• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Character Moveset Changes

xBlazeCubedx

Smash Rookie
Disclaimer: (This is my first time using SmashBoards, so I might be big noob at this)

With Smash Ultimate I have a lot of problems with a lot of the movesets with ultimate, especailly canon representation in smash (Looking at you Ganondork). To fix that, I would like to talk about my ideas for how I would change these movesets, but i will only explain what I want to see changed if you guys request characters. I will keep updating this tread with new moveset ideas for every requested character and don;t be afraid to critique my ideas (even if there are good) I will be going into detail with these moves, but no frame data because that would take too long. Anyway, if you have a character, request away, and if you really want, I could even make Youtube videos of my ideas, but thats a maybe. With all that said, request away my friends, and hopefully I won't disappoint you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters Changes
- Bowser - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aHlkh4baXHSJZ28SSk-iNmTu254kus8zhEb0uDpZ3nw/edit Requested by Ginga'Ninja64

Last edited:

Ginga'Ninja64

Smash Rookie
Richter.

(In all seriousness I'm curious what you would do for Bowser. I know he's not one of the top choices, but I feel like he's so close to being perfect)

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Yoshi.

Standard B: Egg Lay
Forward B: Egg Throw
Upward B: Flutter Jump
Downward B: Ground Pound

Flutter Jump animated like Birdie's Bull Horn from Street Fighter V. Egg Throw has a reticle shown as you hold B. The others are, more or less, the same.

Z-Grapple in the air is now Lick.

Yoshi will do a 1-2-3- Punch-Punch-Kick combo from his Weak Attack. His Forward strong Attack is a Roundhouse Kick, and his Dash Attack is the Power Tackle from Yoshi's Island DS.

His animations are a little aggressive and his mannerisms are more like in spinoffs like Mario Party and Super Mario Strikers.

That's what I want.

Last edited:

xBlazeCubedx

Smash Rookie
I goofed. Can I delete this post?
No don't, in fact, I like your yoshi changes as they make sense for the character, and makes use of more of his body instead of 10 kicks, and 20 tail attacks, but I do disagree with changing Up B into Flutter jump, as there is a reason as to why they did that, for balancing purposes, but I would prefer if they made Egg Roll a more better and useful move in general, if I can, can I use some of your ideas for my version of yoshi, giving you credit of course

xBlazeCubedx

Smash Rookie
Richter.

(In all seriousness I'm curious what you would do for Bowser. I know he's not one of the top choices, but I feel like he's so close to being perfect)
I could do both if you would like, and as im typing this im writing in a google doc bowsers changes currently, then I will do Richter

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
No don't, in fact, I like your yoshi changes as they make sense for the character, and makes use of more of his body instead of 10 kicks, and 20 tail attacks, but I do disagree with changing Up B into Flutter jump, as there is a reason as to why they did that, for balancing purposes, but I would prefer if they made Egg Roll a more better and useful move in general, if I can, can I use some of your ideas for my version of yoshi, giving you credit of course
Sure, go ahead.

I, personally, would get rid of Egg Roll entirely.

Ginga'Ninja64

Smash Rookie
I could do both if you would like, and as im typing this im writing in a google doc bowsers changes currently, then I will do Richter
I largely said Richter because I was trying to think of a character that would be the hardest to do as a joke lol. I guess I was thinking he'd be hard to declone. Go ahead if you want lol.

Now for Bowser. As a Bowser main and a big Mario fan, I was excited to see what you'd do with him. For starters, I've always been a fan of Fire Shot over Fire Breath. It is closer to how it works in his games. The other two specials with major changes I'm conflicted on, because as a Mario fan, the hammer and clown car make way more sense, but s a Bowser main, those are two most used specials lol. I'm also a big fan of the old drop kick forward smash. I also am not sure how the dash slash would work right as a tilt. So overall this left me very satisfied as a Mario fan but kinda disappointed as a Bowser main. Great work tho, just probably not how I'd do it

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
King K. Rool

I do not have a lot to say since I have never played him, but I do think he should be able to use one of his dirtiest, most famous most cowardly tricks --playing dead-- as a replacement down special. When timed with an enemy attack, K. Rool falls down on his front, receiving full damage. From here can use standard recovery moves, but when he recovers, he temporarily receives a major buff to all of his abilities.

Top Bottom