• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ Clarendon 5/23/14 Results

Nintendude

Smash Hero

Smash @ Clarendon
Results Thread
May 23, 2014

Arlington, VA

Original Thread

What an awesome event! We had 72 entrants for Melee which far surpassed our previous tournament. This time around, if you included your college affiliation on the registration form I put your college in your tag. The purpose of this was so that I could easily seed you guys apart from each other, and also so you guys can connect in the area to strengthen your local college scenes. I excluded the tag if you don't attend a local school.

Huge shoutouts to DC ESports for doing a lot of the behind the scenes work for this event, including running the stream. Be sure to follow these guys on Twitter, follow on Twitch, and like their Facebook page. Also be sure to join the DMV Melee Facebook group, home of the DC area Smash scene!

The next tournament is June 6!

By the way, Flash: CTL accidentally took your controller. We'll return it to you as soon as we can. Also, shoutouts to Wenbo sounding like Wumbo resulting in Wenbo playing the wrong opponent on stream round 1.

Smash @ Clarendon 5/23/14
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Chu Dat
$180.00
2nd
DoH
$72.00
3rd
Crs.Chillin
$50.40
4th
DP
$32.40
5th
Wenbobular
$12.60
5th
Vist
$12.60
7th
Lock
7th
Laijin
9th
UMBC | Phatcat
9th
UMCP | emoDinosaur
9th
Boss
9th
UMCP | Mike Melee
13th
UMCP | Peanutphobia
13th
ZM
13th
Fortissimis
13th
Cava
17th
UMCP | tdude51
17th
Scoopy
17th
Wife (forfeit in Losers)
17th
Warrior
17th
GMU | firewater
17th
baker
17th
CTL
17th
StitchFace
25th
VCU | Tunak
25th
JustBlameHax
25th
traplord
25th
W&M | Seraph
25th
nookrulz
25th
MC David
25th
UMCP | KVN
25th
Jimmy Porta
33rd
Radford | DCE Flash
33rd
Frank
33rd
DCE | Baby
33rd
Dad
33rd
tekkenz
33rd
Sluggo
33rd
Lvl100 Potato
33rd
GMU | Darklite
33rd
GMU | OTEB
33rd
AA-J
33rd
TallTee
33rd
ARisingShadow
33rd
W&M | Starline
33rd
UMCP | Rush
33rd
UVA | Casper
33rd
LKAN
49th
John Nann
49th
ODU | Lightning
49th
Steveo
49th
Supahman120
49th
Siggy
49th
Hey Ya
49th
Kevina
49th
MakeGoodChoices
49th
Duran
49th
BeedeRules
49th
GWU | N8Wolf
49th
DCE | Lanimal
49th
JSamurai27
49th
Hozaye
49th
V Nam
49th
Hofflord
65th
Wumbo
65th
MagicMarkerz
65th
CDawg
65th
Dalai
65th
decadedizzle
65th
UKE
65th
byrdi3
65th
Papi

[collapse="Past Results"]
4/25/14 (46 entrants)
1. ChuDat
2. DoH
3. Husband
4. Smash G0D
5. Zeron
5. Lock
[/collapse]

Last edited:

CTL17

Smash Lord
I have decided alcohol makes me play better, but makes me pursue horrendous strategical decisions.

nookrulz

Smash Ace
My first tournament in... 7 years? 8 years? Got there too late to enter last month.

Fun tournament! Did way better than I was expecting haha, think the bracket worked out well for me. Great to see all those people coming to their first-ever tournament.

Shoutouts are still in vogue, right?

Shoutouts to:
-Nintendude for TOing and organizing these biweeklies
-Wife and Scoopy for not 4stocking me
-CDawg, reallly close series. Hope to see you next time
-Flash, that edgeguard I got to finish it was so lucky
-Chillin, good catchin up
-Casper I think? thanks for the warmups
-My cheering section, thanks for coming out, i never could have done it without you

dkuo

Smash Lord
'dad' is a great tag

and nice showing umd :)
boss dropping r2 made a big impact on the results lol

Last edited:

tjgeorgen

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjgeorgen
3DS FC
1177-8358-6055
and nice showing umd :)
boss dropping r2 made a big impact on the results lol
yep ~_~

Had a great time despite placing worse than I would've liked. Hoping this is a start of a summer full of smash and improvement. Shoutouts to Nintendude for running a great tournament and DC Esports LANs for a great stream. Commentator cam next time? (Says the guy who didn't have on at Shell Shocked, heheh... ^^") Wish I could've finished out Grand Finals. Also shoutouts to Hard Times for the delicious chili mac and coney dogs. I think I'm still full.

EDIT: Also shoutouts to Mike Melee for the upset. Even if I did have to play Boss you deserve some good credit for that! I could see how your playstyle was a very good counter. CP did great overall, I think the standings show the progress we've made from our fests.

Last edited:

emoDinosaur

Smash Rookie
Great tourney, well run (the microphone helped a lot). Needed more setups, maybe more space? It was getting close to full capacity for that room. Overall good atmosphere and really enjoyable.

Shoutouts to CP for representing!

Also, Nintendude, "phatcat" goes to UMBC but he plays frequently with us at CP (and has joined our gym).

FirewaterDM

Smash Apprentice
I really enjoyed the tourney, thanks for having it. Shoutouts for everyone that I played in bracket, friendlies and the PM doubles games that went on during the tourney. Other than the space, it felt really too small to have everything in, the venue and everything was great.

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to everyone for coming out and continuing to support. I've been really busy this weekend, but hopefully tomorrow night I'll be able to cut the videos and upload VoDs to YouTube!

Had a great time despite placing worse than I would've liked. Hoping this is a start of a summer full of smash and improvement. Shoutouts to Nintendude for running a great tournament and DC Esports LANs for a great stream. Commentator cam next time? (Says the guy who didn't have on at Shell Shocked, heheh... ^^") Wish I could've finished out Grand Finals. Also shoutouts to Hard Times for the delicious chili mac and coney dogs. I think I'm still full.
We'd love to have you on the mic as much as you want! For the commentator cam, I'm going to need to play around more with my stream configuration. The reason I couldn't get the third webcam working is due to hardware limitations on my laptop, each USB port can only handle so much data bandwidth. I've got 2 webcams through a hub on one, the audio mixer on another, and the cap card on the last USB port. I'm going to try adding the commentator cam on a hub with the capture card or the audio mixer and see if I can get them all working without risking quality from either component..

Great tourney, well run (the microphone helped a lot). Needed more setups, maybe more space? It was getting close to full capacity for that room. Overall good atmosphere and really enjoyable.
As far as more space, we'll grab that little hallway on the opposite side of the bathrooms with tables to put a couple setups on. Unfortunately, we can't do too much more than that on Friday nights.

Top Bottom