• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

JOE!

Smash Hero
i love how people disregard my post explaining that realistically Sonic would go smoosh while hitting anything at teh speeds he travels as long as it's denser than himself...

EDIT:

This tourney is flawed anyhow in this: Who will beat Mewtwo?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
i love how people disregard my post explaining that realistically Sonic would go smoosh while hitting anything at teh speeds he travels as long as it's denser than himself...

EDIT:

This tourney is flawed anyhow in this: Who will beat Mewtwo?
We'll get to Mewtwo in a bit.. This tourney is more based on characters true to their game than realistic battles.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Isn't Ragnell blessed by Ashera as well? I'm quite sure it is. Sonic wouldn't have trouble snatching, nor lifting it, from Ike.

Sonic wins.
It was, the blessing got replaced by Yune. So either it has two blessings, or just the one. >_>

And you can't steal equip'd weapons in FE10. In fact, it's impossible to remove Ragnell from Ike's items list. Has a nice lock on it, one of two weapons you can use with a lock on it (the other being Amiti). I'm however, not fully sure how that would translate over into this.

And then there is the question of how on earth is Sonic going to be able to steal the weapon? He has to lose his speed in order to be able to do so. Ike's not weak at all, Sonic won't be able to just run by and pluck it out of his hands. He can't grab it by the blade of obvious reasons (super speed + edge = lol gg you just killed yourself), and the handle doesn't stick very far out. He has very little surface area he can grab. He's going to need two hands to even attempt doing so, and the only places he could grab are on each side of the blade. Again, no super speed while doing this due to the awkward angle he would have to grab the handle.

And EVEN if he took the sword SOMEHOW: Ike's still invincible from all of Sonic's attacks. >_> Or he could pull out another sword/axe.

:034:

Smash Hero
Does anyone see what I mean? It becomes role-playing.

"Ike is blessed. Ike is now invincible."

"Sonic picks up Ike and throws him into space. Sonic heads back to Earth."

So, we start putting our thoughts into these characters. Is that what Sonic would do, or is it something you think Sonic should do, because that's what you'd do?
Good point!

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
It was, the blessing got replaced by Yune. So either it has two blessings, or just the one. >_>

And you can't steal equip'd weapons in FE10. In fact, it's impossible to remove Ragnell from Ike's items list. Has a nice lock on it, one of two weapons you can use with a lock on it (the other being Amiti). I'm however, not fully sure how that would translate over into this.

And then there is the question of how on earth is Sonic going to be able to steal the weapon? He has to lose his speed in order to be able to do so. Ike's not weak at all, Sonic won't be able to just run by and pluck it out of his hands. He can't grab it by the blade of obvious reasons (super speed + edge = lol gg you just killed yourself), and the handle doesn't stick very far out. He has very little surface area he can grab. He's going to need two hands to even attempt doing so, and the only places he could grab are on each side of the blade. Again, no super speed while doing this due to the awkward angle he would have to grab the handle.

And EVEN if he took the sword SOMEHOW: Ike's still invincible from all of Sonic's attacks. >_> Or he could pull out another sword/axe.
Who was it blessed by first? Ashera the goddess of Tellius, or Yune the goddess of Chaos?

And, If you could move faster than the speed of sound, I'm quite sure you'd be able to lift a heavy two-handed (generally) sword.

So what? Sonic could snatch those useless weapons and throw them away. Leaving Ike empty-handed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Having this decided by votes is a ba~d idea.

Because now I can just say Sonic will win, have the vote count, and never have to back up my statement.

Sonic runs faster than the speed of sound, and breaks through robots with his own body. He also has the ability to warp space and time around him with the chaos control, proven in Sonic Adventure 2/Battle, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. He also shows that he can travel through time in both Sonic '06 and Sonic CD.

Sonic can also attack and move at the speed of light with the Light Speed Dash and the Light Speed Dash Attack. (Sonic Adventure 1 & 2)

Oh, and the one thing I'm pretty sure would end the fight: Sonic has the Magic Hands from SA2.

Just throwing some things out there that'd give Sonic an edge.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Having this decided by votes is a ba~d idea.

Because now I can just say Sonic will win, have the vote count, and never have to back up my statement.

Sonic runs faster than the speed of sound, and breaks through robots with his own body. He also has the ability to warp space and time around him with the chaos control, proven in Sonic Adventure 2/Battle, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. He also shows that he can travel through time in both Sonic '06 and Sonic CD.

Sonic can also attack and move at the speed of light with the Light Speed Dash and the Light Speed Dash Attack. (Sonic Adventure 1 & 2)

Oh, and the one thing I'm pretty sure would end the fight: Sonic has the Magic Hands from SA2.

Just throwing some things out there that'd give Sonic an edge.
That's a good point. I'll keep that in mind.

D

Deleted member

I don't see how you can pit a character from a TRPG against a character from a platformer while having the characters be "true to their game".

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Who was it blessed by first? Ashera the goddess of Tellius, or Yune the goddess of Chaos?

And, If you could move faster than the speed of sound, I'm quite sure you'd be able to lift a heavy two-handed (generally) sword.
First by Ashera during the war that resulted in the flooding of the world. Later blessed by Yune before fighting the Dragon King.

And leg strength =/= arm strength. Sonic isn't Shadow, Omega, or Knuckles. He's never demonstrated arm strength.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
the flames would wrap around and hurt link, his shield only covers about 50% of his body
Fire Tunic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Sonic vs Ike. I'd have to go with sonic with or without magic.

Just for the sake of Sonic won't get hit. Then he would spin dash and rip the skin off of Ike's face.

If magic were allowed you have an invincible ike (according to his game) and an invincible sonic (according to his game). It would have to be even.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Sonic blitzes Ike, no question

Ike has no speed feats and thus can't hurt Sonic if he's bloodlusted (Since OP didn't mention if it's in character or not)

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
*waves fanboy flag* SONIC!

Well... Only if the Sonic user isnt dumb enough to run into any one of Ike's smashes from overusing his speed recklessly.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

It's a popularity contest. So I guess my vote goes to Sonic.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I think it could be Pit, he could fly and shoot arrows from above, but DK with his leg strength maybe could jump up and hit Pit back down...hmm...could pit's sword cut DK? or is DKs arms longer and thus crushing Pit's body.
DK then, a massive gorilla with a tie vs. a kid with small wings and (annoying voice, as some might say)

DK has my vote overall.

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
Pit's got nothing on DK, I bet he'd start screaming like a little girl when he saw a giant gorilla coming after him.. No weapons or wings would save him from DK's massive strength :p

So yeah, my vote goes to DK. Take that pit

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Donkey Kong, because only eleven people ever played Kid Icarus.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Just so you know, the losers go to the losers brackets while the winner goes to the winner.

Meaning, Ike and Mario may not get 1st place but they're still in this.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Donkey Kong can take down a monkey a size of King Kong, then he can take down a garden angel. Donkey Kong.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Donkey Kong....Pit with no wings or arrows...is just a boy who forgot when halloween ended....DK is gonna go "rargh" and smash this halloween boy to a pulp...No contest...

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong. His brute strength, size and weight make him a force to be reckoned with. Couple that with his reasonable speed and you got yourself a winner. Pit just can't handle himself in that situation.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think DK throwing his barrels and all would break that frail little fairy's wing and bones no problem.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
olimar would win
he would throw his pikmins on mk til he is eaten up by them

Top Bottom