• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Legacy XP help - hackless Wii method - followed guide, just boots to Wii Menu, not to game

md_2016

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I am trying to play Smash Bros. Legacy XP on my Wii using the hackless method.

If you click on this imgur link you will see a video of what happens. I go to my messages and click on the "Letterbomb" icon, and it's supposed to launch something, that I then insert my SD card A.

https://imgur.com/a/FloYzFh

When I click on it, it just boots up to the Wii menu again.

My SD card B is a 2GB card. My Wii is on System Menu version 4.3U. I used the Hackmii site and unchecked "Bundle the HackMii installer for me" and downloaded and extracted the files to my SD.

Maybe I messed something up, can someone see if the contents of my 2 SD cards look correct? They are below:

waffeln

Smash Cadet
1: This help and support board is really more for Project M 3.6, not modifications (because there are many out there where more stuff can go wrong), so generally you want to ask the actual community / developers of the mod, in this case https://discord.gg/legacy

2. You're mixing up starting methods completely: Hackless means without the need of a Homebrew channel by using the Stage loader exploit. This does not work for Legacy XP because it's a lot bigger than the 2GB SD Card limit. This limit however is only for the hackless method, because it's Brawl that doesn't support anything bigger. The Wii can read SD cards up to 32, sometimes 64 GB (basically all normal and SDHC cards).
What you're attempting is the Homebrew method which still requires a disc but doesn't have this size limitation. This means you need an SD card with the minimum size of Legacy XP, 5GB if i remember correctly.

I don't really know what you're doing - mostly because i don't know stuff about Wii U Project M - but this is is some important information for you.

SilverRose_Zero

Smash Cadet
Hello,

I am trying to play Smash Bros. Legacy XP on my Wii using the hackless method.

If you click on this imgur link you will see a video of what happens. I go to my messages and click on the "Letterbomb" icon, and it's supposed to launch something, that I then insert my SD card A.

https://imgur.com/a/FloYzFh

When I click on it, it just boots up to the Wii menu again.

My SD card B is a 2GB card. My Wii is on System Menu version 4.3U. I used the Hackmii site and unchecked "Bundle the HackMii installer for me" and downloaded and extracted the files to my SD.

Maybe I messed something up, can someone see if the contents of my 2 SD cards look correct? They are below:

You actually need a 32gb

Top Bottom