• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Blog Update | Today's Fighter - Luigi

Luigi_Fighter_of_Day.png

Today's Smash Blog update is for Luigi! Looks like he uses his brand new Poltergust for his throw in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Today's Fighter
#09: Luigi
He can jump higher than his brother, Mario. His Up Special, Super Jump Punch, will gain maximum damage and launching power when hitting the opponent right at the start. It truly is a "Special" move. He also uses his new Poltergust for his throw!

【きょうの思い出】09:ルイージ
初登場は1983年発売の『マリオブラザーズ』で、初めての主役作品は2001年発売の『ルイージマンション』です。ちなみに、Nintendo Switch向けの最新作『ルイージマンション3(仮称)』は2019年発売予定!!

【Today's Flashback 】09:Luigi
Luigi's first appearance is the 1983 Mario Bros. However, the first time he was a protagonist was in the 2001 title, Luigi's Mansion. Did you know that Luigi's Mansion 3 is releasing on the Switch in 2019?!!

Translation courtesy of Source Gaming.

Author's Note: What do you think of Luigi's new throw? Let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
Tyler Scott Sanchez

Comments

huh, well that's a cool way to incorporate it I suppose. I'm surprised they didn't just blatantly just show his new grab in his half minute promotional, but at least he got something notable to his best selling series.

That's pretty cool for Luigi, my cousin used to main Luigi until he switched over to Toonlink but seeing him use his poltergust from the Luigi's mansion series really reflects his character. I am gonna look forward to seeing the game release. >w0

Nice, Tyler.

I need his final smash to be The Poltergust still, but also he's doing Negative Zone while doing it, so if he doesn't kill with the vacuum, they end up with weird effects anyway.

Please and thank you, Massive Hero: Soccerguy

No! They should have showcased Luigi (and Yoshi) last on the blog, like the Everyone is Here trailer. Oh well. With that being said, it's cool that the Poltergeist is incorporated into his moveset more via grabbing.

That's really sick, I always loved Luigi as like just a screw around character, but he seems actually pretty good (Kinda)

A new final smash would be cool, as long as it’s not the Negative Zone! However it does say “new” poltergeist. So maybe it’s the plunger as the grab and the vacuum as the final smash. Either way I’m pretty excited about this change

A new final smash would be cool, as long as it’s not the Negative Zone! However it does say “new” poltergeist. So maybe it’s the plunger as the grab and the vacuum as the final smash. Either way I’m pretty excited about this change
I think having the same final smash for Luigi would be a little dumb, for one having two poltergeists is already confusing, but why not have the NEW one to promote Luigi's mansion 3 instead of having as some obscure reference in his grab

Yeah, it's his throw, not grab. I don't know how most people didn't interpret that correctly.

In traditional fighting games, isn't it common to refer to the "grab, then throw" package as just a "throw"? In that light, I could see the blog post meaning that same use of the word – he grabs and throws with the Poltergust.

This arguably makes more sense than the interpretation of it being for exclusively throw(s) and not the grab, since it says "throw" (singular). Smash characters don't have "a" throw; they have four – so it's not entirely accurate to say that Luigi does anything for "his throw."

Top Bottom