• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Smash at The Geek Group

Smash at The Geek Group
Posted by Anasazi
The Geek Group
Friday, October 26, 2018 - 05:00 PM
Until: Friday, October 26, 2018 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Anasazi

Smash Rookie
Welcome to Smash at The Geek Group!
This is a weekly local for Melee/PM in the GR area featuring a double elimination bracket. There is a side event every week and it can vary from a low-tier bracket to a Crew Battle, the event type is often decided by public opinion at the event (TO has the final say).

Tournament Organizers:
Briggs
Anasazi
Cartoffel

Main Events:
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
PM Singles (Pending interest)

Pricing:
Venue Fee $5 per person (or $20 for a Geek Group membership good for one month of attendance (with some paperwork to fill out)); able to be paid directly to the Geek Group by card or with cash. (There are currently no venue fee refunds, even with a setup. All venue fee money goes to the Geek Group for allowing us to use their space.)
Melee Singles $5 per person, cash only.
Melee Doubles $5 per team, cash only.
PM Singles $5 per person, cash only.

Schedule (Subject to change):
5:00 PM - Doors Open, Registration starts
5:45 PM - Melee Doubles starts
6:30 PM - Melee Singles starts
7:15 PM - PM Singles starts

The events are often streamed on https://www.twitch.tv/WestMIMelee with the full broadcast being archived (Shoutouts to Rolls for streaming it).
The VOD's will later be broken out into matches and hosted on Cartoffel's YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarrellRoller (Shoutouts to Cartoffel for doing all the work that entails).

There are several parking spaces in front of the Geek Group as well as a parking lot behind it if you turn onto Widdicomb Ave. Please bring TVs and setups to help this run as smoothly as possible. Also, PLEASE BRING CASH IN SMALLER DENOMINATIONS so we don't have to ask the Geek Group to split a ton of 20s.

Food and drink are allowed in the venue, BUT CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF. The Geek Group is within a few blocks of several restaurants, including McDonald's, Burger King, Little Caesars, Domino's, Taco Bell, Arnie's and New Great Wall Buffet.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Man, if only I can sign up for this baby, I'd go for Project M singles! What's even better, it's even close to my area in Michigan! That ain't too far from where I live. :)

Quick question: Can players, including me, bring their own GameCube controllers from home or do you guys bring them in for them to play with?

Last edited:

Anasazi

Smash Rookie
You're heavily encouraged to bring your own controller(s), though the TO's and many of the attendees do bring spares just in case someone needs one.

Hope to see you make it out soon!
Just so you know there are Facebook groups which we also post the Weekly, and other events, in; West MI Smash, Michigan PM, and Michigan Melee.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
You're heavily encouraged to bring your own controller(s), though the TO's and many of the attendees do bring spares just in case someone needs one.

Hope to see you make it out soon!
Just so you know there are Facebook groups which we also post the Weekly, and other events, in; West MI Smash, Michigan PM, and Michigan Melee.
Thanks for the info on this! I will make sure to check out the Facebook groups asap! I can't wait to check them out. And also for info on the controllers. I just love using that secret weapon everyone uses for Smash Bros. :)

Top Bottom