• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Direct next month?

Smash Direct in October or November?

• spooky time (october)

• thank time (november)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cithara

Smash Rookie
Okay so if they did do a Smash Ultimate Direct I assume it would be on the 18th or next month, right? I mean it is obviously not today.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'd rather it be in November. One big final Smash direct before the game's release next month. 1-3 more characters announced, the hidden mode revealed, and smaller announcements, like perhaps mod support or stage builder or anything. It's mainly been about characters, items, stages, and songs, but there's much more to Smash than that. I hope they go into further detail on them.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
They're not gonna.
We've already had five Nintendo Directs, they deserve a break. This is why I got so ****ed off (more people should censor themselves on the Internet) when they announced Isabelle on an already meh-worthy Direct.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I say late October or mid November.

I'd rather it be in November. One big final Smash direct before the game's release next month. 1-3 more characters announced, the hidden mode revealed, and smaller announcements, like perhaps mod support or stage builder or anything. It's mainly been about characters, items, stages, and songs, but there's much more to Smash than that. I hope they go into further detail on them.
I can almost guarantee that there will be no mod support.
They're not gonna.
We've already had five Nintendo Directs, they deserve a break. This is why I got so ****ed off (more people should censor themselves on the Internet) when they announced Isabelle on an already meh-worthy Direct.
Well, get the meh stuff out of the way.

Cithara

Smash Rookie
They're not gonna.
I agree, but they do it at separate times and have a break. Plus, there are so many games coming out soon we know barely anything about. Like the new pokemon comes out in a month, and we don't know much about it at all. So I think they might do a Pokemon Lets Go Eevee/Pickachu direct, and possibly reveal a Pokemon (probably Incineroar) for Smash at the end. I just want a Pokemon Direct at least.

I know, it's mainly just wishful thinking on my part. I...

I just want my Hooded Robin, you know? :crying:
I just want Waluigi. My boy deserves that spot.

They're not gonna.
Plus I think the last Direct was pretty good. We got new Animal Crossing, Isabelle for Smash, new games, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and much more.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I wanna say there's gonna be one this month, but it might be next month. It would make sense. June showed off the full, proper reveal of the game. Fast forward two months, there's a Smash Direct. Now we're two months ahead of that Smash Direct, with two more months to go before Smash actually releases. It would make sense to have one this month to keep the 'two months apart' trend going, but November is closer to the release so that makes sense too.

If I had to choose, I'd go for November as it's closer to release, and will help build up hype for the actual release.

They're not gonna.
Speak for yourself, I loved the Direct. :p

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'm not sure how allowed speculation threads are, but I gotta say they can't go over a month without another announcement.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've been saying November 7th for the final direct for awhile now. I'm sticking to it.

It's in the middle of the week. It's exactly one month before the game releases. And it doesn't share a date with any major videogame release.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I think there's gona be 2 more directs, or at least some form of announcements (one being a full smash direct for sure). I'm hoping for one announcement in Oct, and then one more a week or so before release (that one being the big smash reveal direct with all the leftover goodies). I feel like its time we got some bigger announcements soon. Waiting for November seems like a really long break.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
They're not gonna.
They need to.
They haven't explained online yet and also haven't revealed that hidden mode that was presented in the August Direct. One final direct between october and november doesn't sound unreasonable.

And you got miffed at Isabelle's announcement? Ok then, slow down over there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As someone else said in this thread, I to am expecting a direct this month. Since we had one two months ago, it would only make sense to have another one this month. But who knows, there may be one next month. Only time will tell.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reasons I think it'd be wise to have it this month is the very following.

1. Pokemon Lets Go is coming out next month so Smash shouldn't take away the attention
2. November is a terrible time for leaks. Don't you remember what happened with Brawl and Sm4sh before their release? The entire roster for those got leaked before their releases. You would honestly think that Sakurai and Nintendo would had learned from that...
3. Seems to be a pattern seemingly. June>August>October>December.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Only if Bandana Waddle Dee gets revealed will I say that the next direct was better than the March one.
But seriously the March direct was pure gold.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Reasons I think it'd be wise to have it this month is the very following.

1. Pokemon Lets Go is coming out next month so Smash shouldn't take away the attention
2. November is a terrible time for leaks. Don't you remember what happened with Brawl and Sm4sh before their release? The entire roster for those got leaked before their releases. You would honestly think that Sakurai and Nintendo would had learned from that...
3. Seems to be a pattern seemingly. June>August>October>December.
The first two are really good points. As for the third one, well, after the music theory, I think it's best if we don't speculate patterns. Most of the time they're merely coincidences.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
hoping to at least get a unique character to talk about this month

DongleDude

Smash Rookie
It’d be a #Epic #Gamer moment if it was on the 18th (even tho I don’t know why it would be that date specifically) cause my Smash group meets up every Thursday and it’s also a half day for school.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
They're not gonna.
A direct that announces both Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing is FAR from "meh" in my book. Also I like that Isabelle is in Smash! She's an awesome addition to the roster IMO. Now had we got neither LM3 or AC then yeah that direct would've been terrible. But I'm glad we don't live in that reality.

Arthur97

Smash Master
A direct that announces both Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing is FAR from "meh" in my book. Also I like that Isabelle is in Smash! She's an awesome addition to the roster IMO. Now had we got neither LM3 or AC then yeah that direct would've been terrible. But I'm glad we don't live in that reality.
I mean, her trailer was still kind of boring compared to the others. Even if you like her, that was probably the worst trailer of the lot.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I mean, her trailer was still kind of boring compared to the others. Even if you like her, that was probably the worst trailer of the lot.
I agree with this. But I can't see how you could possibly make a character trailer for Isabelle "epic" or "funny".

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Apparently. My guess is there trying to make it worth wild for the smash game maybe trying to feature new comers or stages to the mix. But November 1st would be my guess to the day the direct lunches.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Probably, honestly. Considering the game comes out in the beginning of December, a late November direct seems like a great idea. It would be just like the 50 facts extravaganza of Sm4sh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Probably, honestly. Considering the game comes out in the beginning of December, a late November direct seems like a great idea. It would be just like the 50 facts extravaganza of Sm4sh.
And risk the entire roster being leaked like Brawl and Sm4sh had? Nah I think late October or early November maybe the best route to reveal the rest of the characters.

Why would Sakurai and Nintendo risk that happening again? You'd think they would learn no?

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yeah but it can't be too late. Because you're opening yourself up to leaks through review copies, esrb leaks, datamines (if Nintendo decides to pre-load), etc.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I voted for November for a Smash Direct since the game will be out in December

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am geussing before nov 2nd when the smash edition switch is released.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I am geussing before nov 2nd when the smash edition switch is released.
I still think it's gonna be on Nov. 2nd and the direct is gonna end with "The bundle, GCN controller/adaptor, and Smash pro controller launch in stores today AND the game will be available to pre-load on the eshop OR the test Smash will be available to download after the presentation"

This is my theory I've had since the last direct, my gut is telling me that's what is gonna happen.

Phobos_Anomaly

Smash Cadet
A smash direct for mid-to-late October would fit well, with an unexpected Smash reveal for a character or whatever somewhere in a regular Nintendo direct that would happen in November. Guess time will only tell.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this. But I can't see how you could possibly make a character trailer for Isabelle "epic" or "funny".
I totally get where they are coming from. They honestly should've made Isabelle more bad*** and put some explosions here and there. Maybe have her kill someone to keep the dark tone the other trailers have. So basically make it completely unfaithful to the Animal Crossing series is what they should've done.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I totally get where they are coming from. They honestly should've made Isabelle more bad*** and put some explosions here and there. Maybe have her kill someone to keep the dark tone the other trailers have. So basically make it completely unfaithful to the Animal Crossing series is what they should've done.
You can be entertaining without being "epic."

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
You can be entertaining without being "epic."
You can, but as someone who's played the AC series before, I can say they captured the spirit of the series perfectly in that trailer. It was clearly designed to keep the viewer guessing if it was a new AC game or a smash reveal. So that's pretty entertaining. That's what made it so fun to watch. I can see why people may find it boring compared to the other trailers but I can't imagine any fan of AC being less than thrilled with that trailer overall.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I still think it's gonna be on Nov. 2nd and the direct is gonna end with "The bundle, GCN controller/adaptor, and Smash pro controller launch in stores today AND the game will be available to pre-load on the eshop OR the test Smash will be available to download after the presentation"

This is my theory I've had since the last direct, my gut is telling me that's what is gonna happen.
I am also hoping that there is a design on the back of the switch console they just could not show due to spoilers. God that thing is plain otherwise

JadeRock 5599

Smash Cadet
Robin like reveal this month and all out in November.

Or smash this month so they can prep every one for other holdiday releases in November.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
If we get something this month, it would a Robin/Shulk esque single character reveal. I'm feeling the final pre-launch Smash direct around Nov. 8th.

Top Bottom