• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe Smash Club Munich (140/150)

Smash Club Munich (140/150)
E-Sport Club München & Healthbar
Friday, January 8, 2016 - 02:00 PM
Until: Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/Athens)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/Athens

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
NNID
Budget_Player
Thanks to Vellocet for the banner. :)

Three Days of Smash in the Munich E-Sport Club. The biggest Smash WiiU Tournament in Germany to date.

Dates

08.01.2016-10.01.2016

Opens Friday: 14:00
Closes Sunday: 20:00
Preliminary Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A6N61cBxX6xVUP7GHf1p-1UUX2-fXHiLJZ29Oma_Mbk/edit?usp=sharing

Events:
Super Smash Bros WiiU Singles
Super Smash Bros WiiU Doubles
Super Smash Bros WiiU Character Auction Tournament
(DE vs. FR/NL/GB/whatever Crew Battle?)

Location and Transit

E-Sports Club München in Baldham

Photos of the location can be found on the facebook page.

The location is about 10 minutes (5 if you're in a big hurry) from the train station "Baldham" on the S4 line in Munich.
There is tons of parking directly in front of the location.

At the location, we have:
  • A stream setup
  • A cinema (no, seriously, a freakin' cinema) for watching stream matches and chilling out
  • A bunch of nice gaming chairs and headsets
  • 25 monitors provided by our friends at ESCM - half of what I want
  • Hype. Just... Hype.
Check out this awesome 3D panorama tour of the location!

Pricing

Location fee: 15€ (low numbers of entrants may lead to an increase)
Singles: 10€
Doubles: 7,50€ per player (15€ per team)
Team Auction Turnier: varies (see "rules")

Payout (singles and teams):
  1. 50%
  2. 25%
  3. 15%
  4. 5%
  5. 2.5%
Payout (Team Auction Turnier):
  1. 100%
At the moment, people will pay at the location.

Equipment

TVs: 31/50
WiiUs: 18/50
GCC Adapter: 14/50

There is a 6€ rebate on the entry fee if you bring a full setup!

Housing, Food, and Sleeping

You can sleep at the location on the floor. I recommend bringing an air mattress or yoga mat or something to sleep on. The floor is fairly soft carpet, though, so that's nice. :) Unfortunately, there is no public shower.

If the ground is too uncomfortable for you, ESCM has a partnership with a nearby hotel for lowered prices; it's around 25€ per person per night last I checked; please ask early!

There's a restaurant directly attached to the location that will be open and serving hot food and drinks all weekend long as well as a nearby Kebab shop. Beyond that, there are supermarkets within short driving distance, McDonalds within reasonable walking distance, and local delivery services.

I can house around 10 people on the previous thursday and the following monday, for people coming from outside who don't have a good connection on friday/sunday.

Ruleset

The precise ruleset... is in German. Here are the most notable parts:
  • Miis will be allowed with all specials and all sizes. If you intend to use a non-default size, PLEASE PM ME SO THAT WE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET IT ON ALL THE WIIUS BEFOREHAND! If you have a 3DS, that's fine too, but you NEED to PM me if you don't!
  • Palutena will be allowed with all of her customs. All other customs are banned.
  • 3 stocks, 9 minutes, team attack on
  • Starter:
    Ω Palutena's Temple (or agree to another one with your opponent)
    Smashville
    Battlefield
    Lylat Cruise
    Town & City
    Castle Siege
    Delfino Plaza
    Duck Hunt
    Dream Land 64
    Peach's Castle 64
    Wuhu Island
  • Two stage bans
  • Bo5 starting in WFS/LQF
  • 122221 stage striking
  • Standard DSR
  • Stage agree: any stage, with a "don't make us look stupid" clause (i.e. if you try to play grand finals on-stream on Palutena's Temple, we're gonna have a problem)
  • Anything else can be expected to be "tournament standard" or close to it (bowser suicide clause, set order, rules about not pressing the start button...)

On the subject of the Character Auction Tournament:
16 times, we're gonna pull a character's name out of a hat. We'll name one attribute of that character, then players will bid in 1€-steps on that character. The higher the bid, the more details we will offer. For example:

At 0€: "It's a heavyweight"
At 5€: "Not a fencer"
At 10€: "Armored"
At 15€: "Multijumper"
At 20€: "Not known for recovery problems
(At this point, you should know who we're talking about ;) )

As soon as the 16 characters are sold, those 16 players land in a single elimination bracket seeded according to amount paid. Winner takes all.

Signups

The list of signups will be maintained and can be found here. "Sucht nach teampartner" = "Looking for teammate". Currently at 140/150. Currently 10 spaces reserved for "out of country" players.

Final Words
  • If you bring equipment, mark it! A marking that can't be seen at first glance or is hard to remove is a guaranteed way to identify your equipment.
  • We need power strips.
  • Please bring exact change! Or at least close to it. We don't have infinite amounts of change here, and if you try to pay with a 100€ bill or larger, we probably won't be able to help you out.
  • Matches that are called will be played without delay! Anyone who is MIA (i.e. has not spoken to ME explicitly about their absence) will lose their match. 5 minutes first round, 10 minutes the set. No excuses. Be there.
  • Removing or swapping the plugs on WiiUs, Adapters, TVs, or the like is strictly forbidden! WE WILL THROW YOU OUT IF YOU DO THIS WITHOUT CONSULTING US! Talk to me or some other member of the staff before moving any equipment!

Yikarur

Smash Master
Everyone should post this tournament in their respective countries communication groups. I want to see lots of OoS Players on this one !

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Sounds really interesting but unfortunately, I'm hosting a tournament on the same weekend so I guess it's a no go for pretty much all finns.

Thumbs up for Wuhu and Peach Castle...!

Vellocet

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vellocet
3DS FC
4699-7805-1419
So since Budget Player Cadet had a mental breakdown or something like that he dropped the hosting part for this tournament.
The tournament it self however will still take place.
If any one still wants to sign up, there is a new thread on the German board:
https://www.smashlabs.de/thread/5231-smash-club-münchen-8-01-10-01-anmeldung-offen-98-150-confirm-e-mails-benötigt/?pageNo=1
There also have been some changes regarding the ruleset.
Palutena costum will no longer be avaiable as well as unregular Mii sizes, wuhu island and peachs castle have also been cut.
Character auction also wont happen.

The entire thing will get streamed on
twitch.tv/smash_circle

If there are any questions left feel free to post them in this thread or contact me.

Last edited:

BlueX2

Smash Rookie
Hello Guys :)
My Name is Andreas (BlueX2) and i'am the new leader of Smash Club Munich which takes place on 8.01.2016 - 10.01.2016 in the E-Sports Club Baldham (Munich) This may be the biggest Smash 4 Tournament in Germany. Up to 150 Entrys are allowed and the SignUps are still open. If you want to join or are interested, feel free to contact me here or via. E-Mail SCMBlueX2@gmx.de
With the new leadership, there will be a new Ruleset which is back to a normal European standard. The new ruleset in shortform:
Starter Stages: Smashville, Town and City, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise and Omega Palutenas Temple
Counterpick Stages: Duckhunt, Delfino Plaza, Dreamland 64, Castle Siege
NO MORE WUHU ISLAND AND NO MORE PEACHES CASTLE64
2 Bans in all Best Of 3 Sets and 1 Ban in Finals (Best of 5 Sets)
Other important things that changed:
- Mii Fighter Size is only allowed on default. For the rest is no limitation
- Custom Palutena is not allowed

Nearly all German Top Players like Cyve, Sodrek, Long0uw, Eddy, maybe Light and much more are waiting for you. :)

Prices for Location and Tournaments
Location Fee: 20€ (you can stay over night there. Just bring your own sleeping things)
Smash 4 Singles: 10€
Smash 4 Teams: 7,50€ (15€ per Team)
Brawl: 2€
Some sideevents are planned
There will be Trophys as well.
Nintendo also sponsores some good prices for the winners :)

Shedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EA-2F6dWn32fC3vEvfJtZqzNt_h3gnHagvZHKwUJOW8/edit#gid=0
Currently, it's only a german version, but many things tells itself
Important times in English:
Location open: Friday 14:00pm
Teams Smash 4 will start Friday evening 19:00pm (Sign Ups until 18:30pm)
Singles Smash 4 will start Saturday 12:00am (Sign Ups until 11:00am)
Brawlevent will start at Friday and takes over Friday and Saturday besides from Smash 4 Events.
Location closes: Sunday 8:00pm
Make sure you are early enough there that you dont miss the signups.

We would be pleased, when someone is now interested and want to join. Feel free to contact me here via private message or preferred via E-Mail: SCMBlueX2@gmx.de
If you don't have a car, https://www.flixbus.com/ is maybe a good and cheap way for your travel.

Kind regards BlueX2

PS: The location is of course still the same: Here you get an good impression: https://www.google.de/maps/@48.1050...znzsEXy2Ts0AAAQo8Y1QCQ!2e0!3e2!7i13312!8i6656

Link to original Thread (German): https://www.smashlabs.de/thread/5231-smash-club-münchen-8-01-10-01-anmeldung-offen-105-150-confirm-e-mails-benötigt/?pageNo=1

Last edited:
Top Bottom