• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Livestream Player Name / Score editor for OBS/Xsplit (program inside)

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Didn't know where to put this so any mods feel free to move it but I did make it with melee livestreaming in mind (although all smash livestreaming is pretty much the same so w/e).

So I've been surprised by how annoying it has been to teach people how to edit text with OBS during tournaments when I can't always be behind the stream computer if I need to go and play a set or something. Along with that fact, people still even get lazy or just forget to change the score or fumble with the names. Hell, I get lazy doing it sometimes. Its sooooo many clicks just to change a number by 1, ^_^.

So I went ahead and created a little program to help with this.

[Sendspace Link]
[Zippyshare Link]

In the link is a zip file with the program itself (Smash Stream Control Panel.exe) and 5 txt files.

Interface

Apply Titles changes all three titles to the text in the boxes. You can change scores with their respective +/- buttons and reset them both to 0 with the reset scores button. Exit obviously exits the program.

Setup

So both OBS and XSplit have functionality that lets you have text be updated from text files that you specify in the properties of text entries. Just make the appropriate titles link to the right files (leftplayer to your left player's name, leftscore to their score, etc.). Info.txt is for things like "pools" or "grand finals".

OBS:

Xsplit:

---

I'd be happy to give people the sourcecode if you want to edit functionality or make it look nicer, ^_^. It's coded in autoit fyi.

Last edited:

Metal Gear Salad

Smash Apprentice
That's amazing, I've just spent my Saturday creating a real sleek looking layout but in order to change things you have to double click each source and change it there. This is rather convenient, thanks!

Last edited:

NeoTalon

Smash Rookie
Dude I was looking for something like this, thanks a ton, if anyone finds any good bars to use as a background (like the ones used for Apex) please let me know :)

Metal Gear Salad

Smash Apprentice
Dude I was looking for something like this, thanks a ton, if anyone finds any good bars to use as a background (like the ones used for Apex) please let me know :)
just make some on ps, it's not too difficult, even for newbies like myself. i taught myself on saturday and built a full layout.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
@Alex

The limited functionality mainly. Admittedly, I didn't do any research into what options already exist since the program at its core is relatively simple to write and I wanted to practice some autoit anyways.

But even after finding out about Jaxel's program and some others (like the really cool "StreamControl" by Farpenoodle) I still would prefer my program to suit my needs since the original motivation was to provide a super simple interface for when I have to relinquish control over the stream PC when I have to play. I don't have a consistent "2nd in command" to hand my computer when I leave to so I wanted to make something with functionality limited to just title changes, not just something that would make my life behind the stream desk easier and without the possibility to control something important that requires my consent.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Oh, that's really weird, says it got taken down for violating something to do with xsplit (not sure what my own program could violate especially when I dont mention Xsplit anywhere in the files).

I've added some other download links.

Kadano

Magical Express
I haven't tested Jaxel's panel writer yet, but it seems to me a proper teams solution is only included in the pay version. Also, I haven't found anything about text outline support, which imho makes it look a lot better.

CeCo, a friend of mine, wrote this program for me:

Download, together with a panel template, is at the end of the OP of my "Technical knowledge compilation" linked in my sig and in this thread:
smashboards.com/threads/streaming-with-obs-open-broadcaster-system-–-score-board-for-teams.344820/

rokimomi

Smash Lord
You mean text outline support in OBS/Xsplit or specifically with Jaxel's program?

And yea, the program I've made is much more catered to the lighter style of layouts like the ones used in Super Smash Sunday and Evo rather than the full on teams setup.

Kadano

Magical Express
Just in Jaxel's program.
OBS handles text outline really well, so I decided to use that for a low-effort solution.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I like this a lot more than Jaxel's program - works with the actual OBS text and updates in real time. Or who knows, maybe I was using Jaxel's program wrong. Either way, great job!

Last edited:

Dryzzen

Smash Apprentice
everytime i try to download this. its not a zip file. its a .rar file. and its doesn't work. need help

says files are damaged.

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
This is amazing and makes handing the stream a breeze for my secondary TO. Any chance you'd add character portraits to this program, maybe selectable with a dropdown menu with one for each player?

If not I understand, just a thought.

KoukiBlaze

Smash Rookie
Just found this. I would love to use the program but it seems the links have expired. Could you please update the links?

Pauer

The Pauerful
Since the original poster hasn't been online in years, there's little chance that these links will be updated.
There are lots of similar tools for OBS that do the same thing. Haven't tried any of them, maybe check out one of these two (1, 2)

RubyGrube

Smash Rookie
Is it possible you could upload those files on Sendspace or Zippyshare again? They expired! Thanks!

Top Bottom