• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Art Spotlight: JisuArt

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Out of the many inspirations that come from the world of Smash, fan art is some of the most enjoyable. Those who have a passion for both art and Smash often choose to translate this into making shirts and posters, great tools for promoting and spreading the scene.

One such artist is Jisu. She's done much art for community members including Fow, Mew2king, Rich Brown and is especially known for her chibi icons. She used her art to introduce herself to the community at age 15 and after much persuading and encouragement from community and friends she has launched a new art website to promote Smash and her artwork: JisuArt.

"I really want this community to grow, and one of the biggest steps we can take is creating even better content. So consider this my push for high-levels of content to rival, and maybe even surpass larger eSports." - Jisu​

With her new website she hopes to get the community involved to choose upcoming art to be drawn and products to be made. This unique opportunity for the community to connect with an artist and produce something everyone is happy with is sure to be a great experience. For those interested in supporting art and the Smash community be sure to check out JisuArt.

SmashCapps finds Jisu's art gorgeous and is jealous he can't have a chibi icon of his own. To keep up with his writing follow him on Twitter and check out Jisu on Twitter as well.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Her artwork is really great: I'm glad she's getting some more acknowledgement.

Flukey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1220-8509-1898
wow she is only 17, that's some real talent we got here.
Watching all of her art it's really encouraging for the smash community showing such passion.

i want all those posters they're awesome!!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Woah, that Peach...
That C. FALCON...
THOSE FE: CHARACTERS!
This is REALLY good art.
REALLY.
GOOD.
ART.
HEAVY PUNCTUATION EMPHASIS.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
But really though, this art is so good that I might have an Art Attack.
:troll:

:troll:

(I'm not sorry)

I need to buy one of these.

Globe

I only care for waifus
I presume that Moxie2D will be one of these spotlight artist.

Just in case people don't know who he is, he made this artwork and many more.

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
That is some brilliant artwork that I've seen from her. JisuArt is indeed a talented artist. :estatic:

HanZee

Smash Rookie
I envy you Jisu!! I wanna draw like you your art is amazing!!

Last edited:

Lenrap

Smash Rookie
I love every single item that Jisu has on display, it's all really great

mothernaturer

Smash Rookie
NNID
teinus
She's great, it's real art for sure. Only problem is not many people can afford her :/
Yeah, I think $30 is a tad too much. As someone who creates art, I can understand those prices, but still, if she wants any business I think the price needs to be lowered.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think $30 is a tad too much. As someone who creates art, I can understand those prices, but still, if she wants any business I think the price needs to be lowered.
Coming from someone who doesn't purchase any art or anything, $30 sounds really cheap for art. Looking at it quick, it seems like quality stuff to me.
Think about it like this: art is something you can hang on to and show off indefinitely. Dinner from a restaurant lasts only a few hours, and costs almost as much if not more.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
dat roy in dat fe art

Also, ZeRo actually used that chibi version of himself as his twitter icon, pretty cool of him to do so and it was the first I saw of it.

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
Coming from someone who doesn't purchase any art or anything, $30 sounds really cheap for art. Looking at it quick, it seems like quality stuff to me.
Think about it like this: art is something you can hang on to and show off indefinitely. Dinner from a restaurant lasts only a few hours, and costs almost as much if not more.
I would think so for most art, but since most of this smash art will be used for banners, thumbnails and profile pictures, and most smashers will be wanting most of the same thing, she could put less effort into the art and make everyone happy by charging $10-15 bucks. Most of the people buying the art will be teens to adults anyway, but people who are smart with their money(or in a difficult financial situation) will be hesitant to spend $60 bucks for a chibi that looks like other chibis.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Oooh, an Smash Art Spolight feature! Just what I've been waiting for!

I can see Butler Wolf of Pixels getting one of these. His sprites have been widespread throughout the community since Brawl. Oh, and maybe a series of Miiverse artists spotlights would be neat too.

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
Whoa these are incredible. I would definitely be buying some stuff if more characters were available. Unfortunately I don't play any of the ones already featured. Still, keep up the good work Jisu.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Oh God, that C. Falcon picture is orgasmic. If Falcon was ever in the DBZ series, THAT is how he would finish off his opponents.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
If this was 15 bucks, I'd buy two!

Edit: Sorry! Double Post

Last edited:
Top Bottom