• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers - The Movie?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It'll probably get C&D'd, just like the ill-fated Zelda and Metroid fan films.

D

Deleted member

These comments are making my brain hurt. Apparently it's okay to insult and stifle the creativity of smash fans who want to make fun things for the rest of the fandom but lack multi-million dollar budgets.

How do you have actual people play the parts of Mario, Luigi, Peach and Ness but not Link? Baffling.
You do remember that this is a low-budget, fan-made trailer, right? The shot of Link involved him riding Epona. How much money would you be willing to donate to them so that they can find a real horse and a real actor who knows how to ride the real horse?

I agree, and their animation sucks soooo.....
Could you do any better? Come on, let's see those skills of yours.

the CGI is great, minus....that pink blob that resembles Kirby....
How exactly should a CGI Kirby look? There is no such thing as making a "realistic" Kirby. He is a pink blob. That's all he is. For a low-budget trailer, he looks fine.

But Live Action?! With Mario and Luigi and NESS?! Are you f***ing STUPID?! NO! NO! You do NOT make the Mario Bros LIVE ACTION! EVER! EVEEERRRRRR!!!!
First of all, nobody wants to read your posts when you type like you're having a little tantrum. Second of all, it obviously requires much less effort to get humans to play the human-like characters than it would to make everything computer animated. Again, this is low-budget and fan-made.

LIVE ACTION does not mix with such fantastical games!
Tell that to the blockbuster movies that mix live action with CGI. You know, like the incredibly popular Marvel films.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
Pretty nice CGI! Some parts of the trailer are really cool, some parts just don't look right. But for a fan made trailer, this is amazing. It's pretty hard to pull off what their doing. I'd like to see it. I think it'd be decent.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not bad for a fan made film. I don't believe Hollywood will have any interest in making an actual movie from Nintendo especially since that major disaster with Super Mario Bros.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
People on the internet are so ignorant. Expecting Hollywood level production from a fan-made video. Holy ****, just appreciate someone went through the trouble to entertain you for a bit, and shut up. If you think it is so bad, impress the world and do one yourself. Whoever did this is definitely talented noting that they had limited resources to work with.

D

Deleted member

C'mon guys, give it a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Nice video but why does Princess Peach always get captured? I mean, she's a fighter in the series too.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
People on the internet are so ignorant. Expecting Hollywood level production from a fan-made video. Holy ****, just appreciate someone went through the trouble to entertain you for a bit, and shut up. If you think it is so bad, impress the world and do one yourself. Whoever did this is definitely talented noting that they had limited resources to work with.
Yeah I agree, and those people have creative minds, it seems like to me that they know it's not awesome, but they wanted to put their idea to life, to get people noticing,

sometimes it feels good to get your ideas out in the public.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
It looks horrible
I'm not going to fall into the fallacy of "you do better" because that is not how criticism works. However, it would be wonderful if you followed up by saying why you think it looks horrible.

I get that a lot of effort was put into this, but that doesn't mean it's good and we should praise it. It doesn't look good at all. I understand that it's made on a low-budget, but if you don't have a budget good enough to make something appealing to the eye, don't try. The CG looks horrendous.
This is actually so true. This does not look professional by any stretch of the imagination. Of course, you don't even need a budget at all to do better, you just need to know what you are doing.

For starters, using virtually unaltered model and texture rips is unforgivable.

Last edited:

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
I don't care if this movie is the worst movie I've ever seen, It has smash bros which is enough for me to enjoy it.

Hopefully Nintendo doesn't shut this down.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Not the best, but I'm interested to see where this goes. But...why is R.O.B. one of the bad guys...again?!?!?! Unless this is going to be something like SSE, where it was an army of bad R.O.B.s with one good R.O.B.. Of course, based on the trailer, the plot of this will be completely different than that of SSE, I was just saying the R.O.B. situation may be the same.

Jupiter9099

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0748-3222-8455
I'm getting a Super Mario Bros Movie vibe out of this.

Other than that, pretty neat.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm confused. Are people thinking this is a real trailer for a real movie? The creator left a comment saying it was a fake trailer. It was just a fun project, not an actual movie. Kind of like the Angry Birds movie trailer that Rooster Teeth made?
*Or I'm an idiot and everyone knew that?
The creator commented and said they are working on making it a full movie :/

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
I am honestly shocked on how much people hating on this one video. It was fan made number one, Number two it was just a fun little trailer (that means It's not going to be a movie) and three, you Assholes need to shut the hell up and either appreciate the work put on this, or leave and think about how people feel. just because this is the internet doesn't mean you can be an ass inside the safety of your home.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Wait a minute...

people are saying this has bad CGI...
the story's probably not looking that good...
and almost everyone is overall saying that it's going to be bad if this were actually real...

hmm.......bad CG- OH F**K THIS IS THE SMASH BROS VERSION OF SHARKNADO!!!!!

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
How does one create a movie about a fighting game?

They don't. It never works out.

I'm looking at you, Mortal Kombat franchise.
I say the closest is just compiling the cutscenes of the story and just add stuff in for the in between of the cutscenes and probably make a 1hr movie at most I say

RoninX1819

Smash Rookie
Im going to start off by saying this. I like the idea of a smash based film. but smash is something you can not do in live action it just doesnt work. If they did a really good SGI or anime form it would be dueable. as it is right now. the route there taking has better options. live action could never capture or even convey anything that is nintendo. it takes away the toon feeling to the universe. and the plot defiantly needs a redo. like a sequel to sub space. idk hate me if you want but this right heres a bad idea the way there doing it.

theyellowcub

Smash Rookie
Why all the hate? Can some of those who criticise the guy for trying make anything better? I support him! Looking forward to see more :D

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The Ness Actor should be portraited by a Little kid, not by a skinny, tall, young man.

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
As much as I like how they put great effort into this trailer, I don't think a live-action version of Super Smash Bros. will ever work well. There are some characters and effects that just can't fare as well in live-action as it would in an anime/GCI aesthetic.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Not sure whether to laugh or say cool.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID