• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash NI: Competitive Scene in Northern Ireland

Frogchip

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! A brief introduction: I'm EsperBoss, one of the leading members in what I hope to be the growing Smash Bros Melee Competitive Scene in Northern Ireland. I've seen many threads around the board dedicated to UK Melee and Brawl, which is always good to see, but that is the UK on the whole - I've never seen any thread dedicated to Northern Ireland, so here it is.

To the best of my knowledge, my group and I of around ten dedicated players are the only group of (aspiring) competitive level Smash players in the country. We are currently fairly small in number, and at the moment, we are not the best players around, but we are improving, and we are trying to find more willing to join us. I create this thread in the hope that there are those on the board who are nearby players who, like many of us, have wanted a Melee Community to exist in Northern Ireland but have never had the chance to join one.

We hold regular tournaments (our venue does not allow for direct cash prizes, but does allow for vouchers - entry fees will go towards covering such prizes) and we recently held a ranking league at a 24 hour gaming event. Disregarding the times we meet up at my house (which is pretty often) our group meets each week on Tuesday at a gaming society in Belfast called Dragonslayers (located at the Queen's University Student's Union).

Of course, I'd like to be proven wrong and shown that we have a local community already - that would be excellent. But if not, and there are any players around NI (or even Ireland)...this is your social thread to discuss the game and the community.
Hey. I'm pretty decent at ssbu (6 mil gsp, even tho gsp means nothing imo). Im not a pro in the slightest but I like to hear that there is a smash scene in NI. I live in Co. Tyrone and if you're holding a tourney, I would like to see how good your guys are because I don't play melee.

Top Bottom