• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash(Melee) Scene in NYC?

fatalsolid01

Smash Cadet
Hello there so I live in The Bronx and am looking to get into the competitive scene, or at the least just meet people who enjoy playing melee together, as I've just had it wit dem boring ass cpu's lol. I've been to 2 smash tournies before during my high school days in New England, which were Brawl and I no longer care for. So maybe someone can point me in the proper direction and help me get acquinted with you smashers around here ,Also I'm 20 years old :)

fatalsolid01

Smash Cadet
Ok I saw ur thread I'd play with you on weekends if you're down, pm me ur Facebook or something to get in contact better.

skipyee

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm a noob from Westchester and literally no one plays here so hit me up (just send me a message and I'll give contact dets). I usually play Melee and have my tech skill down but need some practice against actual people.

sunnybrain

Smash Rookie
Hey, im in Astoria, and would be pretty interested in getting together for smash against real players too. Would any of you be interested in joining a FB group to make it easier to manage time and place?

I should also have access to Project M once I get my disc drive fixed in my wii.

BmanNintendo

Smash Rookie
NNID
RPGBman
3DS FC
3368-2768-6061
Hello! I'm new to this site, and I'm also a Brooklyn player seeking out others I can get in contact with for some competitive fun :)

Grant Ashford

Smash Rookie
I am from Manhattan and I am really trying to get into the competitive scene if anybody wants to play I am down and I need advice because I am relatively new to competitive melee and still need to master the basics. I am also willing to go anywhere traveling is no problem for me for I am really flexible

sunilinus

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys! I'm from weschester but I go to school in the city. I was wondering if I could maybe get involved in this. I sent a request to join the facebook group. My name is Linus!

Big Ghoti

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I'm not that great at smash, but my friends are really good. But we all just wanna get better at the game because the same two people always win. Btw we are from Howard beach/ Glendale.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Grand central Library on the weekends. join facebook groups

Sorry for the double post

Last edited by a moderator:

Heavy C4

Smash Cadet
What time? from noon to 8 pm? Where exactly at the library?

I see now. 10:30 to 4:45 saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Variyen

Smash Rookie
Joined the NYC smash facebook group, are there any other groups/meetups in the area? I just moved here.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I think there might be multiple facebook groups lol. There are a few venues in this area that run regular tournaments, I forget their names now but I'm sure you'll encounter them around these 'boards or the fb groups.

m0ll0y

Smash Cadet
Yoo ! Sup guys I'm from long island (franklin square ) but I play melee too . I wouldn't mind making a city trip to play with some of u guys so hmu !

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
Oh my goodness there are regular meetups near Grand Central? I know the topic says melee but do you think there'll be Smash 4 there as well this weekend?

I was going to try and gather interest in midtown Manhattan and see if we could use the free place in Montasy Comics on 37th and 5th, but y'all saved me the trouble.

Last edited:

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
Didn't see any smashing going on at Grand Central Library this Saturday, but I did talk to an employee of Jim Hanley's Universe on 33rd street and he said he could see them hosting meet ups if I showed him that there was a community interest.

JakeFrmStateFarm

Smash Rookie
I hope I'm not to late to this. I've been searching around for a Smash bros group and this was my first decent one that seemed anywhere close to actually doing any meetups. I found your facebook group and sent a request. My name is Jamal.

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
I'm pretty new to competitive smash but I'm looking for people to play with. I have sm4sh for 3ds and wii u but I don't mind playing melee either. Never played project m though. But willing to check it out. I live in queens

Ozzero

Smash Rookie
Yes! Been looking for more local NYC/LI smashers. Wherever the group meetup is, that'd be great to know!

EL Prince

Smash Rookie
im new here also new the competitive scene, from the bronx trying to get better

Phresh123

Smash Apprentice
I'm from Queens, very close to the city. Let me know what's up and feel free to add me.
There's an event in Queens College this Tuesday! Def should come out and smash im from Brooklyn but ill commute.

Add me on Facebook: Phresh Williams

Top Bottom