• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Smash Bros in Norther Virginia?

silvErYY

Smash Rookie
NNID
PandemicPotato
I am new to the competetive scene and I am looking for people to practice with in my area. In person or online works for me.

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
I live in Arlington and could use a regular practice partner. If you're interested, perhaps we could work something out. If you want to talk more, please PM me. Thanks.
I am new to the competetive scene and I am looking for people to practice with in my area. In person or online works for me.

Last edited:

TheChampionHardy

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChampionN
Hey, dude! I live in Woodbridge and also looking to have practice sessions. If you're interested, we used to have this weekly friendlies meet at this game store, Flashback Comics and Games, and hey, maybe you and I could start it back up.

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
I used to go to the Flashback Comics weekly meetups but my schedule just stopped really allowing it, and I started going to the GMU weekly tournies instead. I still would like to find a person or a group to have weekly smash 4 meetups with, but just closer to Arlington.

MeloVII

Smash Rookie
Hey don't have Wii u but can play smash 4. Looking melee mainly though. I can have a few people over or we aim for that location depending on time

TheChampionHardy

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChampionN
Hey don't have Wii u but can play smash 4. Looking melee mainly though. I can have a few people over or we aim for that location depending on time
When I went weekly, I brought a Project M setup, so there's that. Or, if you have a Melee disc and memory card, we can set that up as well. Oh, and in terms of times for Flashback, it was on Sundays, 12:00 to 5:00 PM.

jcEmblem

Smash Rookie
NNID
Saturns.FM
3DS FC
4356-0536-9575
I hope more people go to The Cave Fairfax.
I'm from Centreville and I just went to one of their Thursday weeklies. They have great setups and high end gaming equipment.
At least check it out if you're from NOVA

MeloVII

Smash Rookie
Yea. Stopped by the cave for the first time on thursday.

Wonderful set up and great people all around from what I can tell. A very at home feeling and it's 24 hours which is pretty awesome

DanceOfBlades

Smash Rookie
NNID
DanceOfWindBlade
3DS FC
4725-8182-4755
I'm in Northern Virginia and I wanted to start playing more competitively. I'm also looking for a group to play with, most likely online, but in my area. Message me if you'd like to talk more about it.

Tricky_Da_Kid

Smash Rookie
NNID
420_BL4ZE_IT
I'll add you bro, hmu what time you wanna play. I'll be off work tommorow so I'll probably will be free then

The_Ghosty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_Ghosty
Anyone know of any good spots to go to for small tournaments/friendlies in Smash 4 in Northern VA? Closest decent one I've gone to is Tournament City Games up in Frederick, MD (About an hour away). I'm also open to PM's/adds for some good friendlies/practice

Tricky_Da_Kid

Smash Rookie
NNID
420_BL4ZE_IT
Anyone know of any good spots to go to for small tournaments/friendlies in Smash 4 in Northern VA? Closest decent one I've gone to is Tournament City Games up in Frederick, MD (About an hour away). I'm also open to PM's/adds for some good friendlies/practice
The cave gaming center is pretty chill its by GMU

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
There is a nice tournament scene down in Manassas every Wednesday at the Hard Times that is hosted by DC Gaming.

I heard that the Cave up in Fairfax that hosted Tech the Halls is doing something on Thursday nights.

And then down in Fredricksberg there is a place that is doing stuff on Fridays

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Ya I am hitting the tournament scene more and here in the DMV so if you have any questions just ask. If I do not know it I might know where to find the answer.

The_Ghosty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_Ghosty
The cave gaming center is pretty chill its by GMU
There is a nice tournament scene down in Manassas every Wednesday at the Hard Times that is hosted by DC Gaming.

I heard that the Cave up in Fairfax that hosted Tech the Halls is doing something on Thursday nights.

And then down in Fredricksberg there is a place that is doing stuff on Fridays
Thanks for the suggestion! Checked their website out and seems good though I can't say weekdays work very well for me but I'll definitely give The Cave a shot. Seems everyone has Smash Bros on weekdays for some reason :(

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Thanks for the suggestion! Checked their website out and seems good though I can't say weekdays work very well for me but I'll definitely give The Cave a shot. Seems everyone has Smash Bros on weekdays for some reason :(
\

Sadly that is the case. There is a event that takes place on Sundays in the evenings (Which is almost as bad as it taking place on weekdays). That could be worth a shot to look up. The tournament listing section of the site is a great place to look.

Top Bottom