• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

JOE!

Smash Hero

'Blastoise used Surf! The attack missed!' Possibly something like that. And an Earthquake doesn't always have to kill something. I feel like an *** for saying this, but despite many people getting injured/the death toll on the Haiti EQ, some people survived. Isn't it mostly falling debris? Unless the ground cracks open beneath PT's feet, it's not like he's getting hit by it...

Surf though, is another matter. Explosion possibly has a radius. Discharge... bleah I dunno. The only thing I can think of is in Pokemon battles the Pokemon don't aim for the trainers on purpose.
Well, how does surf work? does a wave magiclaly appear from NOWHERE behind the pokemon?

REL38

Smash Lord
Actually looking at Mario vs Kirby match instead of arguing with Clinton has me see Mario winning

Heck, Paper Mario power-ups alone got this

@Clinton

It's more so the degree of Mario's stunts that has me not being impressed with his "speed"
It takes Mario less than a minute to solve a mission in Sunshine, cool
I draw that Mario has amazing agility (one of the few characters that examplifies it at such a degree), but not that impressive "mph speed"
If I had to take a guess, Mario's running as fast as an Olympic sprinter, if not faster

So when compared to Sonic, Samus or Kirby, I'm not that impressed

I would fail to see why FLUDD be disallowed
It talks and is a power-up, for all intensive purposes

Well, how does surf work? does a wave magiclaly appear from NOWHERE behind the pokemon?
Yes

@Trainer Being Red

Hmm, they sure don't look the same

Oh wait-

warpd

Smash Apprentice
The power to travel across the universe...is called the Warp Pipe. Which everyone can use. The launch star might be more like the power of the Luma then it is Mario.

If Mario was to throw star bits at Kirby, he would most likely eat them. He would probably like the taste.

What makes you think his shape shifting abilities is not instantaneous?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about we discuss what Mario's strongest moves and abilities are? And what other characters can do against it? So far this seems a bit too much to discuss at once, but with Mario's abilities all out there it might be easier. So that we all have about the same vision.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I think the Mario can defeat most of the characters. ♥

Mario vs Bowser: I'll say Mario wins

Mario always have a way to defeat Bowser. Only game Bowser has come close to defeating is Paper Mario. The reason being that Mario didn't know what power Bowser have, after knowing his power, he finds a way to defeat it. If Bowser were to use the Star Rod in real battle, it would surely take too long for him to use it's power. What might save Bowser from losing totally would be that the Star Spirits stopping the Star Rod would be count as support, but even then it takes too long for Bowser to use it's power to become invincible but at least he can attack with the Star Rod.

Mario vs Captain Falcon: I'll say Mario wins this to

It's not too known what Captain Falcon is capable of when fighting Mario outside his ship and Blue Falcon, I'm pretty sure Mario has a good amount of ways for stopping them. Only chance of the Captain Falcon have is when Mario doesn't use his items from New Super Mario Bros series, (mostly Mega Mushroom and Starman), or Super Paper Mario.

Mario vs Diddy Kong: Mario should win this to

Diddy Kong doesn't have mind blowing attacks or many ways to avoid Mario's items if Mario were to play his roll in Super Paper Mario.

Mario vs Donkey Kong: Mario should win this

Unlike Bowser, Donkey Kong actually beat Mario once, (in Donkey Kong Jr.), but Donkey Kong suffers the same problem as Diddy Kong.

Mario vs Falco: I'll say Falco

Inside the Arwing, Falco has a huge advantage over Mario, with his piloting skills, he can just laser spam Mario until he get's tired. Outside the Arwing, Mario can win, but outside, Falco can just avoid harms way.

Mario vs Fox: I'll go with Fox

Same case with Falco, inside the Arwing, Mario can't do much but avoid against Fox, outside the Arwing, Mario can win.

Mario vs Ganondorf: I'll say Mario this time

This might not be true, but the Pure Hearts can interrupt any form of invincibility. I'm not sure if it's because the villains used the Chaos Heart or it's natural, if what I said is false, then Ganondorf wins.

Mario vs Ice Climbers: Of course Mario

Not much I can say for Ice Climbers. XD

Mario vs Ike: Mario's win

Ike is vulnerable to Mario's items if Mario successfully use them. Ike can win, but only if Mario stands still.

Mario vs Jigglypuff: Mario wins

Jigglypuff is not a very tough Pokemon, but it can learn some impressive attacks. But nothing impressive that Mario hasn't seen.

Mario vs King Dedede: Mario should win this

King Dedede has a lot of power, energy, and defense, but lacks speed and techniques. Only way King Dedede can have a chance is being possessed, but even then, Mario doesn't need his all.

Mario vs Kirby: I say Kirby wins this one

Unlike King Dedede, Kirby have tons of different ways of fighting. Due to his small size it's not easy hitting Kirby. The outcome Kirby should win.

Mario vs Link: Mario should win this

It depends on what type of Link being use for Mario to fight him. Mario can win in a normal fight, if Link uses magic, I can't say the outcome.

Mario vs Lucario: Mario's win

Lucario is an impressive Pokemon but nothing Mario didn't handle before.

Mario vs Lucas: No clue about Mother Games

Mario vs Luigi: I'll say a draw

Mario and Luigi seems to play the same in most games, both of the bros are balanced. Only differences is that Mario seems to be stronger, and Luigi have better jumping ability. Other than that, they play the same.

Mario vs Marth: Mario should win this

Marth swordplay is impressive, but I'm not sure there's more to add. Marth is faster than Ike with his sword, I guess that's something to add. Mario has more than enough tools to take down Marth.

Mario vs Meta Knight: I'll give the win to Meta Knight

Unlike most sword characters, Meta Knight seems to be the fastest with a sword, not to mention his sword seems to be the strongest. If Mario were to start out with a Starman, Meta Knight fly in a distance to avoid it until it wears off. Mario won't have enough time to uses his items in a battle with Meta Knight.

Mario vs Mewtwo: Mewtwo wins

Mewtwo is one of the strongest Pokemon, not to mention Mewtwo can learn a large of attacks that can carry the battle to his favor.

Mario vs Mr. Game & Watch: Mario of course wins

Not much of a fight Mr. Game & Watch can do.

Mario vs Ness: Never played Mother

Mario vs Olimar: Mario wins

Olimar can control 100 different Pikmin, but it's useless if those 100 Pikmin can't even get close to Mario. Not only that, due to their size, fighting Mario is suicide.

Mario vs Peach: Mario of course

Only way Peach can be a threat would be if she's able to use her powers from Super Princess Peach. But dealing with Peach's different vibes is nothing compare to what Mario has dealt with.

Mario vs Pichu: Mario of course

Pichu isn't a strong Pokemon, but Pichu can learn a number of attacks, but Pichu is going to need more to go against Mario.

Mario vs Pikachu: Mario wins

Pikachu is not too much of a treat, Mario's items will win against Pikachu.

Mario vs Pit: I can't really say when a new Kid Icarus game is coming out

Mario vs Pokemon Trainer: Mario should win

This can go either way, it depends what Pokemon can the Pokemon Trainer carry, if Pokemon Trainer carries some legendaries, then I'll give the win to Pokemon Trainer.

Mario vs R.O.B.: Mario's win

I don't think R.O.B. can put much of a fight against Mario unless it's the R.O.B. from Mario Kart, but even then he's not strong enough.

Mario vs Roy: Mario's win

If Mario use the right items, Roy shouldn't be able to put up much of a fight.

Mario vs Samus: Samus should win

Mario have a lot of tools to parry against Samus, but Samus have more tools to deal with Mario.

Mario vs Snake: Mario

Mario just have better items than Snake.

Mario vs Sonic: I'll go with Mario

Without Super Sonic, Mario can better handle Sonic. With Super Sonic, my same though on Mario vs Ganandorf, if Mario can't do anything against Super Sonic, then Sonic wins.

Mario vs Toon Link: Mario

Toon Link can put up a good fight. Unless you base Mario from Super Paper Mario, Mario can handle Toon Link.

Mario vs Wario: Mario

Wario may have very impressive strength and hunky, (I love Wario), but Mario has beaten him before, and now Mario have more tools of beating Wario.

Mario vs Wolf: Wolf

Same as fighting against Falco and Fox except the Wolfen is more powerful.

Mario vs Young Link: I'll say Mario

Same thing against Toon Link, IMO.

Mario vs Yoshi: Mario should win

Yoshi isn't very strong in general, but Yoshi is faster, better jumping, and better use of projectiles, unless Mario use his Paper Mario items.

Mario vs Zelda/Sheik: Mario should win

I can't say much for Zelda, she hasn't pull anything amazing when fighting in a battle. Also I haven't seen, (or remember), when Zelda transformed into Sheik and attacked.

♣ Sorry I didn't make it neat, (due to the lack of time I have), but I just want to put my options, of course my options could be wrong. ♥

JOE!

Smash Hero
I stopped when you said mario beats Bowser

the ONLY reason mario ever beats bowser is because those boss fights are designed to let Mario win. hell, perfect example is the Sunshine fight where his hot-tub happened to have things that the FLUDD was desigend to break....

Lovely

Smash Lord
I stopped when you said mario beats Bowser

the ONLY reason mario ever beats bowser is because those boss fights are designed to let Mario win. hell, perfect example is the Sunshine fight where his hot-tub happened to have things that the FLUDD was desigend to break....
♣ Playing most Mario games, Bowser can lose by getting hit with enough Fireballs. In Mario 3D games, Bowser usually get's beat because Mario either finds a way to beat Bowser, of if Bowser makes a way to be defeated by Mario. But who's to say that Mario doesn't have a way to beat Bowser without the game levels help? ♥

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike actually is faster with the sword than Marth. By a lot... >_> Besides Smash Bros., there's no effidence in Marth's favor.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
Forget Sunshine, recently in the last two Mario games Bowser had a shiny switch that pretty much said "hit this to defeat Bowser" (twice in the same fight), then in Galaxy 2 he gives you the ammo to use against him in every single battle with him. It's like he just wants to get his tail handed to himself.

JOE!

Smash Hero
seriously, we got to look at bowser's abilities VS mario's, not their fights as they are all designed for mario to win.

seriously, how could amrio have beaten bowse rin 64 if he didnt fight on a field with bombs conveinently there for him to be tossed into?

Lovely

Smash Lord
Ike actually is faster with the sword than Marth. By a lot... >_> Besides Smash Bros., there's no effidence in Marth's favor.
♣ Maybe I got the stats wrong, I always thought Marth was faster than Roy and Ike by a good amount of points. Or maybe I posted more than I could post. x_x ♥

Forget Sunshine, recently in the last two Mario games Bowser had a shiny switch that pretty much said "hit this to defeat Bowser" (twice in the same fight), then in Galaxy 2 he gives you the ammo to use against him in every single battle with him. It's like he just wants to get his tail handed to himself.
♣ Maybe that's Bowser's way of saying sorry for being a sadist? XD ♥

seriously, we got to look at bowser's abilities VS mario's, not their fights as they are all designed for mario to win.

seriously, how could amrio have beaten bowse rin 64 if he didnt fight on a field with bombs conveinently there for him to be tossed into?
♣ Maybe I didn't explain my post better. I was saying that Mario had better tools to fighting against Bowser during some of the Mario games like Super Mario Bros 3, Paper Mario series, or New Super Mario Bros series. If the stage was set and Bowser were to have his abilities in Super Mario 64 with no bombs and Mario doesn't have any power, then Mario wouldn't have no choice but to flee. ); ♥

Wow, so much **** in this thread, lol. Mario vs MK is in Mario's favor...definitely
♣ Really, I thought Meta Knight would win against Mario. ;p ♥

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, lets look at what bowser has:

Star Rod that can give him anything he wants via wishing.....

that alone seals the deal for like 90% of his fights:

"i wish their powers dont work" "I wish they cannot hurt me"

it's not the banned "I wish i win lol", but it is essentially the same

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
http://www.mariowiki.com/Pure_Heart
http://www.mariowiki.com/Purity_Heart

I don't see anything about them stopping any kind of invincibility, but it does look like they were specifically designed to stop the Chaos Hearts. But Ganon has a lot more than invincibility. He can teleport, possess, shoot magic balls, create phantoms of himself which mirror his abilities(I don't think counts as support if he makes it in field), beast form, everything I've listed before time and time again, and wishing.

Mario: Pure hearts! Woohoo! (If they even work)
Ganon: I wish for the pure hearts.
Ganon: I wish for my invincibility back.
Ganon: I wish for Mario's invincibility to be null and void.
/end

Also, I doubt Mario is so fast that Bowser couldn't wish for invincibility before Mario attacks. Not to mention Mario has never been able to kill Bowser in one hit before anyway (although he might have something that would do it. Starman maybe?), so I think Bowser would have plenty of time to get the wish out.

:034:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Canoncally, Bowser doesn't has acces to the Star Rod no more. So he shouldn't get it.

Same with Mario actually with the Chaos Stars, or whatever Paper Mario god-item.

_clinton

Smash Master
I'm just responding to this right now:

*Two Pics of Red and PT
Ok, here is what I was saying actually:
So, in truth we are just talking about a “symbol” for this character, a large symbol of it in fact, which really opens up the stuff we can talk about. I mean he certainly isn’t the only symbol in this game, but it is a big one.
I’m not saying they don’t look the same, I’m saying it doesn’t matter if they look the same. Red was the 1st pokemon trainer you control in the 1st games, and he is also perhaps the most popular human that isn’t “Ash” as well (even though Ash is suppose to be him in a way). In fact, Red is pretty much based off Satoshi Tajiri when he was a kid according to him:
http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/99/1122/pokemon6.fullinterview2.html
TIME: The main human guy is named Satoshi. That's your name. Is he your alter ego?
Tajiri: Basically, he's me when I was a kid
So of course his image is what they would use for the “symbol” in Brawl/pokemon. When he is based off the creator himself I’d say that he has a pretty large representation for the base.

It doesn’t mean that it has to be “him” though, because overall the trainers were designed to be silent and pretty much anonymous protagonist (in fact he is the ultimate example of one IMO) so that you the player can connect with him more, I mean the idea is Tajiri’s, and he extends to the pokemon as well:
Pikachu is like the name of the species. But each player can name their own Pikachu. So kids can relate to it more. They get more attached to them that way.
Going on with some things Tajiri says on page 1 that help the idea of a symbol:
http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/99/1122/pokemon6.fullinterview1.html
The Japanese focus on Pikachu, but what I think is important is the human aspect--you need Ash
Funny what he goes on to say about Pikachu though as well in case the naming option wasn’t clear enough:
When they did the anime, they wanted a specific character to focus on. Pikachu was relatively popular compared with the others and potentially both boys and girls would like it. They heard a lot of opinions about this. It wasn't my idea.
Pikachu is in SSB for these same reasons pretty much as well, despite at 1st being a very small character. It most certainly doesn’t make that Pikachu Ash’s Pikachu or something like that, it is just suppose to be a Pikachu, do you get my point?

Oh and for whatever reason you didn’t even respond to my point about the starter pokemon, despite how it was a part of the pokemon trainer as a symbol argument, so I’m going to say it again as well:

Again the same is said for what “pokemon” the PT is using, again let me point out that the starter pokemon that the trainer uses in Brawl are also a symbol for the series. It doesn’t mean that they are the pokemon that we have to talk about canon wise that the trainer will be using for these matches.

Also one last thing about this, If the character select screen for Brawl said “Red” instead of ”Pokemon Trainer” like it does I wouldn’t be arguing with you about this. You are aware that the name Red is canon for him right according to the 2nd generation? However, they don’t use Red, they use PT.

The only thing I can think of is in Pokemon battles the Pokemon don't aim for the trainers on purpose.
So, did you forget about how the game clearly gives off the fact that not all of the pokemon battles in the games are little friendly fights between two-four little kids? I mean why wouldn’t Team Rocket or the other *evil bad guys* not attack you and remove you from the fight if they can that way instead of playing fair and just taking out your pokemon?

They are already clearly willing to take over cities, and hold people up into hostage situations as you can see in the game’s various events including with Team Rocket. So it should be clear the pokemon protect the trainer based off how they are willing to use excessive force to get what they want, just like it should be clear that Ness/Lucas can use their PK for flight under their psychic powers based off simple logic like what foes they fight.

Oh and again, certain wild pokemon aren’t clearly "nice" as well. They have no reason to not aim at the trainer if they want to, part of the reason for a trainer having pokemon is because of wild ones.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Canoncally, Bowser doesn't has acces to the Star Rod no more. So he shouldn't get it.

Same with Mario actually with the Chaos Stars, or whatever Paper Mario god-item.
We're allowing them (and all characters) to have pretty much everything that they've had in their games despite whether or not they lost it. Otherwise we'd just have to go with the most recent game that everyone has put out, or whatever happens in the end credits.

REL38

Smash Lord
Silly Stuff
You can rationalize it all you want, but the glaring evidence that Red looks exactly like he does in Brawl proves otherwise

Name can relate to how the player can name him so many wouldn't realize he's originally Red or outright just saying "yo, this kid's a PKMN trainer"
I could care less since when two distinguishable characters look exactly alike, I could care less for how you twist and rationalize the most obvious facts

Unlike Pikachu, humans are different in appearance
Pikachu, Lucario and Jiggs have veeeerrryy limited differences in their appearance. You saying "they might not be the same PKMN" is faaar more valid here as PKMN hardly ever loom different from each other aside from shinys and male/female looks (never even shown in stadium games)

I just find it very silly how you're trying to rationalize every little thing lol

They are already clearly willing to take over cities, and hold people up into hostage situations as you can see in the game’s various events including with Team Rocket. So it should be clear the pokemon protect the trainer based off how they are willing to use excessive force to get what they want,
Nintendo dislikes guns soooo

Pokemon is the obvious alternative
obv.

just like it should be clear that Ness/Lucas can use their PK for flight under their psychic powers based off simple logic like what foes they fight.
loooooool

REL38

Smash Lord
Wait a minute.

...what?
idunno
:p

So, is there a reason why people are arguing who red is? I'm sorry but I don't want to read through all that.

Before I argue for Mario, what pokemon and moves does Red have anyway?
Clinton says Red isn't the guy in Brawl when they both look exactly the same

Just look two pages back for how they look exactly the same

As for moves, I'm betting Embargo's gonna be used >__>

justaway12

Smash Master
I know, I saw that, buttt does it really make a difference if he is or it isn't Red? =P
I would say it is Red, but I'm not sure how this would relate to this match xP

And yeah, Embargo's stupid >_>
But isn't Mario's Lucky Day and Close Call stackable? That would make Embargo miss a lot, enough for Mario to attack. =P

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter whether it's Red or not (it is Red, btw. Anyone with a pair of eyes can look at it and say with certainty that it is Red). Even though it's Red though, it doesn't limit him to 1st gen pokemon. We've seen through FR/LG and HG/SS that all areas in the pokemon world are capable of getting the pokemon of other areas. So it doesn't matter who the trainer is.

REL38

Smash Lord
I know, I saw that, buttt does it really make a difference if he is or it isn't Red? =P
I would say it is Red, but I'm not sure how this would relate to this match xP

And yeah, Embargo's stupid >_>
But isn't Mario's Lucky Day and Close Call stackable? That would make Embargo miss a lot, enough for Mario to attack. =P
Like Ganonsburg said, it probably only matters for his Pokémon which probably shouldn't matter anyways

iirc, both stack to make Mario almost untouchable

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Doesn't that mean that Mario would always be on the verge of death and make him very vulnerable to attacks like Swift and Aerial Ace?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Swift and Aerial Ace are terribad moves, though. They're much weaker than most moves. Technician Ambipom can, however, boost Swift to powerful levels if it Nasty Plots for some more damage.

justaway12

Smash Master
He can stack defense plus =P
Besides, it's not like Mario doesn't have those life mushrooms.

I'm just taking this of DMGs post in the Paper Mario social thread xP
I would put Mario at 5 HP. I had 50 Lucky Day, 50 Close Call, 50 Power Rush, and 50 Defense Plus. I was untouchable, and when something hit me, it never did damage. Best Paper Mario strategy ever.
The thing is though, we still haven't decided on Red Pokemon.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Swift and Aerial Ace are terribad moves, though. They're much weaker than most moves. Technician Ambipom can, however, boost Swift to powerful levels if it Nasty Plots for some more damage.
They would still be good enough to kill a Mario that only has 5 HP left. (Read as about to die)

He can stack defense plus =P
Besides, it's not like Mario doesn't have those life mushrooms
This is a better answer. But still, just how many defense pluses can he equip without sacrificing his close call strategy?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Red/PT's usual strategy though would be to have some Pokemon try to overpower or overwhelm the opponent while having a back up or two protect him. If it's an overly powerful foe, such as Mario, status effects would be useful if the foe cannot prevent them from occurring.

Steelix, which is pretty large, can have Red 'ride' him as he uses Protect every time a potential life-threatening attack is launched/comes close.

Or, if you guys would rather have the UBER POKEMON OF DOOM

Dialga and Palkia are helpful here, as Palkia can teleport and manipulate teleportation to put foes in uneasy situations. Dialga can manipulate time, but loses much power upon doing so.

There is also Arceus, who can... erm... yeah.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I read that. That seems pretty **** hardcore. I don't think any pokemon has an answer for that....but I'll still look into it. Maybe there is an Ability-item-move combination that may give Red a chance.

Anyway, the pokeball supposedly places a restraint on the Pokemon inside to limit it's powers so it can be tamed.

If that is true, wouldn't that make it impossible for any of Red's ubers to actually use their broken abilities like going back in time to kill the character's moms before they are born and the like?

EDIT: does power rush affect moves other than the hammer and the jump?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
PT = Red. Same design and everything. Why are you denying that _clinton?

It's like saying... The Ice Climbers aren't Popo and Nana. Cause they're called the Ice Climbers. Besides, the Pokemon Trainer's name is not as well known to everyone cause unlike Link for example, your more supposed to name that guy after yourself in game.

justaway12

Smash Master
@Payasofbia: The only move he has are his jump and his hammer, but the description just says his attack power.
I don't think that would be possible since, well, he doesn't know where Mario would be at that time. =S
I'm pretty sure it's banned anyway, I think Mario has a time machine but he doesn't use it.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well, I just researched and the point I was going to make was invalidated because of one nifty thing called Quake Hammer.

Anyway, I found another one:

Red uses two pokemon to aid him in battle: Magneton and Cleffable.

Red orders Magneton to use lock on and Cleffable to use Follow Me. Follow me, having a priority of +3, will make Cleffable use it before Mario attacks. Mario will then use one of his broken moves against Cleffable because the effect of Follow Me states that the opponent can only attack the Pokemon that used it.

Right after that, Magneton uses Sonic Boom, an attack that always deals the same damage no matter how much defense the opponent has, to kill the extremely fragile Mario. Sonic Boom also ignores type and status effects, being able to hit even Ghost types, who are usually inmune to normal types. And finally, it won't miss because of Lock On.

Add a trick room from Porygon Z if you feel like Magneton is not fast enough to attack Mario first.

This only counters Danger Mario though. i am sure he has other ways to deal with the Red.

justaway12

Smash Master
That still doesn't stop the lucky day and close call, though his Ultra jump does attack every enemy, even if you choose to attack a single enemy.

He could still use things like repel gel or thet boo sheet to make himself invincible and just go right up to Red =P

Also, I didn't play TTYD but can't mario just use earth tremor or showstopper and wipe out all the enemies?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I don't think so.

Lock On makes Magneton's next attack hit no matter what the opponent did before to increase it's evasion.

Magneton has the Poke-Ability Sturdy: he is inmune to One Hit KOs. Showstopper is useless against him.

Earth Tremor and Ultra Jump can be endured with Focus Sash.

Power Bounce would normaly do the trick against Focus Sash, but Follow Me got that covered.

Repel gel and Boo sheet could be considered helpful status effects. Sonic Boom bypasses all that.

As for going directly for Red: Repel. Mario can't engage in a direct fight with Red until the latter takes 100 steps.

You could say that is stalling, but Red can still be defeated by getting his Pokemons KOed and being whited out.

justaway12

Smash Master
Oh right, forgot about lock-on =X
I would consider Repel gel to be like protect or detect seeing as it just protects Mario from attacks, not really a status.
Even if it is, life mushroom would bring him back to life, Clefairy would have already fainted and Mario is free to attack Magneton.

Or Mario could just his stop watch at the begining of the match to freeze all the enemies.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
http://www.mariowiki.com/Invisible

The game itself counts invisibility as a status effect.

As for StopWatch: Safeguard. It creates a field that negates status effects for five turns. The user can also die and the effect will still be in effect.

Inmobility is a status effect too:

http://www.mariowiki.com/Immobilize

Add a Safeguarding Mewtwo to the team. Mewtwo is one of the fastest Pokemons in the game, so he should be able to move first.

As for Life Shroom: Alakazam with Embargo.

That's 5 Pokemons already.

Top Bottom