• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Ultimate Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

XJCL24

Smash Rookie
I have some info on the newest Super Smash Bros to share with you.
I won't tell you how I came to learn what I have. Believe me, don't. What I will tell you is that my sources have proven to be reliable in the past.

- 80+ characters at launch.
- Music (original and classic) is still being developed and added to the game.
- 103 stages is intended to be the final number. More may be added as development continues, but don't expect many more.
- A lot of inspiration for the game's content was taken from the Smash ballot. New IP's will still get some love.
- Acquiring the rights to use third party characters is a lot more difficult than most would think.
- Work on DLC has begun in some capacity. Focus will shift over as the game nears it's full release.

Now the fun stuff:

- Vergeben has legitimate inside info.
- Skull Kid will be the next revealed character. Date TBA.
- Minecraft representation is a Creeper Assist Trophy and a fishing rod item.
- Incineroar will represent Pokemon Sun & Moon.
- Pokemon Trainer has an Ash Ketchum alternate skin (similar to Alph/Olimar).
- Two new Kirby reps. One is Bandana Waddle Dee.
- Smash dev and legal teams went through hell in talks over characters with Square Enix. Sakurai wanted Lara Croft but Square wouldn't budge. Cloud, Sephiroth, Geno, and Randi will represent Square in some capacity.
- A Visceral Games character was a late addition in development.
- Waluigi is an Assist Trophy. Period.

Pristine

Smash Cadet
I'm calling it right now, Sephiroth will be a playable character, his presence may actually be a separate character from Cloud as are all characters who had their villains introduced (interestingly enough, no villain is an echo fighter to their respective hero.)

The "heroes vs their respective villains" trend that has been going on is just overkill.

D

Deleted member

This honestly looks like it could be promising, But who knows...

Last edited by a moderator:

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Umm 80+ characters characters when the official smash bros website says 67 (Krool is 67) and doesn't count echoes. That is a big stretch.
edit: I thought we weren't allowed to discuss rumours outside of the main discussion?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have some info on the newest Super Smash Bros to share with you.
I won't tell you how I came to learn what I have. Believe me, don't. What I will tell you is that my sources have proven to be reliable in the past.

- 80+ characters at launch.
- Music (original and classic) is still being developed and added to the game.
- 103 stages is intended to be the final number. More may be added as development continues, but don't expect many more.
- A lot of inspiration for the game's content was taken from the Smash ballot. New IP's will still get some love.
- Acquiring the rights to use third party characters is a lot more difficult than most would think.
- Work on DLC has begun in some capacity. Focus will shift over as the game nears it's full release.

Now the fun stuff:

- Vergeben has legitimate inside info.
- Skull Kid will be the next revealed character. Date TBA.
- Minecraft representation is a Creeper Assist Trophy and a fishing rod item.
- Incineroar will represent Pokemon Sun & Moon.
- Pokemon Trainer has an Ash Ketchum alternate skin (similar to Alph/Olimar).
- Two new Kirby reps. One is Bandana Waddle Dee.
- Smash dev and legal teams went through hell in talks over characters with Square Enix. Sakurai wanted Lara Croft but Square wouldn't budge. Cloud, Sephiroth, Geno, and Randi will represent Square in some capacity.
- A Visceral Games character was a late addition in development.
- Waluigi is an Assist Trophy. Period.
I take that you won't be coming back here right?

Because adding a a western game character no one wants this late in development smells like raw sewage.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
lol

Visceral Games no longer exists. And what character would they even provide? Isaac Clarke? Dante, but not the Dante you'd care about? This was a funny read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom