• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Peru (27 August - 03 September)

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
So I found a flight to Peru for $500 in September. In March, I'm going to figure out my travel schedule for work, and if I am free then, I'll book the flight.

I talked to Alvin, saying I was interested in going, and I was going to try to get the best in NA to come too. He said they will schedule a national tournament for the week that everyone goes. (lol I told him I didn't even ask anyone yet but he still announced to the peruvians that a bunch of US players are going to peru)

I think it would be cool to see
Isai, Bane, Tacos, wizzy/sk/sheer
JamieHR, Mariguas, Dext3r

I'll also ask the Japanese if they are interested. So who here is interested in going? Remember, its Hyrule only

CONFIRMED:
  • USA
  1. Herbert Von Karajan
  • Canada
  1. SuPeRbOoMfAn
SEMI-CONFIRMED
  • Japan
  1. Moyashi
  • Mexico
  1. JamieHR
  • USA
  1. Madrush
  2. Knitefox

Last edited:

DevMBC

Smash Ace
I'm interested. I think it would be cheaper if i booked a bit later though

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Make sure that whoever you bring, you hype them up to be the best from the USA so you can witness how much ****ing trash talk the peruvians do when they beat him.

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
Everyone in Perú (including the cities Lima - Arequipa - Tacna) is discussing about this topic right now) if you guys decide to come to Perú, what would be the city? That's the question that many of them are wondering so peruvians are trying to decide what would be the best option for you in order to schedule the national tournament. The tournament promises to be so much better than the another one with participation of all the good players in our country: GERSON, ALVIN, TAVO, MAR-K, LOCOSMASH, ORLANDO, YIYO, ETC. It would be wonderful to do this real since nowadays Perú has very good competitors that could do well in international level

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
If this is for real, I'll try to go since it's in Peru and I'll record some videos of the tourney. NO PROMISES.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Make sure that whoever you bring, you hype them up to be the best from the USA so you can witness how much ****ing trash talk the peruvians do when they beat him.
Yeah, for real. I don't know about now, but literally EVERY oldschool Alancitu video has either gerson or alvin trash talking him somewhere around the comment section lol. I hope they're not like that anymore.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Yo you guys are hella lame. Trash talking is the single best thing about competitive ssb.

Having said that, when's the next big tournament??

I need to beat a$, Sheer, and Wizzy so I can solidify my position as the best player on the east coast.

Oh and now that keyboards are a thing, i guess i have to beat SK and Killer too.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
lol you have to beat stranded first noob. Then try me on for size

With regards to peru or japan trips, its really difficult for me to travel places for more than a weekend right now

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Lol. Good joke.

There's not an east coast player that would take a set off me right now. :awesome::awesome::awesome:

To be honest, your luigi would probably be the best bet. :troll:

AlvinSSB

Smash Rookie
would be glad to have your presence using friends ... assure you that we will have good opponents! Peru national tournament smash midyear ... (Also played in dreamland) lol (Y) Greetings (here life is good economic) will spend as little

Battlecow

Play to Win
Dreamland? Yeaaaaaaaaah

I might be in, school doesn't start til october for me and work ends in august

but it's not like we need more ****ty midlevel people for Tacna to feel superior to so IDK

tacos

Smash Journeyman
i would love to go, but a flight to peru would cost me about the same as a japan flight. I would much rather go to japan tbh.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Just got the OK from the bossman to take a week off to play smash. Looking at August 27 through September 3rd.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
i would love to go, but a flight to peru would cost me about the same as a japan flight. I would much rather go to japan tbh.
Japan is $1500-$2000 round trip. From Boston to Atlanta to Peru is less than $500 round trip. So you would pay about $1000 more dollars in just the flight just to go to Japan

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I dont want to be the only USA player there. Isai? Tacos? Bane? Sensei? Kefit? Madrush?

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to try to get Japan to go to Peru so we can party without you guys

I think Peru will be more fun

The Star King

Smash Hero

Battlecow

Play to Win
Peru + DL is like cookies + milk + some sort of really hard drug

**** is riiiiiiiiiight

I want more

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I wana go to peru with y'all but no passport yet and I have the cash and speak Spanish, id gift them controllers an oc and gameshark, grease knowledge too

Top Bottom