• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Bug Report:

Ulevo

Smash Master
This threads purpose is to compile a compendium of the current bugs that exist, whether they be character specific, stage specific, or bugs with system mechanics. The hope is that by having these bugs compiled in a format in one convenient location, they will be patched in further updates and be easier to test for when new patches arrive.

This thread is for bug reports only, so refrain from idle chat or spam. I will be updating the opening post periodically as bugs are reported. Please be specific as to whether the bug applies to Wii U, 3DS or both.

@Shaya If you can please sticky this, that would be appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a thread to post about balance changes or concerns.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
What qualifies as a "bug?"
Essentially anything that is not working as likely intended. Prior to 1.07, Meta Knight had a lag install bug on his Dimensional Cape where when you would use it, you would incur landing lag as you landed, but then the next time you jumped, you would incur that same lag again. Another example would the be the 1HKO bug on Wuhu Island where certain characters could down throw opponents in to the boat at a specific spot.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not exactly bugs but...

:4darkpit: 3DS: Bow floats out of his hand during his pummel, pattern on Electroshock Arm's high and low quality models don't match.

:4pit: 3DS(or Wii U?): Fthrow KO's Mario 1% later then Dark Pit's when there isn't a difference on Wii U.

Certain characters can't fastfall through platforms right after an aerial jump, and it's only characters with multiple jumps. Mechanic or error?

There's some more subjective stuff I could talk about, but they're not clearly bugs or anything like that.

カワシさん

3DS: One thing I've noticed is how sometimes when I'm grabbed and pummeled the pummel sound effect doesn't play and sometimes the player who I'm getting pummeled by is out of place and closer than normal. Maybe because of Dash>Grab?

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
R.O.B doesn't emote properly in multiplayer modes on the Wii-U version.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Not sure if its character specific but Rosalina can't autocancel Luma aerials when walking/running off or dropping through the bottom two platforms of Battlefield, 3ds and Wii U.
By this i mean using an aerial such as fair which will autocancel if performed under 6 frames before touching the ground, and Luma still attacks.

Lylat platforms share this as well but i dont remember the details. Same with the low platforms of big battlefield. Autocancel perform normally from higher up platforms.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
If there is someone out there that can do me a favor. I do not own the 3DS version, so if anyone is able to confirm or deny bugs reported for this, that would be helpful.

If I do not edit the opening post right away, it is because I am busy. I will likely opt to update the opening post all at once when I have a moment. Additionally, if players are able to provide video proof of bugs so I do not have to fact-check that would be ideal.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Not sure if its character specific but Rosalina can't autocancel Luma aerials when walking/running off or dropping through the bottom two platforms of Battlefield, 3ds and Wii U.
By this i mean using an aerial such as fair which will autocancel if performed under 6 frames before touching the ground, and Luma still attacks.

Lylat platforms share this as well but i dont remember the details. Same with the low platforms of big battlefield. Autocancel perform normally from higher up platforms.
This is a known thing for Rosalina. The game tips even suggest it. It's quite useful to protect a landing or create pressure.

カワシさん

If there is someone out there that can do me a favor. I do not own the 3DS version, so if anyone is able to confirm or deny bugs reported for this, that would be helpful.

If I do not edit the opening post right away, it is because I am busy. I will likely opt to update the opening post all at once when I have a moment. Additionally, if players are able to provide video proof of bugs so I do not have to fact-check that would be ideal.
I won't be able to video but I own the 3DS Smash, so I could try.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
This is a known thing for Rosalina. The game tips even suggest it. It's quite useful to protect a landing or create pressure.
i'm sorry i'm awful at wording things. the bug is that you CANT autocancel aerials if you walk off a platform or drop through one as rosalina.

this probably applies to other characters, such as sheik, and other platforms. i know it applies to lylat, but not the top platforms of battlefield and big battelfield.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
There's that new weird bug that came as a result of the global platform changes where pummeling someone out of a dash grab (sometimes?) at the edge of the stage causes you to clip into your opponent and not actually deal pummel damage

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
pretty sure not too many people are aware of this but there's also a bug where if sonic initiates either his side B or down B in the air and lands and stops, the next time he uses either move while still having not left the ground he won't be able to jump out of either spin attack once he jumps up.

This also makes it so he can't use his neutral B Homing Attack again if he used the move and then used side/down special while airborne. Usually once you land on the ground with Homing Attack your allowed to use the move again but if you land and stop after using Homing attack with one of those special and then reuse the same special again and jump and attempt to do homing attack the game still thinks you haven't touched the ground yet and thus you now have no 2nd jump or ability to homing attack when you should be able to.

Here is a compiled list of ways you can activate this bug That the sonic boards has put together since release.
here is also what each abbreviation is for
SDJ/SCJ - spin dash/charge jump
SDR/SCR - spin dash/charge roll
ASC/ASD - Aerial spin charge/dash
VSDJ/VSCJ vertial spin dash/charge jump

• You can't double jump out of a SDJ/SCJ that derives from an aerial SD/SC, even if you release those on the ground (i.e.: start them on the air, land and then release them). You can, however, use HA, Spring, air dodge or any aerial to get out of the SDJ/SCJ animation. Also, you can still double jump if you had it available before the ASC/ASD, but only if the SDR/SCR runs off the platform;
  • If you shield cancel an aerial SD (or shield cancel a charge jump from an aerial SD), the game will consider any following SDR/SCR to be a SDR/SCR from a ASD/ASC: you won't be able to jump out of it;
  • if you fastfall a SDJ/SCJ and land without dodging or attacking, you'll lose the ability to double jump out of any subsequent SDJ/SCJ. No matter what you do, you'll have to jump and touch the ground again in order to regain your ability to double jump out of a SDJ/SCJ that allows double-jumping;
  • I've come to the conclusion that the reason behind this SDR shenanigans is due to a certain new mechanic that I'll explain further in the next few sentences. Sonic has two stances: normal, which is, well, your usual stance and Brawl Spring Bug stance (BSBS), which is when the game makes you unable to double jump out of a SDJ/SCJ (similar to how we were unable to double jump in Brawl after a Spring jump that met certain conditions);
    • The BSBS basically means that you're standing on the ground but in a state in which the game thinks you're still in the aerial spin which came from an ASD or ASC. Therefore, any subsequent SDR/SCR you do while in this state will actually make that new, grounded SDR/SCR act like an aerial SDR/SCR (from an aerial Spin Special - SD or SC);
    • However, that is not all. Fastfalling a SDJ/SCJ and doing nothing before landing will also trigger BSBS (fastfalling from greater heights so you can actually get out of the spinning animation before landing will not trigger BSBS, though);
    • Also, if you don't have your double jump available AND enter BSBS, you won't even be able to double jump out of SD's hop;
    • To add to that, if you fastfall a SDJ/SCJ while in BSBS, you'll definitely lose your double jump (even if you had it beforehand). Yep, jumping out of a SDR/SCR off the platform or out of SD's hop is just not going to happen;
    • Some examples that end being straight up BSBS:
      • Fastfall while still spinning: SDJ/SCJ, VSDJ, SDSH;
      • ASD/ASC->land->full stop while on the ground;
      • ASD/ASC->land->SDR/SCR off the platform->land->...->full stop while on the ground (the SDR/SCR off the platform CAN be jump cancelled, but only if you had your double jump available before the ASD/ASC. However, when it touches the ground again, it's BSBS all over again);
      • SCASD (shield cancelled aerial Spin Dash);
      • SCVSDJ2AAASDTINRAIICSYCTDAVSDJ2 (shield cancelled vertical Spin Dash jump 2 after an aerial Spin Dash that is not released and is instead charged so you can then do a vertical Spin Dash jump 2);

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
Thread for reporting glitches? I think this counts as one:

:4zelda: http://smashboards.com/threads/dreamland-is-glitchy-for-zelda.406490/

"If Zelda does a grounded Up-B and travels the full length sideways, she reappears as if she'd been in the air. She should normally appear standing up, which happens with any shortened distance side travel.

The other thing is that when you're on a platform facing outwards from the stage, if you Up-B and hold down, Zelda travels down and then behind her. In any other stage she would travel down and outwards, which would effectively kill her since it leaves her offstage in special fall."

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not a major bug or even a bug and more so of an oversight, but on the Wii U, Fox's white alt's scouter lens doesn't match the portrait; the lens are supposed to be green, but it shows up as orange. Mega Man's stock icon for his black alt might be colored incorrectly too on both systems. It's supposed to be black and yellow, but the icon shows black and white.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
Not a major bug or even a bug and more so of an oversight, but on the Wii U, Fox's white alt's scouter lens doesn't match the portrait; the lens are supposed to be green, but it shows up as orange. Mega Man's stock icon for his black alt might be colored incorrectly too on both systems. It's supposed to be black and yellow, but the icon shows black and white.
I would prefer if bugs related to in game mechanics or physics were reported.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
I would prefer if bugs related to in game mechanics or physics were reported.
I think bugs like ROB's eyes not working are just as relevant as gameplay bugs, however I'm not sure this thread belongs in the competitive subforum.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I think bugs like ROB's eyes not working are just as relevant as gameplay bugs, however I'm not sure this thread belongs in the competitive subforum.
I put this thread in the competitive sub forum because it is gameplay bugs related to competitive play I am concerned about.

D

Deleted member

There's a glitch with Toon Link's tether (and probably other tethers as well) on Lylat where the tether often fails for no apparent reason, leaving him stuck in his tether animation as he falls to his death. His upbs also weren't affected by the 1.0.6. patch, and don't slope up to Lylat's ledge if it tilts as he upbs. There's also a glitch with TL's zair (and probably other zairs as well) where zairing after an airdodge causes him to still get the landing lag from an airdodge, even long after the airdodge would have finished.

WhatsInAUsername

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this is something people have found before. I was Falcon Punched on shield as Olimar, and I recieved enough pushback to get knocked offstage. But before I was fully off, I grabbed OoS, and it registered me as grabbing in midair. I had to double jump back up, so it was only for the duration of the grab that I was standing, but I thought it might be an interesting find.

Last edited:

HAMMER?

Smash Rookie
NNID
HamEatsGames
On most stages, I find dash grabbing with Pit/Dark Pit just at the ledge causes the other character to appear slightly lower than usual, and I am unable to pummel them, though throwing works fine. Has anyone else experienced this?

Notries

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4725-8324-6089
For most characters with a rapid jab, if you start jabbing at the very edge of the stage and it connects with opponent, occasionally you'll fall off the stage with no lag. I've done it occasionally with Falco and I can usually follow up with a N-Air, but it doesn't happen very often.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Fox can not perform his shine on landing. Not sure if its during the landing lag frames or what but it is very apparent. Only a crouch comes out.

Not sure if this is a bug but his dair on landing seems to sometimes not hit all his hits properly on the opponent and gives practically no hitstun, making it punishable on hit occasionally. Also sometimes send the opponent behind instead of in front due to hits.Very janky move indeed.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Fox can not perform his shine on landing. Not sure if its during the landing lag frames or what but it is very apparent. Only a crouch comes out.
That's "normal" and happens with (probably) all characters. But maybe you can consider it a bug, since moves besides ones where you hold down do work (and at least it's really annoying). It's there since Brawl (it was kinda difficult for Wario to get some landing farts because of this).

Last edited:

marc0polo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoticeMeKohai
I think Peach has a graphical bug with her up air. If you up air while floating, then release the float, the upair animation will cut out, but the hitbox will remain.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Does anybody remember that bug involving special moves and receiving electric attacks where the one performing an special move would be blasted away in an awkward way? Well, it happened to me yesterday.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
When you use fair, Sheik can't grab the ledge unless a double jump or any other move is used. I would provide video footage but I can't. It's really easy to test though.

A_Kae

Smash Ace
When you use fair, Sheik can't grab the ledge unless a double jump or any other move is used. I would provide video footage but I can't. It's really easy to test though.
I can confirm this. Tested on both sides of Battlefield and Final Destination, and all the edges on Norfair. Definitely real.

Atra

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this was just a random bug but I was playing mewtwo in 3ds against a G&W and he hit an 8 on me so when I broke free of the ice I jumped and all the sudden flew over the ceiling and lost the match but it wasn't like a launched fly, mewtwo double in speed when I jumped i would show a video but its on my phone and can't get good coverage

BRZRKR

Smash Rookie
NNID
BRZRKR
3DS FC
4339-3051-8549
there is a bug that i have been trying to have the creators of smash work on since the release of the game and it is Wario's bike parts and how the game specifically says that you may grab these bike parts assuming not only the tires could be grabbed since it breaks into 5 major parts which could only be assumed that they all would be able to be grabbed but not a single part can be grabbed after the bike breaks only the bike as a whole can be grabbed and as a Wario main i am very disappointed in the way that they haven't fixed it yet, also another thing is when robin is able to grab his/her sword and book, but it also does damage when it is thrown through the air giving him/her an advantage + combo starter for amazing comebacks but the game says nothing about grabbing robins books and swords so I believe it is extremely un-professional that it hasn't been fixed yet i would appreciated it soooo much if you fixed this bug please and I am very sure that all the other wario mains out there will also appreciate this to to be able to not just grab the tires but also the handle, seat and pipe frame to add new mix-ups into warios kit.@Shaya

evilcutekitteh

Smash Rookie
I was playing for fun smash and got the All-Star Rest Area as the stage. And if you touch where you would touch to get to the next stage if you were in All-Star, the screen goes white, the game continues, and you can't see anything. Plus nobody can die, meaning sudden death goes on forever.

Top Bottom