• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Connect Launched on Smashboards

Today Smashboards is launching a new medium for interacting with your fellow smashers: Smash Connect. In addition to talented players the Smash community is filled with talented artists and technically proficient individuals. Until this point there has not been an easily accessible method for these creative people to promote their work. Smash Connect now offers various sections that allow this.

Art & Designs: For those who design artwork for icons, shirts, and more! This section is primarily for original work by the artist. This will primarily be a section for established shops to promote themselves. A verified shop or website through a medium such as Etsy is required for promoting artwork that involves copyrighted and/or non-original IP.

Customization Services: For those who tinker with hardware. Do you want your controller modified to better suit your needs? Do you want to have your console custom designed? This section allows for those opportunities; no verified shop is required however actual modding of consoles, installation of burned discs, and other illegal modifications are strictly banned.

Fundraisers & Donation Drives: The Smash community has been a long-time, tight-knit grassroots community. With reliable online play being a relatively newfound phenomenon in the Smash community and local events still being the predominant mode of play, the bonds between local smashers is a strong one with deep-rooted friendships. When friends fall on hard times or when they wish to help one another donation drives are one method we connect together. Smashboards supports these endevours and they will be approved provided a valid donation link is presented.

Game Codes, Giveaways & Misc: If you have one-time use codes available for sale or trade, this is the place for that! If you want to run a giveaway, this is the place for that as well! Generally any types of sales and services that are not covered by the categories above and are legal.

Smash Connect will allow you a brand new way to use Smashboards and engage with your fellow community members. Content creators will be able to become verified with enough positive feedback and thread creation will require moderator approval in order to protect users against bad sellers. Please take caution however as all transactions are independent of Smashboards' jurisdiction.

A. "Xiivi" Brando Corsaro

Comments

I was excited at first but then I read this:

This will primarily be a section for established shops to promote themselves. A verified shop or website through a medium such as Etsy is required for promoting artwork that involves copyrighted and/or non-original IP.
And that made me a saaaaaad panda... :c

Ah so the arts and design section it's specifically geared towards commision work. I'm more of a draw for fun/ocassionally takes commisions when feeling like it guy without any verified store online so woops. I'll back off for now.

Edit: Just got clarified this isn't necessarily the case, look at the post below mine.

Last edited:
I was excited at first but then I read this:

And that made me a saaaaaad panda... :c
Ah so the arts and design section it's specifically geared towards commision work. I'm more of a draw for fun/ocassionally takes commisions when feeling like it guy without any verified store online so woops. I'll back off for now.
Something as simple as a WordPress or DeviantArt site where you take commissions is acceptable; "verified shop" is a loose term here.

Something as simple as a WordPress or DeviantArt site where you take commissions is acceptable; "verified shop" is a loose term here.
Ah, OK. I don't take comissions just yet, but it's something I have been sort of building towards lately. So I'll keep this place in mind, since a lot of my work will most likely be Smash/Nintendo characters.

Thanks so much for the clarification! I'll keep that in mind if I get more active in making business outta my art in the future c:

This is pretty awesome. I'm definitely going to hop on the bandwagon for the Art & Designs section. I need to figure out how I can link my Teespring shop with this though (Or find a better way to sell shirts).

Top Bottom