• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Lakeland, FL

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Lakeland is slowly, but surely becoming a popular spot for Brawl. All Lakeland regional discussion topics belong here in this group. We mostly talk over Skype.

PM ZLF AURORA TO GET INTO THE SKYPE GROUP

LAKELAND SMASH ON FACEBOOK

THE LAKELAND ARCHIVES: Or "How I Forgot to Reserve Post 2"

7/30/13: Lake Alfred's given us a challenge that we're ready to take. Get hype Lakeland Army.
Check it here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-in-lakeland-fl.334877/page-2#post-15734870

8/17/13: Results:
http://smashboards.com/threads/lake...lk-county-florida-8-16-13-all-vids-up.340069/

Last edited:

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I'm here! Who else is going to hang out with us in Lakeland? There's got to be more Lakeland Smashers out there. Someone else has to live in Lakeland willing to Brawl here, help put Lakeland on the map for Smash competition.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Hey Lakeland Smashers, we've come up with a great idea for a Lakeland tournament.

Me, Rolex890 and ZLF, are thinking about actually creating a tournament for Lakeland Smashers and people in the area. Our venue will be right off of I4, so if you're coming in from Tampa or Orlando you'll have an easy route, guaranteed!

If you live in Lakeland and would like to help us set up or arrange the tournament a little bit more, please contact one of us. This is our first tournament, we're both a little nervous as we've never been TO's before and we'd like some help and advice running the show.

By the way, if only 15 people show up there'll be a $63-$31.50-$10.50 pay out for the top three. If 20 people show up, there'll be an $84-$42-$14 pay out for the top three.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
In a perfect world, we're looking at Victory Church as a venue, but I cannot say anything for certain on that. The date is also still way beyond up in the air.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
We were thinking about doing it after the Come to Papa tournament in Florida. Sometime during the summer perhaps, so anyone who's in Lakeland please keep your eyes open. This will happen. Look on the boards every once in a while in Atlantic South, and you might want to watch this thread too. Either ZLF or myself will post when we've dictated a time for the tournament.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Hey, fancy that! xHermit, if you know any other Brawlers in Lakeland, feel free to let them know that a tournament might be coming their way in the same city they live in. It would greatly boost the publicity of this. One of us will get back to you when we have an idea of what day and what time the tournament will be.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Let me know what you guys decide. If you want just one-on-one practice, that's cool too. I just got a big piece of advice from a guy who answered my ad on a blog entry.

xHermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
EcksDee
Yo. We gotta get together and practice.
Let me know what you guys decide. If you want just one-on-one practice, that's cool too. I just got a big piece of advice from a guy who answered my ad on a blog entry.
I got a pretty tight schedule during the week because of school/work. I'm pretty free on the weekends though. It'd be awesome if you guys wanna meet up some time though. I drive so I can pretty much go anywhere.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
I got a pretty tight schedule during the week because of school/work. I'm pretty free on the weekends though. It'd be awesome if you guys wanna meet up some time though. I drive so I can pretty much go anywhere.
Getting guests over is always a hard time for Rolex and I. From my experience, the Lakeland Public Library is always a decent meet up place if it's a place you can make it to. If you're interested in getting together sometime next weekend, hit me up via PM and we'll get something set up.

xHermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
EcksDee
Getting guests over is always a hard time for Rolex and I. From my experience, the Lakeland Public Library is always a decent meet up place if it's a place you can make it to. If you're interested in getting together sometime next weekend, hit me up via PM and we'll get something set up.
They will actually let you play at the Library?

xHermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
EcksDee
As amazing as it sounds, yes. The TV in the teen area is generally free for whoever wants to use it.
That's awesome. I never knew that. They would probably allow use of the TV's in student game room at PSC but unfortunately that's for students only. You gotta have a student ID to get in :/.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
That's awesome. I never knew that. They would probably allow use of the TV's in student game room at PSC but unfortunately that's for students only. You gotta have a student ID to get in :/.
Yeah, that's a shame. Do you have a Skype that I contact you at by chance?

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
By the way, I will be free this Saturday after 1 pm. If you guys would like to arrange something this coming weekend in Lakeland, start talking about it and I'll see what I can do, okay?

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I'm all for it. If all else fails I'll build the times and place myself if I have to, then I'll post in this thread about it. If you want, I'll be free on Saturday and my Skype will be open. Anyone who's out there, wanting a tournament, we could do it over WiFi and I could record the results. Just an idea, beat two out of three and whatnot. Sound okay? Anyone up for it?

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
(not meaning to double post)

We could use the Lakeland Smash Skype group as the main discussion group for this. I'm actually all for it right now, or we could try to meet somewhere in Lakeland for the matches. Someone let me know if I'm blowing hot steam or not, I really want to get a tournament up and out here.

xHermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
EcksDee
I actually don't think an online tournament is a bad idea. It's almost like practice for setting up a real tournament xD.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
As soon as I get definite hours approved I'll post again in this thread. If ZLF is out there, let him know my plans and see who else you can add to the Lakeland Smash group. When all is ready I'll run the seeds by experience and skill level, and set up a tournament bracket. Then it can begin. Anyone else down with this idea?

xHermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
EcksDee
As soon as I get definite hours approved I'll post again in this thread. If ZLF is out there, let him know my plans and see who else you can add to the Lakeland Smash group. When all is ready I'll run the seeds by experience and skill level, and set up a tournament bracket. Then it can begin. Anyone else down with this idea?
I'm in.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Good SmashFest last night you guys. It took me way too long to find my groove, I'll try to get into it faster next time. Thanks for having me over JB, and it was great to see you again xHermit. Like ZLF said, these could be regular things if you want. I just won't be able to go to all of them during the school year because of my classes.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
As amazing as it sounds, yes. The TV in the teen area is generally free for whoever wants to use it.
That's a good place to find people to add to the community. I assume a majority of people who play smash, especially in places like Lakeland, aren't aware there is a community that plays it.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I won't be at all of them during the school year due to homework demands, etc. I'll try to make as many as I can. My Ike is a lot better now just after this one night.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Good. I have pronounced my GCN controller to be dead. RIP baby: 2003-2013

So, now I'm going to be forced to use my elusive and oh so fabulous Golden Classic Controller Pro. In a way, it's better than the GCN controller but in other ways, no :(

Anyhow, aren't you guys going to be at Pizzanos? Looking forward to seeing yous.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I won't be at Pizzano's because its on the day of the biggest concert in all of my band career each year. I will try to be at R. U. Game in Brandon on the 25th, however. It's an all doubles tournament, far as I know, so if you're coming bring a partner.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I saw JB post in the thread. I hope people other than us come to that tournament, I want to see some strong players there.

Heowolf

Smash Rookie
Is there anything going on with this still? I live in Pasco County and I haven't found anything decent SSB wise since I left Baltimore besides cons :(. I have a car and can drive so that's not an issue, I can also car pool (3) people if they're on the way if need be.

On a side note, apparently if you don't post for a while all your forum data gets wiped <.< just noticed..

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I'm Rolex. My tag is "Pheta Ray", and I main Ike, DK, and MK. And this community has never been more active!

Just last night we had a Smashfest at a Lakeland boy's house, after going to a tournament in Brandon. As of currently, seven people are in the Lakeland Smash scene. We've also got a Skype social to make communication easier.

Every month there's a tournament in Winter Haven called Pizzano's. Usually everyone in Lakeland tries to make it there. The next big tournament we're looking into right now is Come to Papa in Tampa on July 20th.

Everyone here is really friendly. Especially me. Like all friends, we trash talk each other for good sport and in all honesty these guys are my second family. If you'd like to join, I'll ask for your Skype info if you have one, and I'll add you to the social.

By the way, anything you see pertaining to "sweg" and the like is not how they actually talk. It's ironic humor.

Heowolf

Smash Rookie
Pizzano's Pizza is 82 miles from me x.x. I got a few local smashers from the area that are looking for a place to play people besides each other though lol, so car pooling might work(only 28$ in gas to split) . My Skype is the same as my name here (or heowolfe I can't remember x.x) but I'm rarely on it. I'm off work tomorrow so if you add me on there I'll get on and make sure everything is copacetic and whatnot. If anything I'll be going to Come to Papa. I thought it was in Orlando o.o.

Also GT is Wolf/Wolfe depending on Melee/Brawl - Last names ftw

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
You're more than welcome to come to Lakeland to play any of us. I'll post in here for you when we have another Smashfest. I'm pretty sure Come to Papa is in Tampa, I'll have to double-check...

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Nice job on the spontaneous Smashfest after R. U. Game guys. Stay awesome Lakeland.

Is there anything going on with this still? I live in Pasco County and I haven't found anything decent SSB wise since I left Baltimore besides cons :(. I have a car and can drive so that's not an issue, I can also car pool (3) people if they're on the way if need be.

On a side note, apparently if you don't post for a while all your forum data gets wiped <.< just noticed..

'Sup Pasco? All is great in Lakeland, and just getting better by the hour!

You're more than welcome to come to Lakeland to play any of us. I'll post in here for you when we have another Smashfest. I'm pretty sure Come to Papa is in Tampa, I'll have to double-check...

Not even close. It's Orlando.

Top Bottom