• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in the Bank!!! An 818 Tournament.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Didn't go cuz I was scared it would be raining at some point either going or coming back!

Sorry wes!!! <3

baka4moé

Smash Champion
fun tourney! i'm sort of happy with my results, sort of..

shoutout to joe, I apologize especially for that last game we played :(. But thanks so much for teaming with me, I had a really fun time :)

fun seeing everyone again! tired as **** right now so other shoutouts later maybe.

also, results/bracket??? :D

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
goddamn it

why'd you say that johnny

i was blissfully ignorant

2 hours biking in the rain woulda sucked balls though
bus wasn't a reliable option

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Hey joe and anyone else who watches my vids with headphones

I figured out how to make sound play out of both audio channels even though it only records through one. =)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
shoutouts to

24 for hosting an awesome tournament. the location was amazing.

cho for coming with me to this tournament and teaming with me. hope you had some fun.

andymosity and strain nice to see you guys again.

baka, sung and dendy thanks for hanging out with us afterwards. get 4 stocked daniel. ;)

johnny, lovage and replicate for playing friendlies with me. you guys are great.

stab ggs. you stepped it up in the end.

the two guys that we were playing friendlies with as DK: (sorry I can't seem to remember your names right now) you guys are awesome.

jkun thanks for playing friendlies.

also I have a question for Lovage: in your set against fly I noticed that when you got grabbed you would spaz out on your controller and get out of grabs very quickly. Were you rotating the control stick or were you jamming it left and right very quickly? I wanna try that out. :)

Lovage

Smash Hero
amazing tourny! had so much fun here

ggs to everyone i played, thanks to everyone for coming out

hope to see everyone (and more) at champ's tourny in long beach next weekend

p.s. results????

also I have a question for Lovage: in your set against fly I noticed that when you got grabbed you would spaz out on your controller and get out of grabs very quickly. Were you rotating the control stick or were you jamming it left and right very quickly? I wanna try that out. :)
i spin the control stick really fast counter-clockwise and slide my thumb over ABXY over and over

LuCKy

Smash Master
good **** to johnny n oscar for ****ing me up .....*******s lol you guys both played amazing n im pretty hyped for next saturday now thanks to you guys :]

wes- i dont know how you got such a hard bracket when it was like your tourney LOL sucks

macD - it was great hanging out again and thanks for the ride! n wow for once we actually didnt play a tourney set looool

fly - same to you lool one way or another i always end up playing you for some reason x.x and good stuff with that peach comeback in teams LOL i think that comeback threw any kind of chance or momentum me n stab had out the window x[

jkun . ....ur mean

stab- good stuff in teams! i was pretty surprised we could take fly n mccains peach, ic's so well lol turned we worked really well together. just im sorry i suck so much against peach in teams or we might have had a chance in losers :/

JOE- dont know how we didnt play any. we need to get a sick friendly session going on at the next tourney or something

atlus . . .why the **** wernt you here lol

everyone else <3333 for comin

see everyone next week

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
1: Mah_******_805 ($75)
2: Fly_Amanita ($37.50)
3: PooperScooper ($12.50)
4: Lucky
5: MacDaddy69
5: Westballz In Your Mouth
7: Sung
7: Joe
9: Stabbedbyanoverpricedpizzaplace
9: Back4Moar
9: Peligro
9: Lando Calrissian :c
13: Cablecho
13: DanteFox
13: Strain
13: Jason
17: DendyPretendyDoesn'tCareAboutHisPlacings
17: Manatee
17: Anto
17: Matt
17: Tipzy
17: Andymosity
17: J666
17: Taylor
25: Combofest
===========================================
26: Skurai for not entering
27: Wha? for not asking me for cash so he could enter
28: Atlus cuz he sux.

Thanks a lot for showing up everyone. Meant a lot. Next time I will either have a different venue OR a bigger timetable so we can expect things like, pools, crews, livestream MMs/Pride Matches. Skurai will give me doubles bracket tonight/tomorrow.

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l583/Cyclonez24/SmashInTheBanK.gif

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Shout outs

1: Lovage - Awesome GF, those JC shines
2: Fly_Amanita - Beautiful gimp
3: S2J - Nice finish on Lucky, shouldn't pause, your DI is too godly
4: Lucky - I want to play you
5: MacD - I did better than last time :) Those turnip N air edgeguards still **** me
5: Westballz - Let's play again
7: Sung - Edgework needs work!
7: Joe - Next time! Those shine/U smash OOS are way too good. Like, freakin, I did SHL then approach with N air and you shielded the laser then did U smash OOS right away got me clean
9: Stabbed - I shall bring the money next time we meet :] Ggs!
9: Baka4Moe - DK vs Fox.
9: Peligro - Saw you vs tipzy, soooo close haha good stuff
9: 24 - Thanks for the advice, I will treasure it forever
13: Cablecho - Ggs, thanks for waiting I eat incredibly slowly LOL
13: DanteFox - ^
13: Strain - I don't think I played you
13: Jason - ^
17: DendyPretendy - You got this next week!
17: Manatee - Oh my...you almost had me there on brinstar, I think I'll ban that next time haha
17: Anto - Ggs!
17: Matt - I don't think I played you, unless you are the other samus guy, to which case, ggs!
17: Tipzy - I want to play you
17: Andymosity - Ggs! A lot of samuses tend to come back with aerial on the stage
17: J666 - Sexy Link as always!!!
17: Taylor - I don't think I played you
25: Combofest - Ggs, I think you do way too many random raptor boosts :/

Awesome tournament thanks for hostin 24, I'm soooo glad you let me join singles :)
Now time to get busy on those shine OOS

CableCho57

Smash Lord
dayum this tourney was waaaaay too fun. and STACKED! second round for everyone was **** hahaha

shoutouts
dante: thanks again for the ride dude. I cant help but feel I let you down in teams =( and I still owe you that gas moneys
anto: ggs man, I can feel you were a little off. Your ness is tooo good too lol
the other guy that ate with us and played dk: sorry I dont know your name haha. youre a funny dude, fun games man.
andy: dude we didnt play! we still have to mm! SB will have a tourney soon
baka: hahaha I have so much fun playing with you man. Your spacies are really good too
Fly: Man I got so excited when I took your first stock first game to grab the early lead LOL. your tag is so bad***
24: great tourney man
wes: cool friendlies
oscar: triple jc shine is too ****. great comeback in grandfinals man, youre soo good its scary
sung: haha np, great job beating stab
dendy: close matches! your puff *****
joe: hella chill as always. waveshine out of shield is toooo good
stab: hopefully you didnt get in trouble by your mom hahaha
everyone else: socal is too good, hopefully SB can get more involved in the future

HugS™

Smash Lord
Dayum, I missed out. My self-imposed break will end in April, so I'll start showing up to everything again.

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs

1: Lovage - Awesome GF, those JC shines
2: Fly_Amanita - Beautiful gimp
3: S2J - Nice finish on Lucky, shouldn't pause, your DI is too godly
4: Lucky - I want to play you
5: MacD - I did better than last time :) Those turnip N air edgeguards still **** me
5: Westballz - Let's play again
7: Sung - Edgework needs work!
7: Joe - Next time! Those shine/U smash OOS are way too good. Like, freakin, I did SHL then approach with N air and you shielded the laser then did U smash OOS right away got me clean
9: Stabbed - I shall bring the money next time we meet :] Ggs!
9: Baka4Moe - DK vs Fox.
9: Peligro - Saw you vs tipzy, soooo close haha good stuff
9: 24 - Thanks for the advice, I will treasure it forever
13: Cablecho - Ggs, thanks for waiting I eat incredibly slowly LOL
13: DanteFox - ^
13: Strain - I don't think I played you
13: Jason - ^
17: DendyPretendy - You got this next week!
17: Manatee - Oh my...you almost had me there on brinstar, I think I'll ban that next time haha
17: Anto - Ggs!
17: Matt - I don't think I played you, unless you are the other samus guy, to which case, ggs!
17: Tipzy - I want to play you
17: Andymosity - Ggs! A lot of samuses tend to come back with aerial on the stage
17: J666 - Sexy Link as always!!!
17: Taylor - I don't think I played you
25: Combofest - Ggs, I think you do way too many random raptor boosts :/

Awesome tournament thanks for hostin 24, I'm soooo glad you let me join singles :)
Now time to get busy on those shine OOS
I'm Matt, don't think I got a chance to play you. I'm from NY, but next time I'm in CA maybe I'll see you at another event.

Great tournament! I think I learned quite a few things from playing against everyone in friendlies and brackets. I think my favorite match was getting 4 stocked twice by Oscar's fox on Yoshi's (not knowing who he was at first until someone was kind enough to tell me who everyone was later on.)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
wow. big thanks to stab for bringing his recording stuff, it really helps! my edgework seriously needs work. =[

hope theres another one of these! :)

MacD

Banned via Administration
24- thanks for hosting and getting the venue, hope you didn't mind the little pushes everyone gave you, we just like to make sure tournies get run/done. can't wait for the next one, hopefully you can find a cool venue.

that one wasn't bad by any means (and we easily could have run the tourney a little faster to finish), but it was also a little cramped. you never know how big a tourney you can get.

i just hope one weekend, we can get like the 50 person local, so cal def has the opportunity, we just need everyone to go the same tourney.

Fly- looks like i sucked it up in teams this time, at least early in the bracket, in gf's i was doin better but still felt like i let you down, whether or not that may be the case. i know you're just gonna come back stronger after this, fix those few mistakes and be even harder which is good (but bad if i have to play your sheik lol)

joey- good to finally see you/cathy, can't wait for this weekend, but don't get ***** joey, don't let us beat you, and yes, it was amazing to not have to play for once, hopefully we can keep that up next week unless it's in like winners finals or something

oskie- too good, always a pleasure to play you, well until i get baired like 430409350958 times lol, hopefully i'll give you more of a challenge this weekend

s2nairs- idk what to say, except welcome to the club of falcons who do that exact same thing to me, i'm up 3 stocks, lose 1, get 0-deathed the next (though normally it's in one-two combos lol), then it ends up being close but i lose in the end.

oh i know one thing though, i know you like to joke and say whatever, but it's really annoying for you to ***** at us AFTER YOU WIN about how "you're so ****ing gay" whatever **** you are saying. it's one thing to john/be upset after you lose, we all do it and that doesn't bug me cause i understand, but to straight up insult us after you win without being provoked by us is hella **** and kinda pissed me off.

joeplicate- shoulda talked to you more and played you and stuff but whatever, we still got this weekend.

ps, try to avoid the attitude that comes from hanging with the 805, you'll become a cool kid only liked by the cool kids ;)

Westopher ballz- with all the people who showed up, sorry we couldn't rig the bracket to play, if you go to champs this week, let's make sure we at least play some friendlies

Sung- getting pretty good man, you just need a little practice/training against peach so you learn to not always side b so high, makes it too easy for me

stabbed- stop sucking, you got this. you were doing well in teams, it's cool to see you doing well, slowly becoming less strange to think of you as good and not that noob from a year ago. idk how often you hear this or whatever but the work you are putting in is paying off for sure

and btw, what happened to me vs tipz? i swear it was recorded and we are both gonna be very :( if it wasn't

Baka4more- you are def getting there, and you are lucky enough to know what you need to work on and have vids to help. if you can get your edge guards better, you'll see a drastic improve in how well you do. oh and next time, don't expect our matches to be that close ;)

glad to see everyone traveling, going, whatever, hope most people can make it too champs, cause champ tournies are amazing!!!

D

Deleted member

1. lovage- ****, very happy i lost
2. fly- never been ***** so hard, only way for me to beat you is for you to be playing the worst game of your life
4. joey- GGs, another flukey win. really sorry about that pause. tell cathy thanks for the sticker =)
5. macD-my B, i'm the guy who will say stuff after i win rather than lose but most of it is spew. not proud of it.

as for our match, lucky victory for me. pretty sure if it went to 3rd game i woulda lost

also im sorry but tipz vs u didn't get recorded because i messed up

5. westopher ballz- ur lucky we didn't play woulda ****ing anally drilled ur ***hole
7. sung- ur amazing, love your falco style. lets play next time
7.Joe- 8::::::::D--333 <3<3<3
9.stab-getting good, turning into a mini PP

when you get better though, develop your own style!

9.baka4moé- getting better too, focus more on getting better at all aspects and don't be results orientated (not saying you are).

for now, your offense is good but your defensive game could use some work imo

9.PLIGRO-good stuff chris, we didn't play/ didn't see your matches loool maybe i'll see you next week

9.24- thanks for hosting, best local in a while

and more later

LuCKy

Smash Master
mac - lol my bad ill try to do better this weekend :]

johhny - nah man that was the quickest up air ive ever seen in my life LOL i mean shinning you back to the stage was pretty dumb but you took advantage of it at the speed of light like a champ. dont worry though, ill make sure to give you more of a challenge next time ;D

WestBallz

Smash Ace
i always get gayed in bracket. these are my loses from the most recent tourneys. Mango/Zhu Hugs/Zhu Lucky/Fly Lucky/Fly. Either lose to top 5 or beat the top10+ Im going after you lovage and macd!! Johnny ive already taken care of :D
Anywho
shoutouts :
Joe- GG's i noticed u kept falling for my spot dodges. If u played more patient u wouldve won.
Oscar - Good 2 see u doing well. Congrats on winning. just playing 2 games with fly is very exhausting and u played 2 sets with him. Dunno how u did it!
Poopy! - I can tell you want ur revenge.
MacDaddy - We'll play soon
Lucky - For some reason i played terrible against you and i was playing good all day so i dunno wat happened.
Fly - I hate wobbling. But ur regrab **** with ic's is pretty sick sometimes. GG's i thought i had u for sure 2nd match but downsmash is 2 gay and strong.
Sung - I heard u beat stab....That westballz training going 2 work! Nah but seriously u got really good really fast. I wish u didnt have saturday classes.
Stab - Getting better. But u need some better combo's. You could be a wayy bigger threat if u would combo better.
j666 - Play a diff character :D <3
Emily666 - Thanks for the ride and letting me borrow ur car :D
Dendy - Ur hilarious. Play gayer with puff.
Alfredo - U make me sad :( but i understand rain is gay
Baka - We better start practicing.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
super late shoutouts

wes - friendlies next time bro
Isaac - thanks for hosting, I'm down to play again too
Fly - Almost man, good showing tho
Oscar - good ****
Johnny - Nice job beating joey
Joey - One day I'll **** and we can team without you carrying, but until then, thanks for carrying me hahahaha
Mccain - this guy
Jason - Thanks for the ride
DAVE - omg the counter *****, burgers da bess
paul/anto - kkkk-k-k-k-k-korean, keep improving guys
Dante - Lets play again some time
Joe - super fun matches
cho - the problem with late shoutouts if you forget what you were gonna tell someone LOL
Baka fo sho - keep at it bro
Sung - gg in tourney and mm, I'm down to rematch anytime
andymosity - lets play for sure next time
dendy - SUP WIDDIIIIT
tipz - fun matches for sure
peligro - brooooooooo, ggs

Top Bottom