• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash near the Timmins area.

Kwigles

Smash Rookie
Hey Kwigles here!!!! I'm a new comer to the smash boards but i have been playing smash at a competitive lvl for about half a year now (if going up against bots counts T.T) Now I myself live in Timmins ON and i was wondering if there are any smash events or get togethers near my town i live about 7-8 hours away from Toronto witch is the closest place that i know of that hosts events. So I was curious to see if any one can let me know of any that may be closer. And if there aren't any events near the area i was wondering if smashers from towns close by would like to start getting together for some friendly's or even to host an event of our own. places like Iroquois falls hearst etc...

Sry if this thread is a little long but i would really like to get a solid community built up around this area =3. Thx for reading

Last edited:

Duppy

Smash Rookie
Hey man, I'm from around Timmins and it would be nice to be able to meet people and have a gathering. I know someone else that I play with sometimes who may be interested. If you want to try to find other people, we could get a decent sized gathering I think.

Numbersix

Smash Rookie
There are quite a few of us that play here in Kirkland Lake. Some of us are going back down south for school but some of us stay here in town all year round if you are interested.

Kwigles

Smash Rookie
hey that would be awesome let me know when your next events are or get togethers. I'm usually working until the weekend but i'm always downs during my free time =3

Numbersix

Smash Rookie
if you want i can add you to the facebook group? just looks up Smash in KL on FB

Last edited:

Kwigles

Smash Rookie
alright sweet i looked up the name and joined feel free to msg anytime. i'm not on facebook to often but i do check occasionally

Chirka

Smash Journeyman
Your best bet for tournaments is to come down to Sudbury for the Nickle City tournaments. Next one is Feb 8th.
Anyone in northern Ontario looking for some competition / tournament experience come out to NCS 8 February 8th 2015. I'm hosting so can answer any questions. Really look forward to more out of town scenes attending our Sudbury events.

Melee singles, Doubles, and Project M singles features. More details can be found at the links provided.

http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-8-2015-nickel-city-smash-8-sudbury-ontario.385234/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1560050620907814/

More information on the Sudbury Scene

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187603111297267/
http://smashboards.com/threads/sudbury-on-power-rankings-winter-2015.385243/

Numbersix

Smash Rookie
unfortunately Sudbury is too far of a drive for me. Also ive dropped PM as a game and just focusing on Smash 4.

Eltrion

Smash Cadet
Still hoping we can get north bay and Orillia at the same tournament one of these days. Want to see a pm bracket break 32 entrants.

I'm starting to doubt Smash 4 will even last that long. The more people I talk to, the more it seems unsustainable.

Numbersix

Smash Rookie
im actually really enjoying smash 4. I can see the hype dying down but the scene wont be any worse then Brawl was imo.

Duppy

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'll be sure to check for smash in KL and in Timmins because im sure I could find people in the IF region that would love to play with you guys! I would love to find a gathering or potentially organise a tournament for Northern ontario!

Chirka

Smash Journeyman
Nickel City Smash 8 is Feb 8th in Sudbury. links above. Should be 40+ for Melee. 30+ for PM
Hey! I'll be sure to check for smash in KL and in Timmins because im sure I could find people in the IF region that would love to play with you guys! I would love to find a gathering or potentially organise a tournament for Northern ontario!

Chirka

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kwigles here!!!! I'm a new comer to the smash boards but i have been playing smash at a competitive lvl for about half a year now (if going up against bots counts T.T) Now I myself live in Timmins ON and i was wondering if there are any smash events or get togethers near my town i live about 7-8 hours away from Toronto witch is the closest place that i know of that hosts events. So I was curious to see if any one can let me know of any that may be closer. And if there aren't any events near the area i was wondering if smashers from towns close by would like to start getting together for some friendly's or even to host an event of our own. places like Iroquois falls hearst etc...

Sry if this thread is a little long but i would really like to get a solid community built up around this area =3. Thx for reading

Just so everyone is aware, the Smash community in Sudbury is starting to gather more out of town attention. We would love to see players start a community in Timmins. Send players down to attend our events!!!

If there's any interest our next tournament is Nickel City Smash 9. Sunday April 19th and features Melee and Project M, plus both North Bay and Orillia are sending players. All details can be found on the event page

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/events/942036369154562/
Smashboards - https://www.smashboards.com/threads/apr-19-2015-nickel-city-smash-9-sudbury-ontario.395303/

Last edited:

Kwigles

Smash Rookie
Man you have no idea how much I would love to send some Timmins players. But as is stands I seem to be the only one xD.
I have a few people willing to play but not to the competitive level. Once i get my hands on some more cash you can expect to see me make it out much more :p. Now that I'm out of school il have way more time to spend to head out to tourney's. But I'm not giving up on the Timmins scene yet 0-0b

Chirka

Smash Journeyman
Man you have no idea how much I would love to send some Timmins players. But as is stands I seem to be the only one xD.
I have a few people willing to play but not to the competitive level. Once i get my hands on some more cash you can expect to see me make it out much more :p. Now that I'm out of school il have way more time to spend to head out to tourney's. But I'm not giving up on the Timmins scene yet 0-0b
Sunday August 2nd in Sudbury we have a Melee and Smash 4 event co-hosted by EMG!!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/1608315602784616/

Top Bottom