• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. United Presents Battle of Tribes Spring Opener! (Online)

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
What's up guys, this is SBU | Michael, leader of Smash Bros United Smash 4 Division, and I'm glad to announce that at 4:30 PM EST, on March 7, 2015, we will be hosting and streaming our first Smash 4 Wii U tournament. Top 8 and losers finals will be streamed. NNID will be shared on our Anthers Netplay chat (chat can be found here). And when you're done with your match tell us what character you used during that match win or lose. And also on the challonge bracket it would help if you put your smashboards name next to your challonge name such as: SBU | Michael (Magus).
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ruleset

* 2 stocks, 6 minutes

* Customs are off

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stage List

Starter Stages

* Battlefield

* Final Destination

* Smashville

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Counterpick Stages

* Castle Siege

* Delfino Plaza

* Duck Hunt

* Halberd

* Lylat Cruise

* Town & City

Omega Stages treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned,
Omega Stages are banned and vice versa.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Additional Rules

* Stage Striking:
The player with port priority strikes one stage from the
Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one stage and the
remaining stage is used for the first match.

* Stage Clause:
A player may not pick any stage they previously won
on during the set.

* Stage Bans:
During the stage ban phase, the player who won the
previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick
lists.

* SelfDestruct Moves:
If a match ends with the successful use of a
character’s selfdestruct move, the player that initiated the self destruct
move wins the match regardless of what the results screen states.
Selfdestruct moves include only Ganondorf’s SideB, King Dedede’s
NeutralB, Wario’s NeutralB, and Kirby’s NeutralB.

* Bowser Jr’s Clown Car Glitch:
If the Bowser Jr.’s Clown Car Glitch
happens, players are to pause the match and confirm the glitch has happened. Once confirmed, players will reset the
match to the same stocks and get as close to the percents as they had
when the Glitch took place. (The Bowser Jr. Clown Car Glitch happens
when the car respawns after using Up B right before the player loses their
stock. The character starts to teleport around, also hit boxes and
animations for Bowser Jr. change.)

Stream

Bracket

Anthers Chat

Last edited:

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
My gamertag/ challonge name is the same as my smashboards account, can't wait for this, also, how does the chat work? I've never used Anther's Ladder

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
My gamertag/ challonge name is the same as my smashboards account, can't wait for this, also, how does the chat work? I've never used Anther's Ladder
You go on www.smashladder.com/netplay and there's a bar where you can join the tourney chat, which is designate "BOT2" once you join that you can talk to everyone in it, and make private lobbies with them.

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
On another note, take the SBU | off of your name on challonge before I remove you from the bracket.
Really sorry about that, I just saw other people do it, so I thought I had to. I thought it stood for Smashboards username, I apologize though, I wasn't trying to be offensive. Just realized it stood for smash bros united.

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Also, which matches will be streamed, only the host's? Or like semis and up or what?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Really sorry about that, I just saw other people do it, so I thought I had to. I thought it stood for Smashboards username, I apologize though, I wasn't trying to be offensive. Just realized it stood for smash bros united.
Oh it's okay, thought you were being a wanna-be :p, but thanks for changing it, however there's another dude who did it so I'm probably gonna kick him out.

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
No I wouldn't disrespect like that, it just confused me, because I didn't know there were that many of you, and thanks again for answering my questions, good luck today.

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
Oh I am sorry as well i put SBU on my name as well thinking it meant smashboards username i re registered so please put me in bracket. I honestly didnt know. My name is just gamegod7

Last edited:

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
Oh it's okay, thought you were being a wanna-be :p, but thanks for changing it, however there's another dude who did it so I'm probably gonna kick him out.
Oh I am sorry as well i put SBU on my name as well thinking it meant smashboards username i re registered so please put me in bracket. I honestly didnt know. My name is just gamegod7

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
We invited you back

ElCocky97

Smash Rookie
NNID
Edouard224
Ok make sure that you have your smashboards on your challonge as well so it would be like:

SBU | Michael (Michael!) NNID: ThomasDaley
Alright, When your stream starting btw,

My NNID is Edouard224
ElCocky (ElCocky97)

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Congrats MisterQ on your performance today, looking forward to watching your vids

Top Bottom