• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Crossover Spin Off series idea.

D

Deleted member

So I have a question for everyone.

How would you feel about the idea of there being a crossover spin-off series of Smash games where Nintendo pits the characters of Smash (minus third party characters) against characters from other Video Game series, or even Anime and Manga sorta like Capcom does with Marvel Vs Capcom and other Capcom crossover? Something like "Super Smash Bros vs Sega" or "Super Smash Bros vs Shonen Jump".

It's play like a regular Smash game, but it'd just have other characters from the series of the crossover. Regarding Nintnedo characters, Sakurai will be adding characters that were not in previous Smash games, so if characters like Giraham, Sylux, Zoroark, Lyn, and Ashely were not playable beforhand, they may have a chance now.
Do you like this idea, if so who would you choose to crossover with, and what would your roster look like?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Zero interest in anything that crosses over with non-video games.

Every character the dev teams has to make for that game is another video game character that could have been added to Smash instead.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'd rather see the Smash name/identity take over other genres and stuff than just being a crossover with a crossover but basically being the same exact game if that makes any sense.

I really do feel we should be getting a Super Smash Kart on Switch since we already have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Not to mention Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was already sorta dipping it's toe in that direction to begin with. I mean MK8: Deluxe had Splatoon, Animal Crossing, F-Zero, Excitebike, Zelda content. Might as well go full blown next go round to truly differentiate between this game and MK8: Deluxe.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Mariomaniac45213 Mariomaniac45213
I made a thread about a Super Smash Kart, but it doesn't seem it'd be as popular as Super Smash Bros. Characters like the Mario gang, Captain Falcon, and Link with his Master Cycle Zero would be set. Samus could have that car from Rocket League, or just run on foot with the speed booster. Same with Sonic, although he had a vehicle in Sonic R.

Anyway, as for the crossover, if it played like a traditional fighting game, that'd be interesting.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Just video game characters, please. No manga/anime/TV show/movie/comic/book/etc. in it

CHIEF FOR SMASH

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Super Smash RPG a party of 8 characters :ultmario::ultdk::ultfox::ultlink::ultkirby::ultsamus::ultpikachu::ultyoshi: journey across the nintendo universe and even meet some 3rd parties as they try to defeat the entity known as Master Core.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Zero interest in anything that crosses over with non-video games.

Every character the dev teams has to make for that game is another video game character that could have been added to Smash instead.
He's asking about making a different game. Not smash bros

Just video game characters, please. No manga/anime/TV show/movie/comic/book/etc. in it

CHIEF FOR SMASH
Why?

What's with all the "must be a video game character" people? It's such nonsense

I think a nintendo x jump fighters or whatever it's called would be great. Like marvel vs capcom.

This is what would HAVE to happen for this idea to even be an idea. Otherwise we're just talking about smashbros.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
He's asking about making a different game. Not smash bros
He said it would play like Smash, and that Sakurai would still be the one making it.

So essentially, the same team of people, making more Smash.

So instead of a Smash game that's got, like, 30 Nintento characters and 30 anime characters, or 30 comic book characters, etc. I'd rather they spent that same time and money adding another 30 video game characters to the Smash they already have.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
He said it would play like Smash, and that Sakurai would still be the one making it.

So instead of a Smash game that's got, like, 30 Nintento characters and 30 anime characters, or 30 comic book characters, etc. I'd rather they spent that same time and money adding another 30 video game characters to the Smash they already have.
sure i suppose. though sakurai should just let bandai take the smash engine and roll with it

Khao

Smash Lord
Been dreaming of a Nintendo VS. Capcom for ages. I'd rather have it play like a Capcom fighter than Smash though, I'd love to see how Nintendo characters would play in a traditional fighter.

D

Deleted member

Hey man, that's alright. I was just wanted to know what people thought about a crossover spinoff series that was different enough to set itself apart from the main Smash series, but so far it looks like it's going no-where.

Khao Khao Yeah, in hindsight, I think that'd be a better option.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
A Smash Spin-off is a great idea.

Nintendo characters in the spin-off can mostly stay the same, saving development time
Allows access to many characters from a guest company, rather than one
Allows game to experiment with new mechanics to give the spin-off its own identity
Allows Nintendo to test a new director

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
"Super Smash Bros vs Shonen Jump".
I actually think this would be a great idea. It could be Nintendo's answer to Marvel Vrs. Capcom. And it's something I've kind of wanted ever since I played Jump Superstars on the DS in the mid 2000's. That game played remarkably similar to Smash, though still different enough to not be aping off each other. I don't think it should play just like Smash though, if anything, I think it should have new core mechanics to set it apart from Smash.

I don't expect it to ever happen though. For one, Nintendo is the type of company that doesn't like to have more than one of anything except for maybe mascot platformers. So I don't see a second fighting game happening unless it's not 2D, and even then, there's ARMS.

Last edited:

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo VS Capcom, a tag team tournament fighter is my dream game.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'd like to see a dragonball game with the smash engine, as well as a street fighter vs mortal kombat game.

Top Bottom