• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Community and Female Robin

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
I generally find Male Robin cooler myself. It's not the only or even main reason I use him, but it's there.

Plus, Female Robin's a jerk. Like, crossing the line jerk. Falco has attitude, Female Robin is a jerk.
Precisely. Seriously, she asks Lucina how can she protect Chrom if she can’t protect herself, yet with a running speed like that, Robin probably couldn’t even get to Chrom in time.

At least male Robin says he hopes he didn’t hurt Lucina. Jeez.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I much prefer Male Robin. Overall, I tend to lean more towards male characters. A lot of it has to do with me largely preferring to play as characters that I can somewhat relate to, which is obviously easier when I share the same sex with them. This applies even more when it comes to avatar characters, as they’re kind of literally supposed to be you.

There are some exceptions, of course. I love playing as Zelda, Rosalina, the female Inklings, etc., as well as genderless characters, like Plant and Ridley. The best comparison though, is Corrin. I love both Corrin designs, but female Corrin is just so much better. Her hair is just beautiful, and the outfit looks dope as hell on a female. And, personality wise, male Corrin is about the dullest character you could imagine. It’s like they took the most boring parts of Robin and Chrom, and made the perfect one dimensional avatar character. I choose female Corrin 99% of the time.

With that being said, I really do believe that male Robin has the better design. I like his hair more, his voice, I feel that the outfit looks more fitting. Male Robin just feels right. And given that I played as a male in Awakening in all six of my playthroughs, (I ****ing love Awakening) I have a much stronger connection to male Robin.

The sad part is...I’m trash with Robin, so it doesn’t really matter either way. Maybe one day I’ll give him the justice that I’ve always wanted to.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Male Robin has the green alt. The green alt references Mark from FE7.
Male Robin > Female Robin.

Now, if Female Robin had a black Soren skin, it may be more debatable.

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
Male Robin has the green alt. The green alt references Mark from FE7.
Male Robin > Female Robin.

Now, if Female Robin had a black Soren skin, it may be more debatable.
Do not forget the Mythical Weed Wizard.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Sigh, another tier list that used Female Robin over Male Robin. Why? Just why?

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
ClEaRlY fEmAlE rObIn Is SuPeRiOr
As you can tell by the caps to lower, I’m kidding. People just have a case of over-exerted waifuism. Especially the Smash fans. Who haven’t played their characters games. Unless you’re a Wii Fit main. Whether you have actually ever touched Wii Fit Trainer or not, make your decision based on their faces. The male one has seen better days.
If you use male Wii Fit I respect you because you’re one of five people who do.

CrimsonAvenger

Smash Rookie
I used Female Robin in Smash 4 only for the Red color (My handle is Crimson) and for the Red Robin jokes.
But they changed Red Robin's hair from Red to Blonde in Ultimate AND you now have to re-select your color after every match!!!
So, now I just use the default male robin because changing color each turn is just a stupid pain in the butt.

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
I used Female Robin in Smash 4 only for the Red color (My handle is Crimson) and for the Red Robin jokes.
But they changed Red Robin's hair from Red to Blonde in Ultimate AND you now have to re-select your color after every match!!!
So, now I just use the default male robin because changing color each turn is just a stupid pain in the butt.
Why did they change the Robins' hair? And why do we need to reselect the color at the beginning? Both of these changes are stupid. A character who needs a hair color change is someone like Palu or Marth/Roy. Well, actually Marth and Roy don't need it. That's just a want. But Palu does.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Why did they change the Robins' hair? And why do we need to reselect the color at the beginning? Both of these changes are stupid. A character who needs a hair color change is someone like Palu or Marth/Roy. Well, actually Marth and Roy don't need it. That's just a want. But Palu does.
Actually, I'd say Chrom to maybe match some of the male Shepherds like Lucina does for some of the female Shepherds.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I tried watching some pro play, but it really grates me how they put Female Robin on the thumbnail if she was used once and Male Robin used for every other match. The bias here is astounding.

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
Its the exact same thing for Corrin. The male renditions of Robin and Corrin are still very feminine in comparison to Chrom or Marth. I tend to pick the female version of everything, but i cringe when i forget to move Robin or Corrin off of the male default. Corrin is like 3 times worse, but male just doesn't seem to fit either character. I don't share this sentiment with Marth and Lucina though. I'd prefer Luci but i would play both if they were just skin choices of Marth.

As for the FE fans - I played through both games as male. The reason for this is that the game puts you in relationship/marriage scenarios and they don't allow for same sex marriage (or i'd play female in those as well). This is literally a waifu effect.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Its the exact same thing for Corrin. The male renditions of Robin and Corrin are still very feminine in comparison to Chrom or Marth. I tend to pick the female version of everything, but i cringe when i forget to move Robin or Corrin off of the male default. Corrin is like 3 times worse, but male just doesn't seem to fit either character. I don't share this sentiment with Marth and Lucina though. I'd prefer Luci but i would play both if they were just skin choices of Marth.

As for the FE fans - I played through both games as male. The reason for this is that the game puts you in relationship/marriage scenarios and they don't allow for same sex marriage (or i'd play female in those as well). This is literally a waifu effect.
How does Male Robin look feminine exactly?He probably looks more masculine than Melee Marth.

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
How does Male Robin look feminine exactly?He probably looks more masculine than Melee Marth.
Not sure how to explain that to you since its just my lens. Robin and Corrin are both intentionally characters that can be played as either sex, so they don't lean hard in either direction. This is in contrast to the wealth of FE characters that are further to either end of the spectrum. FE is basically an anime so there are ultra feminine princess peach characters and very masculine characters (Chrom would be one of them). From that perspective, male Robin is one of the more feminine male characters in that game. Corrin is actually more of a badass fighter character type than Robin, but the male character model is just bleh.

Like i said, I still played both as male in FE, and I do think male Robin is a lot better than male Corrin. I actually get surprised that anybody ever picks male Corrin. Male Robin is not surprising, but definitely not as popular as female.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Not sure how to explain that to you since its just my lens. Robin and Corrin are both intentionally characters that can be played as either sex, so they don't lean hard in either direction. This is in contrast to the wealth of FE characters that are further to either end of the spectrum. FE is basically an anime so there are ultra feminine princess peach characters and very masculine characters (Chrom would be one of them). From that perspective, male Robin is one of the more feminine male characters in that game. Corrin is actually more of a badass fighter character type than Robin, but the male character model is just bleh.

Like i said, I still played both as male in FE, and I do think male Robin is a lot better than male Corrin. I actually get surprised that anybody ever picks male Corrin. Male Robin is not surprising, but definitely not as popular as female.
I think Male Robin is masculine enough. Not every guy is going to have bulging muscles.

And that's a conundrum, as typically Male Robin is more popular amongst people who actually know more than the most superficial things about them.

Top Bottom