• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash-Mex 9 feat. EX, Maximus, Aza

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Smash-Mex 9 (SMX9) was a tournament held in Cuernavaca, Morelos on the 8-10th of January 2010. Unfortunately the Twins didn't attend, but we still saw some top Mexico talent like Maximus, EX, and Aza. Get prepared for Smash Mex 10, probably to be held in Guadalajara in the Summer. We might see some American talent like Lovage, Atlus, Lucky, and HugS. So get hyped for that.

Here are the results (click "View Post" to view the full results)

Melee Singles
1 EX (Peach)
2 Maximus (Fox)
3 Aza (Sheik)

Singles

Grand Finals
EX (Peach) vs. Maximus (Fox) 1
EX (Peach) vs. Maximus (Fox) 2
EX (Peach) vs. Maximus (Fox) 3
EX (Peach) vs. Maximus (Fox) 4
EX (Peach) vs. Maximus (Fox) 5

Losers Finals
Aza (Sheik) vs. Maximus (Fox) 1
Aza (Sheik) vs. Maximus (Fox) 2
Aza (Sheik) vs. Maximus (Fox) 3
Aza (Sheik) vs. Maximus (Fox) 4

Winners Finals
Aza (Sheik) vs. EX (Peach) 1
Aza (Sheik) vs. EX (Peach) 2
Aza (Sheik) vs. EX (Peach) 3
Aza (Sheik) vs. EX (Peach) 4

Winners Semis
Maximus (Fox) vs. EX (Peach) 1 & 2
Aza (Sheik) vs. Meme (ICs) 1
Aza (Sheik) vs. Meme (ICs) 2 & 3

Losers Semis
Bell (Marth) vs. Maxi (Fox) 1
Bell (Marth) vs. Maxi (Fox) 2 & 3
Batu (Marth) vs. Meme (ICs) 1 & 2

Other Tournament Matches
Maxi (Fox) vs. Batu (Marth) 1
Maxi (Fox) vs. Batu (Marth) 2
Maxi (Fox) vs. Batu (Marth) 3
Aza (Sheik) vs. Soul (Peach) 1
Aza (Sheik) vs. Soul (Peach) 2
Lazh (Captain Falcon) vs. Soul (Peach) 1
Lazh (Captain Falcon) vs. Soul (Peach) 2
Vena (Sheik) vs. Bell (Marth) 2

Friendlies
MaxX (Fox) vs. EX (Peach)

Doubles

Grand Finals
Vena/Maximus vs. EX/Aza 1
Vena/Maximus vs. EX/Aza 2

Winner's Finals
Vena/Maximus vs. EX/Aza 1

Losers Semis
Lazh/Batu vs. Malote/Wex 1
Lazh/Batu vs. Malote/Wex 2

More vids to be posted soon!

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
Zup KrazyKnux. thanks for creating this thread letting all the USA smashers get some Mexican Smash Scene Info and Vids. about the the Twins attending the Smash-Mex 10(SMX-X) they have too cuz is gonna be so hype about the USA visitors. also they have to get back their champion title again cuz EX(the best Peach of Mexico) is the Actual Champ.

this are the official Smash-Mex 9 Results for each tournament.

Melee Singles
1 EX (Peach)
2 Maximus (Fox)
3 Aza (Sheik)
4 Batu (Marth)
5 Meme (IC's)
5 Bell (Marth)
7 Lazh (C.Falcon)
7 Matarel (Sheik/Fox/Ganon)
9 JL
9 zhiro
9 Adad
9 Vena
13 Uruz
13 Soul
13 Foxy
13 .jpg
17 Max
17 kai
17 Poke
17 Malote
17 Kaos
17 Zaya
17 M X
17 Kila
25 kaze
25 Erick
25 JC
25 MZXZ
25 WokeR
25 Pelon
25 Joey
25 John
33 CBOW
33 Lonche
33 Rojo
33 Wex
33 Bald
33 Minimario
33 Mery
33 Zero
33 Posh
33 Hill
33 Potter
33 Toke
33 Boba
33 Guldo
33 Kris
33 5129
49 Hyde
49 Zec
49 Chino
49 Sponja
49 Hexen
49 Elvergillas
49 Mayelo
49 Fernando

Melee Doubles
1 aza-ex
2 Wisin y Yandel
3 Rancheros
4 Malotex
5 black and withe
5 chiken arise
7 rompe madres
7 bobas fans
9 los ultimos en inscribirse
9 no hay pedo son brawlios
9 Chulas pelonas
9 wea wea
13 cañaveral de fuego
13 Conejos
13 chokomal
13 Nigthmer corp
17 M k
17 Las lenguas
17 chabelos
17 los desconocidos
17 Los talentosos
17 sin pareja
17 Armada
17 la Colina roja
25 Patineta

Brawl Doubles
1 tu mama es vato
2 violadores team
3 banana rabanera
4 mascabrothers
5 vibra diction
5 robotoon
7 2dfart
7 kase
9 reses al matadero
9 laggers
9 forsa
9 johns
13 Vikis
13 desmadrosos
13 viva italia
13 wirms

Brawl Singles
1 Waymas
2 Hyuga
3 Richi
4 Rafa
5 Hedi
5 kaze
7 Terro
7 Nalga
9 Winy
9 Diva
9 Opaios
9 Luffy
13 Forz
13 Minimario
13 y.jov
13 Tun
17 Zxz
17 Lion
17 Tpx
17 Citi
17 Rojo
17 Black
17 Manzano
17 Sigma
25 Orsi
25 Terry
25 Electrosum
25 Nexus
25 kbala
25 Hunk
25 Feliz
25 Hexen
33 Potter

Smash64
1 Vena
2 Toke
3 Rojo
4 Kila
5 Potter
5 sponja
7 hyde
7 MZXZ
9 M-X
9 Nexus
9 John
9 Lion
13 Gustavo
13 kaze
13 Hill
13 Winy
17 Elvergillas
17 Zic

Eggm

Smash Hero
Pretty **** turnout. What's the date of smash-mex10?

Edit : It makes me smile seeing melee results with more people than brawl in other countries. Truly remarkable.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Alright, that takes care of most of the posted bracket matches (there's still one more set that I'll link to soon). Will get to linking to the doubles matches in a bit, as well.

Zup KrazyKnux. thanks for creating this thread letting all the USA smashers get some Mexican Smash Scene Info and Vids. about the the Twins attending the Smash-Mex 10(SMX-X) they have too cuz is gonna be so hype about the USA visitors. also they have to get back their champion title again cuz EX(the best Peach of Mexico) is the Actual Champ.
Oh no problem, I'm just trying to get the word out to the USA smashers so we can get some more competition over more countries. I know Mexican's scene is dominant, but yet we still haven't seen any competition between the two despite how close they are. I'd like to see that change pretty soon. Looking forward to SMX-X definitely, hopefully all the best of Mexico attend as well as the USA smashers who are planning. That's going to be so dominant, and hopefully the start of some more competition among the countries. Btw thanks for posting the full results.

Also, anyway else who's interested in the Mexican smash scene or upcoming tournaments, you guys should check out Top Tier Tournament(Thread here), which is a tournament that is going to be held in Monterrey, Mexico (where the twins live) on April 2/3. If we could get some attendance there, that would be awesome.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Ok, looks like I have all the matches linked to. Let me know if you find anymore matches. Looking forward to Top Tier Tournament and SMX-X. I'll be making threads for those as they come around and hopefully we'll get some more hype for the Mexican scene.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
D: I really screwed up against Aza *sigh*...

until next time then... XD

I'll step my game up *grins*

KusakaKyo

Smash Rookie
I wanted to be there for smash mex T-T too bad i cudnt get the money in time =( ... btw ppl who wants to join us at Kimera 2010 in Colima, Colima u r all wellcome =D there's gonna be a smash tourney, hope it gets better than last year -.- ... anyways i went out of topic, i know smash mex is the biggest if not the only tourney at Mexico so yeah u guys did pretty well, but i think u cud've done better o.o

lugiacorp

Smash Cadet
The Smash Mex 10 or Smash Mex X, will be on summer and the dates are not ready yet, but it will be on second half of july or first half of august, and it will on Guadalajara, Jalisco.

I will try to have more info latter but for now that was the more important and confirmed info about the Smash Mex 10, whe hope to see not only mexican or american player, it will be great have latin players or even european players.

Any question can ask me directly to me by PM or it will be better by e-mail or MSN to any of these:
lugia_lifs@hotmail.com
lugia@smash-mex.com
smash-mex10@hotmail.com
And also on Smash Mex

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Ok, found a few more tournament vids that I linked to. That's all I could find, so let me know if there are anymore. Mexicans are way too good at this game.

D: I really screwed up against Aza *sigh*...

until next time then... XD

I'll step my game up *grins*
You got this, you're attending Top Tier Tournament, right? You could definitely pull off a high placing at that. Btw, are you, or any other Mexican players, interested in coming up to USA for a major tournament (Like APEX?)

I will try to have more info latter but for now that was the more important and confirmed info about the Smash Mex 10, whe hope to see not only mexican or american player, it will be great have latin players or even european players.
Make sure to post a thread for that over here when more information comes (or maybe I will)! I want to get the word out to American smashers, so we can get some hype for these tournaments.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Well we've always considered to go to US Tourney, but usually there's a SMX right around the corner, and is either a SMX or an US Tourney.

Though some of my crew have been planning of ditching one SMX and go for a Pound/Genesis like tournament with a bunch of mexican players but there's a lot of paperwork to work on for those who don't have a passport/visa and also lots of money to save up XD.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
More vids posted! Pretty dominant stuff. Get hyped for SMX-X and Top Tier Tournament.

@Meme, hopefully some of you guys can make it up here sometime. The winners of Top Tier Tournament should use that money to fund a trip up here, that would be solid. And hopefully SMX-X doesn't clash with APEX or something, so we can get some representation in SMX-X, and maybe some Mexican players can head up for APEX. Hopefully you'll keep us updated, I check out the SMX forums pretty often but my Spanish isn't too good, so I'm not always sure what's going on with the community (still confused as to why Javi isn't listed as confirmed for Top Tier Tournament, for example lol).

lugiacorp

Smash Cadet
KrazyKnux can you say when it will be the APEX for don't have the same date that the Smash Mex X, and don't worry about your spanish, you can post in english cause many of the people of Smash Mex, speak english so it can response your post or question.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
KrazyKnux can you say when it will be the APEX for don't have the same date that the Smash Mex X, and don't worry about your spanish, you can post in english cause many of the people of Smash Mex, speak english so it can response your post or question.
Alright, sounds good, thanks. I think I might make a thread for big American tournaments over there sometime just in case anyone in interested in attending. GAMME is going to be June 4th-6th and APEX is going to be August 6th-8th, so watch out for those dates when scheduling SMX-X.

lugiacorp

Smash Cadet
Alright, sounds good, thanks. I think I might make a thread for big American tournaments over there sometime just in case anyone in interested in attending. GAMME is going to be June 4th-6th and APEX is going to be August 6th-8th, so watch out for those dates when scheduling SMX-X.
Ok thanks for the info !!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Looks like July is the best date, it avoids major American tournaments, and suits the players well. Definitely going to be an epic tournament, hopefully we get some more international hype. Blunted_object, Lovage, Atlus, Lucky, HugS = too dominant.

Top Bottom