• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at the Arcade II : Metaflair's Revenge! 10-3-09 [Morehead, KY]

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Here is the 2nd in the SatA series! This also marks my return to the smash scene after my short break. Anyway on to the rules. same deal as last time free games on the machines all day, you can stay over night play godkai'opoly and eat food priced fairly.

Allisbrawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7534

Where:
G3 Arcade and iNet Cafe
146 East Main Street
Morehead KY 40351

When:
Saturday October 3rd
Doors will open at 10:30 AM and registration begins at 11:00 AM. Registration will end at 11:45 AM, if you are coming in late you can call me ahead of time and I'll give you some more time, but after so long has passed I cannot and will not buy you more time.

Price:
Venue fee $5.00
Doubles Entry $10.00 per person or $20.00 a team
Singles Entry $10.00

Payout: Singles
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Doubles

1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%

Contact Info:
Xisin (401) 662-3173
Mister Eric : (606)-434-9996

Call me if you need anything involving the tournament.
AIM: Xisin14 (If I'm not online type something in there anyway, I'll get back to you.)

Housing:
If you need housing for this post it in the thread, I can open up my apartment for a few people. The arcade will be open to anyone who needs housing.

General:
We will be doing pools for seeding, if the tournament exceeds 32 people then we will be using pools to cut people out of the bracket.

- NO Alcohol... period.

- NO Illegal substances!

- Please Pick up after yourselves I don't want to be cleaning your mess up after you leave.

- Do Not Deface/Destroy any property of the venue! Treat everything with respect.

- Respect everyone else and there property! I don't want to have to throw anyone out.

- Food will be served at the Venue! So there shouldnt be much of a reason to leave.

- All arcades during this event will be set to free play. So with the venue fee paid you will gain access to that.

General Rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

Food menu

Hot Dog
Pizza
Sandwich
Various Snack cakes
Powerade
Various Soda
Water

Pricing will be fair.

Parking:

The lot next to the Arcade is fine to park in. Despite that the sign says 2 hour parking only. The sign is only in effect during the weekdays. Not Saturday or Sunday. Another place to park is at the conference Center. It's next to the U.S Bank and across the street from the municiple building. which you can see from the arcade (three buildings down.) These two lots should be more than sufficient For this event.

Stages:

Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set.

Neutral Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Smashville
- Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Battleship Halberd
-Luigi's Mansion
-Delfino Plaza
-Pirate Ship
-Norfair
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Castle Siege
-PictoChat
-Jungle Japes
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar

Everything else is banned.

Attending:

1. Xisin
2. Mister Eric
3. Metaflair
4. Shadobot
5. Chris Forever
6. Shyguy
7. Crab
8. Cr4sh
9. Infern Angelis
10. Y.b.M
11. Smash 64
12. Kel
13. FailproofFrank
14. VamP
15. Mayling
16. Airborne
17. Today
18. Sneakytako
19. Sugartastic
20. WooD
21. Oreo
22. Jkip
23. Calic
24. Greggu
25. Lou
26. Nope
27. Capem
28. Champ
29. Fonz
30. Zeni
31. Overswarm
32. Ttar
33. Soldier2
34. Hilt?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
ummm... i can't do this on the third>.>

Unless you can move this to the last weekend of september or the 17th of october I wont' be able to make it.

Sorry :/

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Can't change the date for various reasons. (you told me the first weekend in October and you could come!) if the payout is a big issue i can fit it to something better, however as noted in the payout scheme it changes if the number of attendants exceeds a certain number.

Another tourney here soon anyway this is something to help out the arcade.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Yay GodKai'opoly! Like Kel said I rather have top 5 get paid in singles so hopefully we can get more then 30 people in here, and you can count on the God Kais to be there!

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Oct. 3rd is my girlfriend's b-day. No can do.
Bummer. We all know its my turn to win the set, so next time. :p ! see ya when we get in another tourney and have fun on the 3rd.

Airborne, you're ky so if you can come you better!

Delvro

Smash Ace
If I can find a way to get there, I am definitely coming. Unfortunately getting a ride has proven to be difficult =(

FailProofFrank

Smash Cadet
Man WV will do what we can to get there. Im pretty sure itll happen though, I need to smash more with Ky and have a middle-teir character championship battle with Crash lol.

Airborne

Smash Lord
ok, so i am most likely going to get my license on the 28th of september, so i might be able to drive to the tourny... if i can use my dad's car. XP

I'll find out as much as i can as early as possible in order to hopefully provide rides for people.

lou4222

Smash Lord
I havnt discussed this with other Springfield people, but Id be down for coming. Also I agree with Kel with the payout issue. Paying top 5 is the way to go, but obviously its your call :)

Delvro

Smash Ace
I also support paying top 5, but this is only because I have almost no chance of making top 3

.....or top 5.

Kel

Smash Master
YEah I dunno how Cincinnati can get down here without OS. Right now there's no one to drive, soooooo.....looking bad

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
this needs more hype than it's getting.

c'mon! good date, no ride johns. start walkin!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I wish I could come but my girlfriend wants me to hold her hair back while she vomits. :(

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I wish I could come but my girlfriend wants me to hold her hair back while she vomits. :(
^ Uhm-- uhm.. uhm!! Is she okay?? That doesn't sound good! TT__TT!
I'll try and come to this, though!! Good luck to everyone, too!!

omg i have to meet this person xD
Today your posts are such a joy to read
i just want you to know that lol

Also os if you brought Erin with you and came to this instead or after you go bar hopping i may possibly have to cancel what plans i had just to see it :laugh:

Not the vomiting part though :x

Overswarm

is laughing at you
she wants to do the bar thing downtown with her friends, I'm supposed to be there to drive her around / so she can "show me off to her friends" who I have not met. Bunch of drunk sorority girls. -_-;;

Will be a long night. I'd rather be here.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
if u want OS the God Kais can keep you company, same with the drunk sorority girls. But then we will have to miss this tournament :p

Top Bottom