• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash community in the Toledo, OH area

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
Are there any weeklies or anything in the Toledo area? Would prefer either Smash 4 or Melee.

kippty

Smash Cadet
Is it just Melee? or smash 4 as well?
I'm from toledo, we'll Holland, but it's basically Toledo. I'd be interested in doing weeklies since what little Smash scene we had here dry up many moons ago

Syco

Smash Rookie
NNID
Watevr
I live in Toledo. The next tournament is on Dec 5 at the Seagate station.
There is a smashboards page talking about it.

Last edited:

kippty

Smash Cadet
This is in regard to all people that have posted in this topic....

I know there is a Smash 4 Tourney happening at the Glass City comic con this December 5.

I feel like this is fantastic, but what happens after? I don't feel that we should have to wait an unknown amount of time for another Smash get-together or that we should have to wait for only scattered tournaments here and there.

But I also feel that nothing is going to change until we do something about it. Maybe I'm wrong, but if there is about 5-8 of us in here with an interest in reviving the Smash community in the NWOH area then there's bound to be more of us. I know there used to be a small scene around the time brawl first came out, but eventually died out.

I'm not really sure how one starts a Smash 4 community, but if we put our heads together, we should make something work. Maybe we could start bi-weeklies at a neutral location or something even if it's just a someone's house. How does everyone feel about this? Is this something you guys would be interested in?

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
I would be up for helping to start a Smash 4 community. I'm new to the area so I really don't know of a place we can play at, but I have a tv, Wii U, controllers, etc, that we can used and I'll be more than enough willing to help run it. Also, I've recently been thinking about picking up a capture card so streaming could be a possibility

Syco

Smash Rookie
NNID
Watevr
Yeah it would be cool if there were biweeklies or at least monthlies and smashfests.

kippty

Smash Cadet
I would be up for helping to start a Smash 4 community. I'm new to the area so I really don't know of a place we can play at, but I have a tv, Wii U, controllers, etc, that we can used and I'll be more than enough willing to help run it. Also, I've recently been thinking about picking up a capture card so streaming could be a possibility
I was actually thinking the same thing. It might be easier for us to set something up at our houses (depending on how comfortable people feel about that. I have no problem with that). That way we don't have to spend money on a venue every week/month/whatever. I have a TV, Wii U, and my own controller, but if people are interested, I would buy more controllers. I'm also interested in buying a capture card, but money is tight now. We could even do my house one week, someone else's house another week, etc.

Omw to work now (no signal unfortunately), but I'm definitely interested in getting trying to revive the Smash community here or at the very least have a few fun matches with some people close by. Def. watching this thread.

MrMag

Smash Rookie
NNID
EvilMag
I do run a facebook group for NWOH Smash 4 but due to rules on these forums I can't link it. (I think...)

Just search NWOH Smash 4 on FB.

Last edited:

kippty

Smash Cadet
I do run a facebook group for NWOH Smash 4 but due to rules on these forums I can't link it. (I think...)

do you guys do any weeklies or by weekly friendlies or tournaments or anything like that?

kippty

Smash Cadet

Sorry for all the posts, just one more question before my nap. Do you guys have a venue you play at?

MrMag

Smash Rookie
NNID
EvilMag
We don't have any yet. Someone is trying to set something up at UT I believe.

Chromidorr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chromidorr
I live in Toledo and have a capture card, Wii U, GC controller adapter, a few controllers, and even some good microphones if needed, so if anyone is trying to get a scene started I would be more than happy to help. I need more exciting things to do in this frickin city.

Last edited:

kippty

Smash Cadet
I live in Toledo and have a capture card, Wii U, GC controller adapter, a few controllers, and even some good microphones if needed, so if anyone is trying to get a scene started I would be more than happy to help. I need more exciting things to do in this frickin city.
Me and a group of guys are trying to get increase the Smash 4 competitive scene around NWOH. I'm not sure how to link Facebook groups to Smashboards, but just type NWOH Smash 4 in the search bar of FB and you'll find us.

Top Bottom