllers allowed, or do you have to have Gamecube?
Yes, you just need to disconnect your controller after you are done playing your sets to avoid delays.
Will there be doubles for Smash Wii U?
If theres enough interest we run doubles but usually attendees prefer to use the extra time to play friendlies and hang out in the lounge

Flamedblaze0

Smash Rookie
Yes, you just need to disconnect your controller after you are done playing your sets to avoid delays.

If theres enough interest we run doubles but usually attendees prefer to use the extra time to play friendlies and hang out in the lounge
going there this thursday with friends see you there. :p

Last edited:

Alias

Smash Apprentice

Our weekly schedule:

- Smash 4/PM weeklies every Thursday night
- Melee weeklies every Friday night

switch the days please. I cant go to the location after school on thursdays, but i can on fridays,
Do people still even play melee?

also...

:3

Last edited:

Tio212

Smash Rookie
Good afternoon, I'm Tio and I'm visual impaired, i have some vision i just need to be a little close to the tv, just wondering if that is fine, and i may go it will be my first tourney

Pingpaddler

Smash Rookie
NNID
pingpaddler
Good afternoon, I'm Tio and I'm visual impaired, i have some vision i just need to be a little close to the tv, just wondering if that is fine, and i may go it will be my first tourney
Well I'm not Joe, but I don't see that being a problem. As long as you don't block the other player from seeing the TV you should be OK. If you are really concerned about it you can always ask your opponent if they mind you sitting a bit closer.

Ridlay

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ssbftwin
I know I'm a little late due to the GOML hype, but how stacked are the the Smash 4 tournaments usually? I may be able to go but I'm a bit afraid because of the fact that I'm a wifi warrior, and that this would be the first tournament in my life lol

Ridlay

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ssbftwin
Is there gonna be a sot this week?

Last edited:

Sp-Militia

Smash Rookie
well seems like a ton of fun. i will definitely be there. Just moved in from Guelph and i want to see what toronto has to offer. I`ll bring my wii u to help the venue. but sadly i don`t have a gamecube adaptor so i don`t know if i should.

Jayman112

Smash Rookie
Hey I Just Wanted to know if this weekly is still running cause I might stop by this week also are wireless controller allowed like wii mote and such

Top Bottom