• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash/For Glory hell question

Charu

Smash Cadet
By the way, do you remember two players, one with the tag WOOF WOOF, and one with the tag BARK BARK? One named Mason, one named Adan.

We swear we've seen you on FFA. I was in a call with a buddy and we kept going into FFA lobbies to goof around together. One match was a taunt party where my buddy and I were playing Roy and jabbing at each other, while possibly you were Lucario or Duck Hunt.

I just saw the "O Hi Doggy" tag when watching your archive of FG Hell, and that Mii seemed somewhat familiar. I told my buddy about it, and he remembers those matches.
Heh, that sounds familiar to be honest. Yeah, I usually go Duck Hunt in there, but it's been a long while since I used that tag.

I should use it again, been using a lot of Duck Hunt lately. But now I'm just kind of avoiding FFA for the time being. I feel like that's PROBABLY what triggered my FG Hell this time. I guess I went to one too many FFA sessions!

Though if you go 2v2's, you'll most likely see me. My current tag is RAWWWWR or somethin' silly. I see a lot of the same players in 2v2's surprisingly! Just don't be surprise if you see me leave a room suddenly, because my goodness, I swear, the people that don't the good Internet/Wifi/NotUsingLANAdapter in that mode is outstandingly high.

I'm beginning to wonder if blocking players also triggers FG Hell. I've been recently doing that before being sent there after trying my gosh darn hardest not to block players. I can only take only so many months of unbearable lag from people who are more than 1000 miles away from me (and or overseas)

Last edited:

pianoasis

Smash Cadet
Pro tip: You don't deal with that issue when you play the official Nintendo tourney servers. They're under the Online Events section of Online mode, click the button that says 'Regular' at the bottom and you can choose from For Glory games on Battlefield, Omega stages, and even ones with custom fighters (including Miis). Omega and Battlefield are more common but either way this is the only way you get to play Battlefield and custom games without setting up games with friends.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Friend got stuck in for glory hell a while back... Actually, it gave me a chance to prove it's existence since I also have a copy. We'd connect at the same time and from the same connection nonetheless and he couldn't find anybody in doubles while I found tons of players, and repeated it over the week he was banned.

The moral of the story is to not play Little Mac well on for glory, lol.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I think everyone's convinced it does exist, but what's still foggy is the criteria for landing yourself in there. The idea that there is in fact some rudimentary report-checking of the most basic implementation might be on to something. Perhaps someone, or some automated system, checks if you did anything that would possibly be bannable, such as changing tags before the match or SDing, and assigns red flags if something checks out. I'm frequently paranoid I might land in FG Hell, as I'm sporting an 81% rate now and have played FG almost religiously since release, but still smooth sailing so far.

I think everyone's convinced it does exist, but what's still foggy is the criteria for landing yourself in there. The idea that there is in fact some rudimentary report-checking of the most basic implementation might be on to something. Perhaps someone, or some automated system, checks if you did anything that would possibly be bannable, such as changing tags before the match or SDing, and assigns red flags if something checks out. I'm frequently paranoid I might land in FG Hell, as I'm sporting an 81% rate now and have played FG almost religiously since release, but still smooth sailing so far.
If you don't taunt, SD, or change tags often, I doubt you'll ever end up there, no matter how much you play. I'm pretty much in the same boat, except I leave after either myself or my opponent wins twice, trying to mimic best of 3's.

link2702

Smash Champion
Probably overthinking it a bit.

Likely all it is, is a system where you get sent there after so many reports from other players, it doesn't matter what they reported you for, the game doesn't "check" to see if you did something wrong. Nintendo created the system assuming players report others for legit reasons, as opposed to being sore losers, with the only way to "tell" if someone is a sore loser, is if they report a bunch of others in a short time, which in that case they get sent to banland as well.

1 player gets reported at least once by a bunch of different players= player eventually sent to banland after a certain number of reports have been acquired.
1 player reports every single player they encounter until they run out of reports for the day=player eventually sent to banland after they made so many reports, even if no other person EVER reported em.

In both cases there is a limit that the person crosses where they're sent into smash hell, and likely every day a certain number of reports are knocked off their name until they're finally allowed back into the normal game. Lets just say that the limit is 50 for reports against you, and 100 total for the reports you made.

When you're in banland, every day 5 reports are dropped off by the end of the day against you, and 5 (or 10) reports are dropped off that you made against others.

When both are back to zero, you're out of banland until you acquire another 50 reports against you, or reported another 100 players.

Any reports you acquire in banland still add to the total, but since you're more likely to encounter the same people over and over in banland, and they can only report you once per day, you don't get near as many reports against you per day as you might on the normal server, hence the reason you can still return to it after a week or two.

The numbers i used are just examples, we don't know for sure what the limit nintendo set is, but the point is, i think the system they have is far more simple than people are giving them credit for. No one is there going through replays of your match to see what you did wrong, nothing is being done to check if you changed your name tag to something insulting, it's all automatic based on how many reports that are added up either against you, or that you've made.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps someone, or some automated system, checks if you did anything that would possibly be bannable, such as changing tags before the match or SDing, and assigns red flags if something checks out. I'm frequently paranoid I might land in FG Hell, as I'm sporting an 81% rate now and have played FG almost religiously since release, but still smooth sailing so far.
If you don't taunt, SD, or change tags often, I doubt you'll ever end up there, no matter how much you play. I'm pretty much in the same boat, except I leave after either myself or my opponent wins twice, trying to mimic best of 3's.
I don't taunt, SD or changr my tags ever since my first ban and I've been sent back 3 more times

Vidiot825

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8558-7913
Hi, question about FG Hell... how do you actually get out?
I've been in it before and have gotten out after a week or two, but the recent ban has been since... let's say November
Suggestions? (3DS player if that makes a difference)

Last edited:

Enenra

Smash Rookie
I've been soft banned for about 3 weeks now and going for a fourth, I don't know when I will this will be over but everytime I'm on FG it takes like 20 mins to find a match and when I do its against someone I have already played against.... It's really annoying, probably just gonna buy a new system and play smash on there since it has to be tied with the NNID

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Friend got stuck in for glory hell a while back... Actually, it gave me a chance to prove it's existence since I also have a copy. We'd connect at the same time and from the same connection nonetheless and he couldn't find anybody in doubles while I found tons of players, and repeated it over the week he was banned.

The moral of the story is to not play Little Mac well on for glory, lol.
lol That is not true, I main Little Mac and have only been banned once. One time, out of the let me see.. full 2 years since I had the game? Yea, that sounds about right.

I would say, characters like Duck Hunt, Lucas, Bayonetta, and the people that use them well. Are more likely to get reported and banned. Just my 2 cents.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
I'm beginning to think someone does review reports, but they don't care what the reason for being banned is.
For example, if you get reported by player A, then play people until player R and you tell player R "U Suck", if they haven't reviewed your report until then, they'll just see you switched your name to U Suck and you'll get banned.

And, if you told player R "GG", they'll still ban you just because they see you changed your name to something they don't know if it's an insult or not.

I'm not saying it fixes the system. It's still broken as hell, but my advice to anyone is never change your tag after a match. If you have to change your tag, leave the room.

I'm positive I've been reported since my last ban multiple times. It's been the ole "Viewing Results Drop" scenario.

But so far, no ban. Who knows.

I recommend everyone play it so safely, that you'll come off as a jerk. No compliments and no responding to compliments.

rjpageuk

Smash Cadet
I dont understand the reasoning you give for reports being reviewed, I remain convinced they arent (can you imagine the workload in reviewing reports and what is there to even review - are you suggested every time someone reports someone else a replay of the game is saved for Nintendo look at?)

I disagree about changing tags (or taunting), I dont think either of these are relevant other than making people salty and more likely to report you.

I have recently switched my main from Link to Ganondorf and I routinely change tags (to nice things) and often taunt during matches (it is hard to resist when you are the prince of darkness) and have never been back to ban land. When I was Link I spent half my time in there.

For those stuck in ban land try taking a break for a week, it should be the best way out. It wouldnt surprise me if the people in ban land are also the ones most likely to report and so you end up in a cycle of being stuck in there.

link2702

Smash Champion
Annnnd like I said before, some of you thinking that Nintendo reviews reports are overthinking things. I'm almost 90% sure it's just a simple system like I described before here, and I'm 100% sure it's automatic and no one actually "checks" on anything.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
My first time in FG Hell, this sounds more like a badge of honor really, you salted up too many scrubs.. now go play only with good people... kind of annoying though, since I can only take some much 1v1 at a time..

Update. I have spoken with Nintendo, and the rep told me some info that is counter to what I am reading. The first thing she told me is that reports of violations against a user ARE looked at by an actually human being and a judgement whether or not to ban or continue a ban is then made. She said that these reports are reviewed, but alluded to the fact that an initial report may lead to a ban until the report is reviewed and a judgment call is made. Second, she gave me a number, she said that just one report of bad behavior etc in Super Smash Brothers is enough to have a soft-ban put on your account. Also the people in Nintendo of America do not know why you are banned but the admins over in Japan do, and may chose to divulge that information to them if they so choose, and then the people of Nintendo of American can inform the user. The will respond to me sometime next week, and I will see if they give me that specific reason I was banned. On a side note when talking to the reps, it is important to ask the right questions, that way your problem is escalated. So just ask to be connected to someone who can more specifically tell you about your ban.

Okay, now another update. I think I need to retract that reports are reviewed. The woman I spoke to before, said they were but I think she was referring to actually official reports like in the miiverse or something. The woman I spoke to today pretty much confirmed or at least agreed with, what everyone else has said, that this is an in game reporting system created by the developers (Sakurai), and that if enough people choose to report you, in a certain amount of time, for any reason, your game play style, salt, whatever, you will be sent to for glory hell. So there we have it, whiny salty little babies can punish good players because they are jelly.. I cannot believe in a game so well made they would put something this stupid in it. Just wow Sakurai..

Last edited:

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
I've just been banned on 3DS a few hours ago, now I'm not sure why I was banned but it was probably because I've won a match against a :4robinm: with my :4wario: (What an horrible matchup >_<).

I accidently SD while trying to edgeguard but I managed to won, I was quite happy at the end because my opponent was defensive and the match took a long time, so to celebrate this I used the Down Taunt (Wah Wah Wah !) and did a freshly ultra-charged waft on my Bike that was close to me.

I have to admit that I, sometimes, like to triple taunt with Wario's Side Taunt, but I don't think I was reported for this as it's more humoristic than anything else, people even do the same thing sometimes to respond.
Or maybe I was good and people didn't liked that, especially against Wario that is not a so fun character to fight and is rare online.

In fact, I don't find Smash Hell so terrible. Okay, you can only hope for 1-on-1 matches and have to wait at least 5 minutes to have somebody to join your room (If somebody else hadn't wait this time), but not all people you meet are that bad, there are good players, medium ones, taunters, some trolls that perfectly know that they are banned, rollers and campers. That's pretty much the basic For Glory atmosphere you have in the regular server and I don't really care that much since I can still play SSBWiiU.

I just wonder one thing : Does there are several servers for reported people ? If not, it would be easiest to meet reported people as they are probably a lot.

Anybody is actually banned on 3DS ?

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I've just been banned on 3DS a few hours ago, now I'm not sure why I was banned but it was probably because I've won a match against a :4robinm: with my :4wario: (What an horrible matchup >_<).

I accidently SD while trying to edgeguard but I managed to won, I was quite happy at the end because my opponent was defensive and the match durates a long time, so to celebrate this I used the Down Taunt (Wah Wah Wah !) and did a freshly ultra-charged waft on my Bike that was close to me.

I have to admit that I like to triple taunt with Wario's Side Taunt, but I don't think I was reported for this as it's more humoristic than anything else, people even do the same thing sometimes to respond.
Or maybe I was good and people didn't liked that, especially against Wario that is not a so fun character to fight and is rare online.

In fact, I don't find Smash Hell so terrible. Okay, you can only hope for 1-on-1 matches and have to wait at least 5 minutes to have somebody to join your room (If somebody else hadn't wait this time), but not all people you meet are that bad, there are good players, medium ones, taunters, some trolls that perfectly know that they are banned, rollers and campers. That's pretty much the basic For Glory atmosphere you have in the regular server and I don't really care that much since I can still play SSBWiiU.

I just wonder one thing : Does there are several servers for reported people ? If not, it would be easiest to meet reported people as they are probably a lot.

Anybody is actually banned on 3DS ?
If you're a good player, triple taunted AND blew up your bike with a fart, then I'd be surprised if you weren't banned.

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
I actually didn't triple taunted during this suspicious match, plus, I don't always do this in all of my battles with Wario.
I saw that Andinus said that only one report can ban you and are normally reviewed, if it is my case, no body should be banned because someone pressed the arrows buttons or do performance while free time.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I actually didn't triple taunted during this suspicious match, plus, I don't always do this in all of my battles with Wario.
I saw that Andinus said that only one report can ban you and are normally reviewed, if it is my case, no body should be banned because someone pressed the arrows buttons or do performance while free time.
After my most recent call, i think i have to update my statement, i believe the first person I talked to was referring to actually formal written reports about an abuser. But in my most recent call they connected me directly to upper management and she pretty much said this is an in game system made by well, Sakurai, and that if you get a certain number of reports against you in a certain amount of time you will get sent to hell. she also said from experience as everyone else has stated it lasts 1-2 weeks but its really an algorithm that is controlling how long you stay in so things can get "random" in terms of how long you are actually stuck. So the moral of the story is, salty little ******* can punish good players just for being good, so be nice to everyone, and then sometimes that does not even work because scrubs are petty.

Brokentail

Smash Rookie
NNID
PKacid
3DS FC
3969-7598-0529
My GSP is very high so I only get matched up with extremely good players which has resulted in my win rate going from 73% to 61%.

Oh, woe is me :[[[

Cardboardtubeknight

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
4914-7294-5851
Funny how its called "jail"

"Whatchu in fer bud?"

"Video games"

I was only in there for a week, so I just didn't play for a week.

Last edited:

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
I got banned for a fifth time.
Too many losers and sheltered children online.
It's funny how you know you're in For Glory hell when the toxicity just spikes

We didn't even have a single match.

Crap, I meant to edit my original post, not respond to it. Does anyone know how to delete posts?

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Did you make sure to report the little scrub to? If he's going to take you down, you might as well take him with you.

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
As a fg he'll veteran I have found a way around their system. I simply have a second 3ds with which I play with once I'm banned on one. I realize that this isn't as easy for others, but it is convienent if you have a girlfriend, roommate, or sibling your living with who owns one. I don't remember if they also need a copy of the game or if you can just move the one since it's a different 3ds profile. Since my gf has smash (anyone with a 3ds should) I just pick up her ds and go right to playing.

As a pikachu main who is good I'm sent there a lot. I just get too competitive and refuse to lose. I'll find somone better than me and I'll camp them to time out with thunder jolt then use the second hit of quick attack to win the sudden death. I often go for hard gimps and jab locks as often as I can. I get why I get sent there, but it's not like I crouch a lot or taunt often....

Though I am occasionally known to use Rosalina and luma to edgeguard players to death... that's just when I want to laugh.

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
I got on FG hell because my connection would cut out without warning. The entire time i've been playing smash it's only happened 4 times. Sadly three out of those four times i've been reported. It's a royal pain because the disconnects are legitimately not my fault (the wireless router sometimes randomly goes on the fritz like I said without warning) in one particularly bad case the power went out to the entire house boy was that not fun.

Top Bottom