• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at EVO 2013

Bu$

HoC
Hey guys, don't know how many of you have seen this but EVO are doing a poll for what games will be at EVO next year. Of course it's over in the US but i still think if us Aussies get on the bandwagon and all vote for smash (Melee and Brawl, either or both) It will create more awareness to the game and the community. Melee is currently the #1 voted for game and i think Brawl comes in at about 8th. SO if anyone is as keen as i am then vote!!! :D

https://www.facebook.com/questions/10151203340569383/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hey guys, don't know how many of you have seen this but EVO are doing a poll for what games will be at EVO next year. Of course it's over in the US but i still think if us Aussies get on the bandwagon and all vote for smash (Melee and Brawl, either or both) It will create more awareness to the game and the community. Melee is currently the #1 voted for game and i think Brawl comes in at about 8th. SO if anyone is as keen as i am then vote!!! :D

https://www.facebook.com/questions/10151203340569383/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i spammed it around fb before, melee is ****** it hard

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yer feels like evo really just dont want melee tbh
with this format nova could pick any game he wanted and make it happen lol

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Everyone voted for it but now it's going based on donations? Such horse ****. Buy a tournament day.
Yeah pretty lame based on how much support melee had in the polls. I know most of DoA's donations are donated by games dev team and such, which smash has no chance of getting.

If it makes you feel any better though the donations don't go towards EVO at all, it's all for charity.

3S and melee being bumped for SFxT makes me :(

smopup

Smash Journeyman
The donation set up isn't too bad. I mean, people could've easily made fake accounts to inflate the Facebook poll. Having donations is a good way to gauge just how hungry the communities are for their respective games to make it on the big stage (and obviously it has the bonus of money going to cancer research).

The biggest problem is having bronies involved with the whole thing. =/

EDIT: Apparently the bronies are now donating to Skull Girls now that My Little Pony can't be on the main lineup...

Gords

Smash Champion
the donation thing is terrible, the game now goes to which ever game has player, dev teams with the most money. not by how interest.
it doesnt matter how hungry the community is for a game if that community has not got the money to back it up, hence the problem with melee

smopup

Smash Journeyman
The founder of EVO has said it is purely a "community vote" and will not accept donations for publishers/developers. Don't know if they can effectively police that, but being paranoid about it isn't going to get Melee anywhere. If the Facebook poll was an indication of anything, it's that Melee has a lot of fans. The game stands a good chance if its many supporters can make just a small donation. Luckily we have some people willing to drop triple digits as well (shoutouts to Redact). Interest in a game and the amount of money it can raise aren't as mutually exclusive as you think.

Melee did have a considerable lead but is now lagging behind Skull Girls thanks to the My Little Pony fandom. Hopefully more money will be coming in now that Apex is over.

Gords

Smash Champion

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
yer feels like evo really just dont want melee tbh
with this format nova could pick any game he wanted and make it happen lol
I know I'm like, 2 and a half years too late for this (certain pro smasher just linked me to this), but yeah, it went something like that aye (least near the end). <3

Last edited:
Top Bottom