• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash needs 2 Links

What should the Thread Name be?

• Smash needs 2 Links!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smash needs atleast 2 Links!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Smash needs 2-3 Links!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Zelda has so many diffrent Links, that no matter what happens there should always be 2 Links in the Game!
PS. One Serious Link :4link:and a more Cute One:4tlink:

latsmash

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5085-9089-2026
B-but Zelda can rep so much more than just the triforce characters, it's not like the entire franchise focuses around them

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Of course i think there shold be only 1 Ganondorf, 1.5 Zeldas Zelda and Shiek Impa as an Echo, exactly 2 Links one adult from the 3d Games and one young link my wish would be the one from the Links awekening remake and oracle a/S you know my picture and then also Skull Kid / Vaati, a goron, maybe tingle and impa but i already mentiond her. Ps cool Profile pic

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I always have trouble with seeing the same character in multiple places simultaneously. Mirror matches, Dr. Mario, Samus with and without armor, Pichu (though that is technically valid since there could be another of that type of Pokémon)... I am a proponent of one Link being in the game at once, with alternate outfits based on the different versions. However, I am not a great Zelda fan, so I am certainly not one to complain, and I could tolerate Toon Link... But I care not for the idea of Young Link (besides, Link already looks young, if I may joke).

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Ideally, we'd keep all 3. I love Young Link too much to want him gone. But I must admit, he's who I'd cut if you forced me to cut one. Link is of course the most iconic, but Toon Link has been in a good handful of games - more than Young Link's 2. Toon is also more visually distinct from Link.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
ideally imo Smash would have at least 2 unique Links + side characters, in fact I think this is the ideal Zelda roster:
View attachment 305294
Midna would also be cool
the first link hmm as long as he also has alts based on OOt and Tp im fine

I would say using
as classic link might also be a good idea he looks quite similar to Zelda 1 links sprite so it would work

Masked Link Hmmm i mean he would represent Gorons Zoras and Dekus my idea was putting a generic Goron in

I compültely Agree with the side Characters tho

BUt im VEEEEEEERY Thankful that you joined this Thread this also Aplies to everyone else!

edit: Otoad i didnt recognize you because of you new profile pic but haaaai

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

I would say using
as classic link might also be a good idea he looks quite similar to Zelda 1 links sprite so it would work

Masked Link Hmmm i mean he would represent Gorons Zoras and Dekus my idea was putting a generic Goron in

I compültely Agree with the side Characters tho

BUt im VEEEEEEERY Thankful that you joined this Thread this also Aplies to everyone else!

edit: Otoad i didnt recognize you because of you new profile pic but haaaai
I think Link is the main reason we NEED costumes in Smash, not just for Miis.
Toy Link could be an alt for Toon Link.

Young Link could have this alt:
5024b248ca610f5e470abcca1d2e29cd.jpg

And regular Link can have all these:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think Link is the main reason we NEED costumes in Smash, not just for Miis.
Toy Link could be an alt for Toon Link.

Young Link could have this alt:

And regular Link can have all these:
one of these is already in smash but i do think giving link every botw armour might be a bit to much but yeah i agree also impa as shiek echo or costume

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
one of these is already in smash but i do think giving link every botw armour might be a bit to much but yeah i agree also impa as shiek echo or costume
Don't you dare diss my girl, Impa.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
No, it just needs :toonlink:, the best Link. Just change his name from "Toon Link" to "Link" & we're good.

This ad gets it:

Otoad64

Smash Lord

I would say using
actually I would say the "Classic Link" should be normal Link and we make BOTW Link his own seperate character
hm defintley better than the alternative uuuuuh only adult link in mario kart why
yeah Toon Link should've been in Mario Kart instead of Adult Link

Oracle Link

Smash Master
yeah Toon Link should've been in Mario Kart instead of Adult Link
Yeah right toon-link fits better into the Mario Kart cast
Hm pretty dumb that costumes cant change proportions

But luckily link isnt treated like Goku in most Db Things its only Dbz/Super Goku never the Gt/Og one
Ive found zero kid goku figures but i found both Janemba and Cooler im pretty sure he would sell

That reminds me we still need Zelda figures in Germany i mean it would be enough if they just port WON over with better Swords and Shields

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I think three Link's is actually a good thing. One adult Link, one child Link and one cartoony Link basically represents all the Link's seen thought the series. (with a few weird exceptions) Its also much easier to add a different version of Link, given the fact that they have almost the same moveset

The problem with the Zelda roster isn't the amount of Link's, it's the lack of important side-characters

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think three Link's is actually a good thing. One adult Link, one child Link and one cartoony Link basically represents all the Link's seen thought the series. (with a few weird exceptions) Its also much easier to add a different version of Link, given the fact that they have almost the same moveset

The problem with the Zelda roster isn't the amount of Link's, it's the lack of important side-characters
I know but some people want to cut all non adult links in smash

Also we could get more side charas with 2 "full" Links the other ones could be costumes (with their own voice and weapons)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I think one Link does the job.
Like, he's just one character. The reason Fire Emblem gets so many reps is because they're all different characters, but no matter what Zelda game you're playing, Link is the protagonist. Link is always silent, he uses lots of items, he has the Master Sword (generally), and he wears green. Despite his appearance, not much else changes. It's the same reason I don't want Classic Sonic in Smash-same dude, different style.
Not to say I hate the multiple Links (as I love their movesets and appearances), I'd rather just have one. It could make way for one of Zelda's many infinitely more interesting side characters to have that slot.
If we wanted to represent different eras/timelines of games, we could have Zelda and Ganondorf continue to represent LttP and OoT respectively, Link for BotW, Happy Mask Salesman or Skull Kid for MM, etc, you see where I'm going with this. Celebrate those games with characters exclusive to said games, and have Link, Ganondorf and Zelda represent the 3 most beloved Zelda titles.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think one Link does the job.
Like, he's just one character. The reason Fire Emblem gets so many reps is because they're all different characters, but no matter what Zelda game you're playing, Link is the protagonist. Link is always silent, he uses lots of items, he has the Master Sword (generally), and he wears green. Despite his appearance, not much else changes. It's the same reason I don't want Classic Sonic in Smash-same dude, different style.
Not to say I hate the multiple Links (as I love their movesets and appearances), I'd rather just have one. It could make way for one of Zelda's many infinitely more interesting side characters to have that slot.
If we wanted to represent different eras/timelines of games, we could have Zelda and Ganondorf continue to represent LttP and OoT respectively, Link for BotW, Happy Mask Salesman or Skull Kid for MM, etc, you see where I'm going with this. Celebrate those games with characters exclusive to said games, and have Link, Ganondorf and Zelda represent the 3 most beloved Zelda titles.
But link is only an adult in half of the games and Botw link CANNOT represent any zelda game outside of the Botw ones

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I think 2 Links is a good number. That being Adult Link and Toon Link. They have enough differences gameplay wise to warrant the different slots without taking that much more dev time.
Thought I do wish there were proper alternate costumes.
Adult Link: BotW Incarnation, Twilight Princess, OoT, Skyward Sword.
Toon Link: Windwaker design, Classic Nes Design, LttP and LBW design.
Aside from that, My ideal Zelda roster would be this.

1. Adult Link
2. Toon Link
3. Zelda
4. Impa
5. Ganondorf
6. Ganon
7. Skull Kid
I think that covers most bases pretty well.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
But link is only an adult in half of the games and Botw link CANNOT represent any zelda game outside of the Botw ones
That's why I said, "represent Zelda games with characters specifically from those games." Like, you want to have Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker and the other toon games represented? Instead of having a third Link, why not have Alfonzo, or Tetra, or Tingle? Doesn't have to be Link.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
That's why I said, "represent Zelda games with characters specifically from those games." Like, you want to have Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker and the other toon games represented? Instead of having a third Link, why not have Alfonzo, or Tetra, or Tingle? Doesn't have to be Link.
I'd rather just have one
you talked about one link not 2
2 are fine and enough one cute young link (either Toon or Gb) and one Adult Link (with alts based on Botw,Tp and OOt) a third link isnt needed and even if there would be a third one it would probably be a more creative one

and if were keeping Zelda and shiek and add Tetra that would be 3 Zeldas

Top Bottom