• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Blog Update | Today's Item - Ditto

Ditto_Today.png

The Smash Blog updated tonight, this time showing off the brand new Poké Ball summon, Ditto! Sakurai finally got his transformation idea into the game.

Today's Item
Pokémon: Ditto
Ditto will transform into the fighter who threw the Poké Ball when joining the fight. After the transformation, Ditto will have the exact same abilities as the original fighter!

Author's Note: What do you think of Ditto? What other Pokemon would you like to see? Let us know in the comments!

Tyler Scott Sanchez

Comments

Hopefully this keeps up.

I love seeing videos about random crap in Smash. Like “8 player smash Final Smashes” or “All the things Villager can Pocket!”

Looking forward to see video compilations of all the character’s Ditto forms as well as all the characters inked up by Inkling.

Honestly, Ditto being in Ultimate after being cut from Melee has me more excited than it should. I practically squealed when he appeared in the direct.

I love that they got Ditto to work in Smash. It seems like this forgotten relic of Melee that’s back from the dead.

My one incredibly minor gripe is that I’d have really loved if they made a Ditto model for every character rather than just throwing a purple coat of paint on the standard. I really want to see all of the Smash cast with the derp face.

Also, can we talk about how the DK cast always gets the best expressions?

Now taking bets on what happens when Ditto copies a Kirby who has copied another fighter.
Also how many EVERY DITTO TRANSFORMATION videos there will be on YouTube.

Ditto coming back after being scrapped from Melee gives me hope that the cut Rhythm Heaven character from Smash 4 will actually come to Ultimate

Last edited:
This is my favorite Pokemon in the game and that DK picture in in my top 3 favorite pictures for Smash Ultimate so far.

Honestly, Ditto being in Ultimate after being cut from Melee has me more excited than it should. I practically squealed when he appeared in the direct.
This. I felt a similar feeling when Sukapon was revealed as an assist trophy. We don't even know everything yet but the sheer number of cut ideas and long time fan requests already in the game is staggering.

Now taking bets on what happens when Ditto copies a Kirby who has copied another fighter.
Imagine a Ditto that copied a Kirby that swallowed a Megaman: that's like dividing by zero and multiplying it by infinity. The game should crash.

What would Ditto even concerted doing ? Don’t know much about Ditto but is he suppose to stretch out with his purpled skin or along the lines have a effective attack that will take out maybe about 50% damage or more depending on your scale.

I remember a Melee game guide said years back Ditto was a Pokeball Pokemon. I spent around half an hour trying to get it to show up.

I now know why it never did. Dumb game guide.

I really want to see a Mr. Game and Watch Ditto just so I can see a shiny, purple version of him.

Actually, can we just get rid of one of Mr. Game and Watch's three blue alts and replace it with a nice purple alt? Thanks.

d-don't remove the cyan alt though that's my main

Top Bottom