• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Crystanium

Smash Hero
A. I was the one who actually posted that picture the 1st time...
B. Dryn never translated the full thing...he translated one word and it was even on a guess over what it was
That wasn't even the Japanese version of the Super Metroid Instruction Booklet.

the Wii version of the game has a much better translation than the SNES book
Prove it.

In case you didn't get one of my other points from how I was making fun of what the SNES book says compared to the Wii manual...and sense the Wii manual says nothing about invincibility...I wonder what that means?
It doesn't mean anything. Why do you assume it does?

It goes on two a second line starting at where I showed it...so…let’s put your theory to the test…and add on this:

They clearly have enough room to write it...but they chose not to…I wonder why?
Or, they don't, because everything is almost verbatim, never mind "you" in place of "Samus." The original says:

"These boots allows Samus to run at a super high speed and make her invincible as she runs through enemies."

So it should read:

"These boots allow you to run at a super
high speed and make you invincible as
you run through enemies."

The Wii Version doesn't care about the rest. It just ends with "speed" and places a period in front. Sure, it could have gone to say "and make you invincible," but it seems to me that Nintendo just wanted to focus on its main function: running very fast.

I guess we should just throw out Metroid: Zero Mission as well then if all you want to do is just count the "originals"
The Metroid: Zero Mission Instruction Booklet would be an original. In comparison to Metroid for the NES, it's not the original. After all, the items that appear in Metroid: Zero Mission never made an appearance in the original Metroid. I mean, it's strange that Samus knows how to Shinespark and wall-jump, despite the fact that in Metroid Fusion she said that it was the Dachora and Etecoons who taught her these abilities.

I know they didn't...they just re-released it...and the re-release of it has its own manual from the same place where the SNES got their manual…which is the same thing you guys have been using to say she is invincible…this manual is newer though and doesn’t say that at all…
Tell me. Why does new replace old here?

If Lucas was the only match over this...you might have a point...but considering how Samus has gotten wins on both the Mario Bros. over the so called fact that once she starts running she can't be stopped is real BS...
It's kind of hard to hit someone moving 1 mile per second.

How can you guys still think she is invincible when the same game that says it is proven wrong with game play from bosses (not grunts)

...and how can you guys still think she is invincible when the foes that use it as well...aren't invincible?
Your tool assisted program is unacceptable. I'm sorry, but it's just hacking. You said it was just slowed down. The description does say:

"Tool Assisted - these games are played using a emulator at super slow speeds and save states. The goal is to provide entertainment by showing off game glitches and beating the game as fast as possible."

It's plural. Because the game does not originally have Serris take any damage while he is speed boosting his way in the water, one would need to make it possible to harm Serris to avoid wasting any time, especially for a speed run.

Of course...I still like how you think Samus' speed booster is my only issue here...**** I'm in disagreement about the so called "invincibility" between the Mario, Zelda, DK, Sonic, and Fire Emblem games as well...
Get on Ganondorf's *** while you're at it.

“These boots allow you to reach higher places”
So what does that say? How do they allow you to reach higher places? Are they just bigger boots?
It means what it says. Why does it need to mean anything else?

So…how come they just didn’t use the scans from the SNES booklet if they were correct? Instead they rewrote the thing…
You act as if this is the only game they did this for. Look at other games and compare them to the instruction booklets. Why didn't they just scan them?

Ah no…they got their source from the same area that the SNES one got…right from Nintendo…so how come they aren’t the same?
Ask Nintendo.

I don’t have to translate it at all…the SNES instruction booklet is getting the info from the same place that the Wii version is getting their info from…right from Nintendo…an official source…why are they so different in wording if they are suppose to be the same thing from an official source?
Good question. And notice every word isn't verbatim. I still wonder why you continue to express your opinion on thinking that something that is missing must be equivalent to contradiction.

_clinton

Smash Master
That wasn't even the Japanese version of the Super Metroid Instruction Booklet.
I’m sorry…it’s pretty easy to get mixed up about something when you posted it 800 posts back…I’m so sorry for saying a “reference card” is a “manual” of some kind…

Prove it.
So…I like how they ****ed up explaining the space jump for the SNES booklet for what should have been done in less than 10 words…instead it was like 30…and the hi-jump boots…oh and I also like how they have to repeat the item in the description while talking about it…I mean…they just make things longer than they have to be…

It doesn't mean anything. Why do you assume it does?
You’d think they wouldn’t want to change the wording so much in it to the point where they change the definition..

The Wii Version doesn't care about the rest.
Possibly because the rest isn’t there to them…notice how the speed booster is the one who loses the most by them throwing out invincibility?

By doing that…they flat out changed the meaning behind the move…far more than the screw attack, space jump, and hi-jump boots did from your examples…**** at least those things are still pretty much the same…

They clearly had room to add more in there if they wanted to…instead the definition of it actually matches the game play (notice how again I’m pointing out that the one boss where you could truly use the Speed booster on…that isn’t a glitch…ends in failure…because the Bosses Samus fights are a bit more powerful than the common “bat/spiny bug” that Samus finds 90% of the time otherwise)

The Metroid: Zero Mission Instruction Booklet would be an original. In comparison to Metroid for the NES, it's not the original. After all, the items that appear in Metroid: Zero Mission never made an appearance in the original Metroid. I mean, it's strange that Samus knows how to Shinespark and wall-jump, despite the fact that in Metroid Fusion she said that it was the Dachora and Etecoons who taught her these abilities.
It’s not like Dachora and Etecoons is the only oversight the series ****ed up at working with…but at least they are a small one…as for a BIG one…Ridley comes to mind and how the prime series comes canon wise before Super Metroid…but…guess what…Ridley is more machine in the prime series than what he is in Super Metroid…of course…there is some info talked about in the Manga about Ridley and eating stuff which might explain it…but there is no official statement about the issue as far as what I’ve seen…

Of course…I also like how you overlook the fact that Dachora and Etecoons lived on the same planet Samus lived on for most of her life…before her Zero Mission…

Tell me. Why does new replace old here?
Why doesn’t it? It’s a newer cleaner version of the same thing…

It's kind of hard to hit someone moving 1 mile per second.
So…Mario and Luigi are slow to you? It’s not like Samus would be their 1st fast foe that they are fighting with…it’s not like they aren’t use to dealing with stuff that moves beyond the word of fast…

Your tool assisted program is unacceptable. I'm sorry, but it's just hacking. You said it was just slowed down. The description does say:

"Tool Assisted - these games are played using a emulator at super slow speeds and save states. The goal is to provide entertainment by showing off game glitches and beating the game as fast as possible."

It's plural. Because the game does not originally have Serris take any damage while he is speed boosting his way in the water, one would need to make it possible to harm Serris to avoid wasting any time, especially for a speed run.
Again…the only glitch that he/she takes advantage of like I said before is he seems to be abusing is the morph ball hover trick…he/she isn’t breaking any rules in regards to boss fight game mechs…I mean…why don’t you actually look at what his/her rules are for that video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xroqahxuGI
- Aims for fastest time
- Items: 100%
- Takes damage to save time
- Abuses programming errors in the game
- Manipulates luck
I mean…If he was breaking the rules like you seem to think he is…why waste time on the Core-X’s invincibility that he/she fights as well? Just pump it full of missile like he/she does to the bosses…

So…again…the only programming errors that the guy/gal takes advantage of is the Morph ball’s…you are the one saying that Serris was invincible while speed boosting according to the game’s programming…but that video and the picture I made of it…says otherwise…especially the 2nd shot (Serris was still glowing for sure when it hit him on the head…you could maybe debate the 1st hit because of where he loses his invincibility at the start of the fight in the 1st place…but not the 2nd one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLRv2BTr67M&feature=related

Get on Ganondorf's *** while you're at it.
I have been arguing about him in case you haven’t noticed it…the fact that he has so many wins when there are so many characters packing far more god power/god killing power than he is…but he is still winning…is just sad…

It means what it says. Why does it need to mean anything else?
Because what the SNES one is saying sets it up for having multiple meanings based off its description…fun fact about making up terms to describe something…It’s a good idea to make sure that they make sense and that their two parts can exist without the help of the other… which…that simple thing…isn’t done with the SNES booklet…in far more than one area in case you didn’t get that so far…

Hi-Jump boots-These boots allow you to jump higher
Hi-Jump boots-These boots allow you to reach higher places
One of those doesn’t work by itself with the two definitions…it calls upon the reader to add to its definition…

Why didn't they just scan them?
I guess it might be when looking at it further…the Wii has different controls …but if they wanted to…they could have gone with the exact wording in the booklets after they explain how the controls/system are different…I’ve seen other games do that so far without any issue…

Good question. And notice every word isn't verbatim. I still wonder why you continue to express your opinion on thinking that something that is missing must be equivalent to contradiction.
It’s true…I notice that every word isn’t verbatim…
However, I also notice that some are so different they effectively say something completely different from what the other says…

warpd

Smash Apprentice
I read somewhere that the Prime series was not actually part of the main Metroid story line, but it is really just a sub-series.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
inb4necrophile

Yeah, it's Weegee. Too many items and variations in strategy. Plus, stopping time is fun, especially when Link isn't fast at all.

_clinton

Smash Master
Well...I think Weegee wins for reasons other than the so called stopping of time (which btw again...canon wise...only Mario has shown real control over various dimension walking...most of the items in that game are clearly not that accurate to what happens in them)

Of course...I have to question how much someone who is labeled the "Hero of Time" will be affected by such a thing like time stop anyway (we are using that Link right? I forget because we have like 4 different Link's that have been in the smash games for this topic...despite the fact that it would be easier to make them the same one considering how they all are "the same one" to a point)

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Link was called the Hero of Time because he traveled between his young self and adult self with the Ocarina of Time and Temple of Time in order to stop Ganondorf. His ability to control time at will is...well, not really great at all.

We're using either OoT Link or TP Link.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Okay, next MU.

vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE DARK SPACE WOLF Vs. THE WINGED ANGEL

Wolf Vs. Pit

:wolf: Vs. :pit:

Round 5, Match 8.

Overall Results

Wins +5:

:ganondorf:

Wins +4:

:samus2:, :ike:, :fox:, :ness2:

Wins +3:

:mario2:

Wins +2:

:bowser2:, :sonic:, :peach:, :luigi2:

Wins +1:

:wolf:, :snake:, :diddy:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :pit:, :mewtwo:

Neutral:

:lucas:, :marth:, :dk2:, :falco:, :pt:, :link2:

Loss -1:

:roymelee:, :metaknight:, :lucario:, :falcon:, :wario:, :pikachu:, :pichu:

Loss -2:

:kirby2:, :zelda:

Loss -3:

:zerosuitsamus:, :dedede:, :jigglypuff:, :yoshi2:

Loss -4:

:popo:, :olimar:

Loss -5:

:gw:, :rob:

_clinton

Smash Master
Link was called the Hero of Time because he traveled between his young self and adult self with the Ocarina of Time and Temple of Time in order to stop Ganondorf. His ability to control time at will is...well, not really great at all.

We're using either OoT Link or TP Link.
Actually...while OoT's ability to control time at will is limited...he does have items that allows him to abuse said affect...I mean...how do you think the master sword allows him to travel through time in the 1st place...and TP Link has this happen when dealing with him as well...

Plus...the ToC does seem to do it's worth in protecting from certain things...

Oh and...Pit for current MU IMO

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Actually...while OoT's ability to control time at will is limited...he does have items that allows him to abuse said affect...I mean...how do you think the master sword allows him to travel through time in the 1st place...and TP Link has this happen when dealing with him as well...
TP Link travels through time? What

Sorry, I wasn't aware there was a random pedestal that would allow Link to become Young again if he places his Master Sword in it. His spirit was trapped for seven years to fit the Master Sword, so he can only travel seven years in time. No pedestal anywhere means the Sword is null in time traveling. Ocarina of Time barely affects time as well. Inverse and Sped up Song of Times don't affect opponents, do they?

EDIT: I'd like to question the Mario v Samus MU. If Samus is invincible while Mario isn't (but still has a very strong defense), if Samus can inflict damage while not taking damage at all, in theory Samus will eventually beat Mario.

That should very well be a win for Samus.

_clinton

Smash Master
TP Link travels through time? What
Yeah he does...guess where he gets the "Domination Rod" at? After using the master sword to open up the entrance to the temple of time...

No pedestal anywhere means the Sword is null in time traveling.
I never said that Link was going to be time traveling in this match...I said he would be immune to the effects of time use from other fighters...due to how the master sword, the ToC, and ocarina of time are greatly able to affect/resist the fun stuff that happens with time/other things (you can't tell me the ToC doesn't protect Link from certain things)

Ocarina of Time barely affects time as well.
No...I think being able to warp objects through other parts of space (OoT), speed up (MM), slow down (MM), and pass through time (MM) is a pretty impressive power...as for how the speeding up, and slowing of time go...they clearly don't want the game to be too easy/too hard

Of course...the issue of use or not when talking about OoT Adult Link can use most of them freely is up for debate...because I certainly think he can't...they are more of an "auto-protect" skill...

BTW...I still want to know why you think Luigi and several other Mario characters can stop time when the only Mario character that has been able to deal with using various movements of dimensions such as time has been Mario...
For a real situation...If you think how anyone in the Mushroom Kingdom can somehow buy a time stop thing...then what is the point of Mario's special skill for the SPM?
Which btw...there is another issue...you want to know where SMB2/SPM setting is located? It's in a dream/In between Dimensions...I wonder what that tells me?
Other than the fact...that like the Vibe Island in Super Princess Peach...various powers are only tied to that location right there...

EDIT: I'd like to question the Mario v Samus MU. If Samus is invincible while Mario isn't (but still has a very strong defense), if Samus can inflict damage while not taking damage at all, in theory Samus will eventually beat Mario.
I'd like to question the Samus MU stats in general with invincibility and how you guys still think she is able to be that...despite all the things saying she isn't...like the description for the one thing you guys had being cut for the re-release...

Of course...I still want to know how you think Samus being able to plow through foes that are overall for the most part smaller than her and very weak on top of that...but can't do it to various foes that actually has some bulk/power on it...

What makes you think Mario couldn't stop her when it's clear he can lift things that are pretty insane/move like that if he has to as well...

Or for that matter many other characters...
Ness/Lucas fight various foes the size of a mountain or so...and can stop them with their powers/use their TK powers on them...what makes you think they couldn't stop Samus from running around attempting to just run her foes over?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pit has a mirror shield and stuff right? What can he do again? We've discussed it in the matchup vs Lucario and Pikachu, and there was a big list posted of Pit's abilities... However, after the Mewtwo vs Fox match up, I think the Star Fox characters are going to be pretty high. Landmasters, barriers, snipers and stuff... Can Pit handle that?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Yeah he does...guess where he gets the "Domination Rod" at? After using the master sword to open up the entrance to the temple of time...
That doorway? Prove it, please.
I never said that Link was going to be time traveling in this match...I said he would be immune to the effects of time use from other fighters...due to how the master sword, the ToC, and ocarina of time are greatly able to affect/resist the fun stuff that happens with time/other things (you can't tell me the ToC doesn't protect Link from certain things)
Yes, I can >_>
IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. Link is not immune to time especially when the effects of time are seen on him.
No...I think being able to warp objects through other parts of space (OoT), speed up (MM), slow down (MM), and pass through time (MM) is a pretty impressive power...as for how the speeding up, and slowing of time go...they clearly don't want the game to be too easy/too hard
He warps what, that one block with a symbol on it?
He slows down time and opponents aren't affected?
Pass through time by several hours isn't a big deal, really.
Speeding it up is.... so?

dunno 'bout stopwatch
I'd like to question the Samus MU stats in general with invincibility and how you guys still think she is able to be that...despite all the things saying she isn't...like the description for the one thing you guys had being cut for the re-release...
Stop trying to argue this. It's pointless when everyone else is disagreeing with you.
What makes you think Mario couldn't stop her when it's clear he can lift things that are pretty insane/move like that if he has to as well...
Because she's invincible...
Or for that matter many other characters...
Ness/Lucas fight various foes the size of a mountain or so...and can stop them with their powers/use their TK powers on them...what makes you think they couldn't stop Samus from running around attempting to just run her foes over?
Invincibility...
Besides, she isn't trying to run them over, she's shooting them. Unless they get in their way, since it would probably hurt to be run over by 200 lb+ person running a mile a second.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wasn't the Wolfen like twice as powerful as the Arwing? Generally, bosses tend to be stronger than the actual playable characters. Wolf will likely end above Fox in the tier list, but not by a lot.

I can see Mewtwo beating Pit by using Toxic, and a Calm Mind staller set. Still think Lucario should've won from Pit because of that, and Mewtwo vs Fox should be a draw.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
Pit is probably the only character with the abiltiy to camp and stall at the same time, and without the use of a vehicle. I think that's why he beat Lucario.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Could be, but what if Pit get's poisioned? Toxic does more damage after every turn and Pit cannot heal it...

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
I doubt he'd get hit by Toxic in the air.. and even if he did, it's still possible to heal while toxiced.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toxic hits flying Pokemon as well. I'm going for the _clinton logic here... Even if they aren't shown to move around, RPG characters very well should be able to do that. Also, in the 3D games Toxic is ranged.

And how can Pit heal? He might restore damage, but not cure the poison.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
Wait, RPG characters weren't allowed to move? That's bull****.

Anyways, yeah, Pit has alot of healing weapons so I heard. He'll just restore a ton of damage.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
@Powerbomb

You get the Dominion Rod in the Temple of Time. Link gets the sword from the Sacred grove. When you go into the ToT, there's a entryway that leads to a room with the pedestal. These rooms are exactly like the Sacred Grove. The Sacred Grove has ruins and such around it. It's heavily implied that the door that link goes through takes him back in time to the preserved ToT.

However, its not the power of the Master Sword really. Just the door really (which you need the Master Sword to get to). The point is, the Master Sword doesn't provide the user with time travel. The Ocarina kind of does, but barely.

:034:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
@Powerbomb

You get the Dominion Rod in the Temple of Time. Link gets the sword from the Sacred grove. When you go into the ToT, there's a entryway that leads to a room with the pedestal. These rooms are exactly like the Sacred Grove. The Sacred Grove has ruins and such around it. It's heavily implied that the door that link goes through takes him back in time to the preserved ToT.

However, its not the power of the Master Sword really. Just the door really (which you need the Master Sword to get to). The point is, the Master Sword doesn't provide the user with time travel. The Ocarina kind of does, but barely.

So Link doesn't have LOLMASTERY over time, correct?

Even the Harp of Ages is limited ;)

_clinton

Smash Master
That doorway? Prove it, please.
Are you asking to prove that Link went back in time in that game because of the master sword opening that door up...or something else?

Because I'm pretty sure it's clear that Link traveled back in time in that game...

Yes, I can >_>
IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. Link is not immune to time especially when the effects of time are seen on him.
Link is not fully immune to time...I'll admit that you have 1/2 a point when looking at how he can't stop himself from growing younger in OoT...

However, he isn't fully affected by it either (which just so you are clear...that is what I've been saying)...notice for example on how he is mentally aware of what is going on in dealing with it
-He's aware that time started over 3 days in MM
-He's aware of what happens in the future with OoT

He warps what, that one block with a symbol on it?
And do you get what that is saying and how it is a big deal?

He slows down time and opponents aren't affected?
Again…because the game would be too easy if they did get affected by it…it not like the game doesn’t give the hint that they would logically be affected by it if it weren’t for various game mechs.

Various NPCs that follow a “schedule” like what happens in the Boomer’s Notebook happen to affected by it…which include the ones that would be foes for Link…like a certain bandit that wants to steal a bomb bag…or a certain group of “aliens” and two brothers that summoned them…

BTW…I like how the certain brothers aren’t affected by slowing down time when you try your hands at horse racing…

Pass through time by several hours isn't a big deal, really.
Speeding it up is.... so?
Speeding it up was what the Song of Double time implies…passing through time is what happens when you play the song of time normally in that game…

Stop trying to argue this. It's pointless when everyone else is disagreeing with you.
The only thing you guys have that says the speed booster is invincibility is one very badly done sentence in the SNES instruction booklet…for a game that doesn’t agree with it based off game play…and isn’t even repeated for the re-release…or the other two games it is from…god at least there is some constancy with what the other upgrades say for the newer games…you don’t see the space jump for other games pulling something like that…

And also…how is it that…one of Samus’ strongest weapons…the screw attack…doesn’t make her invincible…but a thing like the speed booster…usually gotten much earlier…is somehow doing it?

Besides, she isn't trying to run them over, she's shooting them. Unless they get in their way, since it would probably hurt to be run over by 200 lb+ person running a mile a second.
It would probably hurt to be stomped on by over by around at least a 300,000 lb psychic dinosaur as well (yes, on top of that…the thing has psychic powers)…but Ness can shake that off just fine…

And I still want to know why you think Samus would be able to use the speed booster before she is blinded, confused, paralyzed, or outright beaten by their main telepathic attack…all of which options would be bad for her if it happened…you are aware that using the power suit takes a great deal of concentration canon wise…if anything should work on her…it would be telepathic powers…

So Link doesn't have LOLMASTERY over time, correct?
This is funny...I never said Link had mastery over time...I only said that his items would protect him from the effects of people using it on him...or "other" like in Majora's Mask...and the master sword is again…the key to it…it’s how you become a kid again, it’s using it that allowed Link access to the past (btw…more than one thing happens in there with that sword)

Even the Harp of Ages is limited ;)
Please tell me how you think it is...I really want to know how you think it is…and I still want to know how you think Luigi or for that matter any other Mario character except Mario can deal with altering dimensional planes...because again...if anyone can just do it...what is the point of Mario's power for SPM?

Right. My post meant to answer your question/ help you in your fight against Clinton/ignorance, rather than to argue.

I like how this is coming from someone who thinks Ganondorf is at the top in this thread...despite how almost all of the other characters are packing god powers that are either greater than his...

Or have others that have beaten a god like being of some sort...

Man that is funny...btw...your idea of repelling evil and how you are just trying to make Ganondorf sound stronger than he really is (He is powerless before "his" series gods...just saying...if you think he isn't...then I just like how he wanted Hyrule to be flooded don't you?) The fact that something that is "holy"...pretty much does that w/o any issue...by definition...just look at any other part of fiction/real life examples when things were crazy...

Also...I still want to know why you think the Sage's Sword was holy...and didn't work on him...despite the fact that it is the sages that are the ones who powered up the Master Sword in OoT/WW to allow Link to give a smack down to Ganon/dorf in the 1st place...

I mean...you are aware that the Sage's for that game had no idea that Ganondorf had the ToP in him...right?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Are you asking to prove that Link went back in time in that game because of the master sword opening that door up...or something else?

Because I'm pretty sure it's clear that Link traveled back in time in that game...
Yeah, Ganonsburg answered it...
Link is not fully immune to time...I'll admit that you have 1/2 a point when looking at how he can't stop himself from growing younger in OoT...

However, he isn't fully affected by it either (which just so you are clear...that is what I've been saying)...notice for example on how he is mentally aware of what is going on in dealing with it
-He's aware that time started over 3 days in MM
-He's aware of what happens in the future with OoT
Oh joy, he has a brain that can store memories and respond to stimuli encountered in ____ era.
And do you get what that is saying and how it is a big deal?
How is it a big deal? He warps one thing that isn't in this fight. It's not a big deal.
Again…because the game would be too easy if they did get affected by it…it not like the game doesn’t give the hint that they would logically be affected by it if it weren’t for various game mechs.

Various NPCs that follow a “schedule” like what happens in the Boomer’s Notebook happen to affected by it…which include the ones that would be foes for Link…like a certain bandit that wants to steal a bomb bag…or a certain group of “aliens” and two brothers that summoned them…

BTW…I like how the certain brothers aren’t affected by slowing down time when you try your hands at horse racing…
THAT would be stupidity in the form of a game mechanic. I'll assume it affects everyone since friendly fire is apparently on.
Speeding it up was what the Song of Double time implies…passing through time is what happens when you play the song of time normally in that game…
I know, I know. Speeding up time isn't very useful, and going back in time three days to the last Owl Statue you were at is useless in this.

The LOLMASTERY thing was not directed at you. It was a simple question.

Not answering anything about Speed Booster, waste of my time. Stop arguing it.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Man that is funny...btw...your idea of repelling evil and how you are just trying to make Ganondorf sound stronger than he really is (He is powerless before "his" series gods...just saying...if you think he isn't...then I just like how he wanted Hyrule to be flooded don't you?) The fact that something that is "holy"...pretty much does that w/o any issue...by definition...just look at any other part of fiction/real life examples when things were crazy...

Also...I still want to know why you think the Sage's Sword was holy...and didn't work on him...despite the fact that it is the sages that are the ones who powered up the Master Sword in OoT/WW to allow Link to give a smack down to Ganon/dorf in the 1st place...

I mean...you are aware that the Sage's for that game had no idea that Ganondorf had the ToP in him...right?
At your second paragraph, you assume that all holy things hurt Ganon. If you didn't start with that assumption, maybe you would understand things a bit clearer.

I don't see what the 3rd paragraph has to do with anything. Stop creating arguments that have nothing to do with anything.

Its not that the gods were holy that they could beat him, its that they were ultimately more powerful than he. They sent a flood and trapped him in time. They didn't kill him. And ultimately, that bond didn't hold. He was able to get out of it.

The sword of the sages was holy. The mirror they had was given to them by the gods, as was the sword.

Stop beating the dead horse. We've already discussed it.

BSP

Smash Legend
Woah, haven't been in for a while, but doesn't look like I missed too much.

Someone needs to hack/cheat PS3/360 of unleashed to figure out Sonic's maximum ring count (if any).

So, Wolf's just like Fox, except his wolfen is a little better than the Arwing. He doesn't have a landmaster though. What does Pit have?

REL38

Smash Lord
@Clinton

What you're trying to justify, Clinton, is that deities, gods and near godlike beings are able to harm each other.

Perhaps in Greek mythology, but everyone of these characters are from completely different universes, in no way interlocked with each other outside of individual series/associated series.

The gods of Hyrule =/= the gods of Fire Emblem

By definition, they are all gods. But that hardly means they can kill each other.
The main stay reason being is that they aren't related in any way, shape or form aside from definition. Being gods.

What you're suggesting is that a near godlike being, Ganon, who can only be vanquished in "so and so" manner by "so and so" person can go against canon by being harmed by another being that has defeated a deity. Thusly, not being true to Ganon's games.

Mario defeated near godlike Bowser, but he only did so by having the specific tool needed to cancel out the Star Rod's power. The Star Spirits' Star Beam.

Characters such as Ike, Ganon and Bowser's Invincibility can only be harmed/canceled given the required tool needed or via some loophole.
Fox has apparently killed some god, but he cannot harm Bowser's Invincibility or bypass the Star Rod's power. He lacks the essential tool for doing so. The Star Beam.

There are characters that have killed or harmed deities, but if canon states "so and so" can only be harmed by a specific tool, then anyone who doesn't have the tool lacks the ability to harm the invulnerable opponent.

Ex. Mario can't do jack against Ike.
He lacks the specific blessing of a FE deity.
Without that, absolutely none of Mario's assaults will harm Ike.
He lacks that specific tool stated by canon.

Ness cannot kill Invincible Bowser.
He lacks the specific tool to cancel the Star Rod's power. The Star Beam.
Without it, none of his attacks will hurt Bowser.
He lacks that specific tool stated by canon.

Power of the Land =/= Star Beam
Master Sword =/= Yuna's Blessing
Light Beam =/= Ganon - B - Gone

Canon states otherwise.

By definition, these are loosely related.
But that's only by definition.

Yuna =/= Star Spirits

By definition, yes.
By canon, no.

@MU

I doubt Pit's arrows can damage the Landmaster's haul or barrier or w/e.
The shield could potentially block laser blasts.
Doesn't Pit have a flight limit or something?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm really curious as to why people say 'oh Skitty and Wailord' when Wailord can mate with all sorts of random stuff such as Diglitt and Buneary.

Seriously, if you take a look at the way Pokemon mate, you'll realize everything is interlocked in some ****ed up way. Kind of justifies Wailord and Skitty, as they're not the only example.

Deliberd has the most obscene matings. It mates with a huge portion of the Pokemon >_>

_clinton

Smash Master
Oh joy, he has a brain that can store memories and respond to stimuli encountered in ____ era.
I like how you think Link’s brain isn’t a part of his body that would be affected by him traveling through time (I mean…WTF makes you think it isn’t?)…you are aware that if the time travel was to work like it should normally…Link wouldn’t be aware of what happens in 7 years time…because tech. he wouldn’t have experienced the events yet…

How is it a big deal? He warps one thing that isn't in this fight. It's not a big deal.
Dude…he is altering ONLY that point of time/space when he makes those blocks appear…he isn’t affected everything like you would think he would…

THAT would be stupidity in the form of a game mechanic. I'll assume it affects everyone since friendly fire is apparently on.
Then explain how it doesn’t affect Link? He is aware of what is going on…if he was subject to the same rules as everyone else in the lands…you wouldn’t be able to beat the game for one thing…because you’d have to spend 3 days figuring out that the moon is going to fall…

Oh…and I hardly consider the Gorman Brother’s and “aliens” to be a part of the idea of “friendly” fire…

I know, I know. Speeding up time isn't very useful,
How so? Maybe in something like this…but in a non fighting situation…

going back in time three days to the last Owl Statue you were at is useless in this.
Dude…it only chose to send him back 3 days…in case you don’t get it by that cutscene when you play the game…it could have sent him back to whatever point it wanted…

The LOLMASTERY thing was not directed at you. It was a simple question.
So…why did you think he would have mastery of time?

Not answering anything about Speed Booster, waste of my time. Stop arguing it.
You’d rather believe whatever you want about it I see instead of what all the facts say about it not being invincibility…man I like how you can think that it is such a thing in a series like Metroid…which
A. Has it only said once and never repeated, I mean…you’d think they would like to stay consistent with the move don’t you when they have talked about it 4 times? Especially when they don’t really change the meanings behind any of the other moves with the Wii version of the game where you got the idea that it was invincible from…of course…it’s still funny that said game doesn’t support it within the game play…
B. How can you still ignore the fact that the series itself gives logical meaning behind what happens with a good % of the moves? Even if those things are blown out of proportion (Samus packing a nuke in a single weapon) they do use “real-life” terms to give meaning to the stuff…they don’t go around saying that something is “magical” last I checked…the most farfetched bounds they step into is “psychic” which considering how it is in a sci-fi setting…it isn’t that bad…
C. Explain to me how other official sources for that time…don’t say it makes you invincible when they talk about it? They just say that it at best gives a hint to “supersonic speed” for one of them…because even what they say has issues (time for one)
http://www.metroid-database.com/sm/NP59pg36-37.jpg
http://www.metroid-database.com/sm/NP60pg008-009.jpg
D. I still want to know how Samus is going to handle a mental assault on her…

At your second paragraph, you assume that all holy things hurt Ganon. If you didn't start with that assumption, maybe you would understand things a bit clearer.
Dude…your counter for that is that the item in question has to repel evil…please explain to me how the “holy/sacred element” doesn’t do that just?
The point of said stuff behind it in any fiction here in this thread is that it would “protect you from evil”

I don't see what the 3rd paragraph has to do with anything. Stop creating arguments that have nothing to do with anything.
The 3rd “paragraph” proves my point…the Sages had no idea who they were dealing with based off what the game script says…they just assumed Ganondorf was “normal”…they had no idea that he was blessed with the goddess’ power…they just assumed he was a jerk ***…

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/928519/46446
SAGES
He was the leader of a band of thieves who invaded Hyrule in the hopes of
establishing dominion over the Sacred Realm.
He was known as a demon thief, an evil-magic wielder renowned for his
ruthlessness...
But he was blind...
In all of his fury and might, he was blind to any danger, and thus was exposed,
subdued, and brought to justice.
Yet...
By some divine prank, he, too, had been blessed with the chosen power of the
gods.
His abiding hatred and lust for power turned to purest malice...
Perhaps that evil power has been passed on to Zant...
Its not that the gods were holy that they could beat him, its that they were ultimately more powerful than he. They sent a flood and trapped him in time. They didn't kill him. And ultimately, that bond didn't hold. He was able to get out of it.
Dude…that is just it…they only sent a flood to get rid of him…its like they just flexed a muscle one time…and he was out for 100 years…

It’s not like they couldn’t have just gone down there themselves and beat the **** out of him if they wanted to…but…the question is…do they really truly care about the people that worship them? I really don’t think so…considering how they are ok with flooding the world…killing who else but them knows how many…instead of taking matters into their own hands…matters which are their own true fault when you think about it…I mean…why leave behind an artifact that contains a small amount of their power anyway? If anything…I think they enjoy ****ing things up…if they are anything like the Greek Gods…

The sword of the sages was holy.
Where is the proof that it was holy? Really…according to Zelda in that same game…the sages created the Master Sword…

ZELDA
What binds him is a different magic than what transformed him when he first
passed the curtain of twilight. It is an evil power.
Our world is one of balance... Just as there is light to drive away darkness,
so, too, is there benevolence to banish evil.
Head for the sacred grove that lies deep within the lands guarded by the spirit
Faron.
There you will find the blade of evil's bane that was crafted by the wisdom of
the ancient sages...the Master Sword.
The Master Sword is a sacred blade that evil can never touch.
Evil cloaks you like a dark veil...and that blade is the only thing that can
cleave it.
Link... Hero sent by the goddesses...
Like you, I have been granted special powers by the goddesses...
You’d think they would use such a sword if they knew that he was packing as much power as he does…they certainly have easier access to it IMO…what with being the ones who made it

What you're trying to justify, Clinton, is that deities, gods and near godlike beings are able to harm each other.
You miss my main point behind it…which is because they do the same stuff…just on different levels…

Perhaps in Greek mythology, but everyone of these characters are from completely different universes, in no way interlocked with each other outside of individual series/associated series.
Except for the fact that they do the same things…

The gods of Hyrule =/= the gods of Fire Emblem
Except for the fact that they both have created said world(s)…really…why do you think “name” matters?

Thusly, not being true to Ganon's games.
How would it not be being true to his game?

He is open to having his *** kicked by things that “fight evil” just because the master sword/Light arrows is the only thing holy in the Zelda Universe…doesn’t mean that they are the only things that would work on him from another universe…

You are pretty much saying things that aren’t true by saying that…because I have yet to see Nintendo say that only this stuff in this universe works…they haven’t addressed the “multi-verse” theory in case you don’t get it...

Mario defeated near godlike Bowser, but he only did so by having the specific tool needed to cancel out the Star Rod's power. The Star Spirits' Star Beam.
And do you know why the Star Beam worked on him? Because it was another “god power” blasting at another “god power”

You can’t tell me they were the exact same things…they only had the exact same principle behind them…

There are characters that have killed or harmed deities, but if canon states "so and so" can only be harmed by a specific tool, then anyone who doesn't have the tool lacks the ability to harm the invulnerable opponent.
And do you know what else they add on whenever they say only “such and such” harms that thing? They give a reason for it…what makes you think something that does the same thing wouldn’t do it as well…

I mean…you are acting like the “grass” on this planet is different only because it doesn’t have the same name…even though it does the same thing…

Ness cannot kill Invincible Bowser.
He lacks the specific tool to cancel the Star Rod's power. The Star Beam.
Without it, none of his attacks will hurt Bowser.
You know…these things work both ways…if you want to keep this BS up…
How is Bowser going to kill him? You are aware that by his “destiny” as well…he can’t lose right?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/588301/34560
(Stone)
'You finally came, Ness.
'Finally, you talk to me.
'Listen Ness.
'I'm going to tell you something very important.
'You may want to take notes.
'Ready?
'You're the chosen one.
'Your destiny is not only yours...
'It's the destiny of the whole universe.
'There will be a time in which all of you in the universe will overlap each
other.
His fate is tied with the universe…if he fails in his quest…everything gets ****ed according to his canon…and it’s the same with Lucas…

So…how is Bowser going to beat that? He has "destiny" itself on his side?
and the player

REL38

Smash Lord
@Clinton

Although they've performed similar feats, that doesn't necessarily make them compatible.

The deities of Hyrule aren't compatible with those of Fire Emblem.
They are from two entirely different universes that aren't connected.
Two completely different games.

That's like saying Zeus can measure up to the Islamic god, Allah.
Both are gods, correct?
But they come from two vastly different systems of methodoology that they aren't compatible.
In other words, two different "universes".
Allah and Zeus have never had any association with one another.
The roots of their origin differ as well.

Comparing Yuna and some Water god-thing (forgets name) doesn't work as they aren't compatible.
There are less gods in FE to my understanding wherelse LoZ has more deities.
Roles are vastly different and neither have any association with the other.
Their entire origin are from different universes.

What you're doing is taking PS3 and 360 discs and trying to play em' in a Wii.
Both are, by definition, games. But they aren't compatible when played together.
They have subtle differences.

Wherelse if you tried comparing Zeus with Aeres, then that works. They are both from the same "universe" so to speak. They have direct association with one another. Thusly compatible.

To my understanding with Ganon, anything that repels evil can hurt him. According to Zelda canon, the Master Sword and Light Arrows fit the criteria to harm Ganon. Anyone correct if I'm wrong.
Unless this "power to repel evil" must follow a specific method of implementation, then more leeway can be allowed. If not, then tough luck.

Only the Star Spirits are capable of canceling the Star Rod.
Only they posses the power to do so. Not simply that they're deities, but only they posses such ability.
Just like how Regigigas is the only Pokemon capable of pulling continents.
Only Regigigas has the ability to do so. Arceus can't.
You're assuming
power = abilities
when that isn't necessarily the case.

Ness' "destiny"?
So it's just a "good guys never lose" arguement, huh?
That's tied heavily with the storyline which was defeat Giygas.
In essence, save the world is his destiny.

As a result, his destiny is already accomplished.
it holds no weight in these MU's.

_clinton

Smash Master
Although they've performed similar feats, that doesn't necessarily make them compatible.
Explain why we are arguing in this thread then? We are assuming that if such and such meant…it would have to mean that we assume that their “universes” connected with each other in the 1st place…in case you don’t get it…each character is the respected “hero/villain/chump” for their universe…as in they each have their own “role”…what gives us the right to assume one universe is better, as in…why remove their “role” that they have in favor of another?

Which BTW, you know that is what we are doing by assuming that characters that perform the same “general role” are “different”…even though they do the same thing

The deities of Hyrule aren't compatible with those of Fire Emblem.
They are from two entirely different universes that aren't connected.
Two completely different games.
Two completely different games that have been merged together to see which would win…it’s perfectly reasonable to compare and contrast roles considering how they do the same thing…oh and the “gods” of Fire Emblem are hardly the same…Ike, Roy, and Marth have completely different story lines…

Wherelse if you tried comparing Zeus with Aeres, then that works. They are both from the same "universe" so to speak. They have direct association with one another. Thusly compatible.
That works out just fine when comparing something from the same universe…but why compare Link vs. Ganon when you already know who is going to win for the most part? That is boring…and only works with them…because again…you have clear facts…you can avoid having to assume things…but you can’t do that at all with most of these match ups you know…you have to assume things…if you are going to do these…

To my understanding with Ganon, anything that repels evil can hurt him. According to Zelda canon, the Master Sword and Light Arrows fit the criteria to harm Ganon. Anyone correct if I'm wrong.
The Master Sword and Light Arrows are the only “holy” things in the universe most of the time…the magical sword and the silver arrows have been on his hurt list…and just about anything can knock him down…

It’s unfair to assume that the other characters in other universes…some who have FAR more power/have done more…are going to be worthless when dealing with him…when he can’t even beat his universe’s gods…

(Oh and despite what certain people think…him being a mindless monster in OoA/OoS is still a lot worse than other games where he has a mind…in those games he was just going to destroy freely…at least in the others he wanted to be “ruler”)

Only Regigigas has the ability to do so. Arceus can't.
Arceus made the worlds…he could just rearrange them again if he wanted to...why pull them?

Ness' "destiny"?
So it's just a "good guys never lose" arguement, huh?
That's tied heavily with the storyline which was defeat Giygas.
In essence, save the world is his destiny.

As a result, his destiny is already accomplished.
it holds no weight in these MU's.[/COLOR]
Funny…Bowser lost the star rod…yet we allow him to use it…it’s clear his “destiny to lose it” has already been in play…yet we are breaking the rules of their canon in case you get that…in that we would assume they would have it still…even though it is clear they don’t…it's unfair to pull the complete canon of one over another...and then not do it to the same...is what I'm saying...

Oh and it’s hardly just a “good guys never lose” argument…his power really is linked with his canon universe…and because his series has flat out gone and said that the power is “god-power” in more ways than one (dropping clear hints about what it is...and then they finally tell you about it after enough hints)…tell me how you don't think he wouldn't just ***** slap Ganondorf...someone who may be using god power...but it is hardly his, and he is clearly at the mercy of said series gods?

Top Bottom