• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Island X: A Super Smash Flash 2 Tournament

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
This is great! I love this this awesome flash game is getting the appeal it deserves!

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It warms my heart seeing Captain Falcon beat up anime characters. :4falcon:

Kyoz

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't say i'm the "King" but these tourneys are very entertaining. What I would say is I'm the best ZSS main, Kappa x]

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
Looks like a really fun game but I find it hard to take seriously with Ichigo and naruto. If you're gonna fanboy out and put anime characters in at least have good taste.

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
I'm so bothered when I watch the highlight video.

Those combos are blowing our down throw strings out of the water lol dammit smash 4

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
Probably the manliest Marth has looked in any depiction so far.

On a more serious note... GOKU? NARUTO? SORA? That is awesome. (I guess the Lloyd girl and the guy who I think is from Bleach are cool as well)

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
Probably the manliest Marth has looked in any depiction so far.

On a more serious note... GOKU? NARUTO? SORA? That is awesome. (I guess the Lloyd girl and the guy who I think is from Bleach are cool as well)
Lloyd is a dude... The main character of Tales of Symphonia. And yes, Ichigo is from Bleach.

LucasBlitz

Smash Rookie
NNID
LucasBlitz
3DS FC
4141-3310-4813
The only thing that kills this game for me would be the uneeded anime characters. Goku? Naruto? Lloyd? Ichigo? I can understand Sora since some of his games are exclusively Nintendo and Black Mage even more cause Square and Nintendo aren't the unlikely pairing. But seriously Naruto, Goku, Lloyd and Ichigo? Takes out the fun uniqueness of the smash bros franchise imo. Better of just playing their games than cramming them into the SB universe.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Doesn't quite matter what people may feel about the included anime characters since they're all from shows whose genre are nothing but fighting so that makes them blend seaminglessly into any fighting game out there.

Last edited:

LucasBlitz

Smash Rookie
NNID
LucasBlitz
3DS FC
4141-3310-4813
Not entirely since most of the Smash franchise were either adventure or platformers, if you want an anime fest just play J Stars Victory VS.

Chaozrush21

Smash Cadet
NNID
dotmae
3DS FC
3007-8540-3431
It's nice to see SSF2 growing, I always found it fun to play when I'm not doing anything. The only thing I wish it had was official controller support.

ChainArmour712

Smash Cadet
I also support the idea for a separate SSF2 section. It would be great for it because most likely you'd go to the McLeod Gaming forums only if you had heard of it. On SmashBoards it attracts fans of all the games so it would be great publicity for the game. Given that it has easy to use online functionality with no IP address or friendcodes needed it is simple for anybody to pick up and enter competitive play.

Also, just as Project M was given an individual forum because it was the most popular Brawl mod, I think SSF2 should be as well since it is far and away the most polished of the Smash fan games and has the largest userbase (sorry Crusade, but I think SSF2 resembles a real Smash game more- though I do love Crash Bandicoot, Snake, Shadow, and Saki!).

I think that at this point it is time to welcome it into the greater community of Smash games on SB. It has a thriving and devoted community on McLeodGaming and it's time to show them some love here!

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yo, is Ichigo still good in this game? And does anyone know if the GameCube adapter for Wii U is supported? I'll hafta pick him up again if it is. I put in some good work when I was playing it at APEX a couple years back.

Game Master Jack

Smash Rookie
NNID
Oklahoma276
I need Monkey D. Luffy/Roronoa Zoro/Blackfoot Sanji/Tony Tony Chopper/Cyborg Franky/Humming Brook/Cat Burglar Nami/Nico Robin/Whitebeard. Basically anyone from One Piece. Lol.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Gosh, it's been a while since I played this... Glad to see it's finally getting a real name for itself, especially if it's getting its own board (which I wholeheartedly support).

Go on, SSF2, and long live the Black Mage!

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
I need Monkey D. Luffy/Roronoa Zoro/Blackfoot Sanji/Tony Tony Chopper/Cyborg Franky/Humming Brook/Cat Burglar Nami/Nico Robin/Whitebeard. Basically anyone from One Piece. Lol.
I'm actually a little surprised that Luffy isn't on the roster. I mean, I know the game doesn't really need anymore anime characters on the roster, but it's odd seeing only 2 of the Big 3 in the game. That, and he'd fit seemlessly in the game with his fighting style and abilities.

D

Deleted member

It's incredible to think that a flash-based fangame could get this big. The Smash community sure is unique (in a good way) and accepting!

Myself, I've never tried out SSF2 much. If you download it can you use a USB controller?
Yeah, it's a free download and setting up a USB controller is easy. You just need a program like Joy2Key to set controller input to keyboard controls

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys the anime characters being in the game isn't so bad, it kinda gives Smash Flash 2 a unique flair to it. Plus a crazy amount of people want Goku in Smash anyway lol. And it's not like they have nothing going for them, Naruto had a whole bunch of games on nintendo systems with the gba games, the clash of ninja series on gamecube and wii and there were the DS games and that 1 3DS game. Goku had a fair amount of games on Nintendo systems too, Ichigo had the least though cause I think he had like 2 or 3 games on Wii and that's it XD

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
I have acouple complaints about this game specificly with marth. Marth's spike is really different with Dair in melee its with the back of the sword but in flash 2 its with tipper also the other colors are just stupid with Marth having a higher hue and a lower hue is just lazy and they need to fix that

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
:starman:ATTENTION SMASHBOARDS:starman:: I need some help! I want to get a tournament started for this game. I watched a few of those videos and wrote down names a few possible entrants to the tournament. I still dont know the venue or time(however i have a few places around where i live that are possible venues) 16 spots, best of 3 matches,(i dont know how to do losers bracket so i left losers out. you lose and im sorry :( ), 4 mins. 8 stock, player display on q to sheild e to grab and t to pause. Oh yeah and auto dash is on too. DASH DANCINGGGG! :D Stages include Battlefield, FD, Dracula's Castle, Tower of salvation, Mirror Chamber, Pokemon Stadium 3, Nintendo 3DS, Dreamland, Smashville, and Yoshi's story(btw hazards are turned off, so technically you could play on any map but nope) I have no idea when to do it, but i do know the cost. $5 per person, and if you bring a full setup,(computer, CPU, keyboard, and maybe a projector to spread the hype!) its only $3. Before the semi finals, there will be a 1 hour intermission, where you can 1)Hang around the venue just chillin' or 2)get some luch from the places around town. It's a small town sooo there's not much. <_< The person who wins is crowned the 1st Super Smash Flash 2 Annual Tournament Series Champion. I dont know what the prize is either but i think it'll be a medal, and certificate under a picture in a frame. If this could be spread around the boards, I would owe you guys big time!

Last edited:

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ichigo says i dont know ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
It's nice to see SSF2 growing, I always found it fun to play when I'm not doing anything. The only thing I wish it had was official controller support.
I know its not much consolation, but apparently if you download Keysticks and use an Xbox controller, the experience is awesome. I haven't done it, but it makes sense. I just love Tails in smash tbh.

Last edited:

LunarySSF2

Smash Rookie
The only thing that kills this game for me would be the uneeded anime characters. Goku? Naruto? Lloyd? Ichigo?
Hold on , Lloyd is not even an anime character. He's from Tales Of Symphonia lol.

Anyway , I can only go to half of these tournaments because the other half starts at midnight for me (I'm Belgian) but I got 1st on the last 4th tourneys I went to , which is nice.
By the way , next tournaments are Hypest 7 on April 19th and Smash Island XI on April 25th. There's usually a tourney every week-end except this one because we're having a Europe vs USA crew battle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom