• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ain't Dead II - March 23rd, 2013 - Croydon

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
OOC Presents...

Smash Ain't Dead II Saturday 23rd March 2013

Hosted by:
Alpha Dash

Co-Hosted by:
Professor Pro
Jolteon
G~P

Join us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashUK All requests will be accepted.

Address:
Saturday 23rd March
South London, Croydon
Fairfield Halls, Park Lane
CR9 1DG
10am - 10pm

Directions:
Fast trains from both London Victoria and London Bridge are available to EAST CROYDON
Turn RIGHT walking out of EAST CROYDON and follow the directions from the image for a 4-5 minute walk to the station

You will see a BIG building with 'Fairfield Halls' on the side, enter that building and then follow the directions in the building to the room.
The Room is on the 2nd Floor and is called 'The Maple Room'

Tournament Fee:

Sign-ups starts at 10.30am

Venue Fee - £5
Melee Singles - £5
Melee Doubles - £3 (per person)
Brawl Singles - £5
Brawl Doubles - £3 (per person)
Project M Singles - £3
Project M Doubles - £2 (per person)

Prize Pot Split
(This may change depending on number of attendants)
1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

General Melee Rules:
4 Stocks
8 Minutes
Items Off
Team Attack ON
Master Hand Banned lol
Wobbling Is Allowed (up to 300%)
Stalling Is Banned

Melee Singles & Doubles Stages:

Neutral Stages
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Fountain of Dreams (Off in doubles)
Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages
Pokemon Stadium (Neutral in doubles)

General Brawl Rules:
No Metaknight Ban lol
3 Stocks
8 Minutes
Items Off
Team Attack ON
Edge Grab Limit 50 (35 for Metaknight)
Stalling Is Banned

Brawl Singles & Doubles Stages

Neutral Stages
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages
Pokémon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon

General Project M Rules:
4 Stocks
8 Minutes
Items OFF (Remember to set items to off otherwise DDD pulls items even if switched to none)
Team Attack ON
Stalling is Banned

Project M Singles & Doubles Stages

Neutral Stages
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi Island
Smashville
Yoshi Story

Counterpick Stages
Delfino Plaza
Dracula's Castle
Metal Cavern
Fountain of Dreams
Rumble Falls
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Skyworld
Kongo Jungle
Pokemon Stadium 1
Skyloft (Banned in doubles due to lag)
Green Hill Zone

Tournament Rules:

Stage Striking Melee/Brawl - The winner of 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' must strike 1 neutral stage, the loser will then strike 2, the winner then decides from the 2 remaining stages where the first game will be played on.

Stage Striking Project M - The winner of 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' must strike 2 neutral stages, the loser will then strike 3, the winner then decides from the 2 remaining stages where the first game will be played on.

Stage Banning - Each player is allowed to Ban 1 Stage (2 stage bans for Project M) after the 1st match from the Tournament Stage List that they wish not to play on before the loser picks their stage. The loser of the 1st Match is allowed to reserve their ban until he/she wins a game

Advanced Slob Picks - Loser ALWAYS chooses next stage, then winner chooses character, then loser chooses character

Daves Stupid Rule - You cannot chose the stage you have most recently won on, unless your opponent agrees on it

The Mages DQ rule -After a match has been called, if a player is 2 minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After 6 minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set

B.Y.O.C - Bring Your Own Controller

Accomodation:
TBA

Contact Us:
For information and general queries regarding the tournament, further directions, housing etc. Do not hesitate to ask questions.

Alpha Dash
Number - 07956585596
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...dujuan.planter

Professor Pro
Number - 07944152774
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=568191506

Attendants confirmed (26):

[OOC]Alpha Dash
[OOC] Professor Pro
[OOC] RWWK
Fuzzyness
Jolteon
BlizzyWolf
Loz8Ichimaru
MDMA
[Tesco] Unreal
G~P
JJLinyard
Sinth
Burrhe
RuStY
Miko
MIJU
Luigimitsu
[Tesco] j3ly
Sol64
TC
Kasper
VA
Feather
Siri
Leffen (SWE)
Jam
Ego
XIII
Willz
Yaiba
Bullet Bill
Cong
Brado
'Lex
Legit
Yeniths
Jimmy (NL)
Zgetto (NL)
Adam (NL)
C.R.Z
Kipkoski
L-J
[SWFN] Venomphil
[SWFN] SSJDavey
Ptolemy
[Tesco] Deathgazer
Legacy
TetraMaster
Flame
Slik
[OOC] Last Dragon
[OOC] Gantz
SiLeNtDo0m
Flame
Huntzie
FabulousGeorge
ADDITIONAL INFO WILL BE ADDED AS TIME PROGRESSES!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Like I even need to say I'm going.

Will probably do brawl brackets an' stuff, as per the course.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its because he's a hypesink.
We should have brawl livestream for this too. that will be cool

WillzUK

Smash Rookie
Might as well come to this, don't really play anymore but i cant turn down a chance to become my old cocky amazing self, id still beat all the brawl scrubs, i remain undefeated by any UK brawlers since 2011 hahaha i am the best

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Please edit the two stream URL's into this thread, looks like the new board design has a specific area for them now. :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Do my best to make it. Will try to confirm if I'll come within a few days.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
2 things:
1. Do what luke said involving the web addresses for the live stream
2. man you've known me for years, Least you could do is get my name right in the 'co hosts' bit XD

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
2 things:
1. Do what luke said involving the web addresses for the live stream
2. man you've known me for years, Least you could do is get my name right in the 'co hosts' bit XD
You barely get MY name right.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Hello UK scene!

I am really hyped to come to this and DESTROY. However there is a complication.

I have made a commitment that means I will not be able to travel down on the Friday night so I will need to fly on the Saturday morning and HOPEFULLY be able to make it to the venue in time. Can someone who knows the transport system a lot better than me advise me on what the best strategy would be to do this? i.e. what airport to fly into etc? This would be much appreciated as I'd love to attend this and it would suck to not be able to.

Also when would melee start if I am not able to make it for signups could I get someone to sign up for me? ^_^

Cheers
-SS

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wow, That's going to be one hell of a journey man, I'm not an expert of travelling within london (elsewhere im pretty good though lol) so I can't really help you.

I look forward to seeing you here, If you're in the FB group then I suggest copypasting what you just said into a new post on there for now, its a little more active at the moment

Flame.

Smash Rookie
I like how my name is on the confirmed list twice, just sayin'.

(P.S. Had to make a new account as I forgot my old login details, I'm such a scrub)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I like how my name is on the confirmed list twice, just sayin'.

(P.S. Had to make a new account as I forgot my old login details, I'm such a scrub)
At least this way you won't get referred to as flamekid anymore.

Also your sig is the best thing ever, Jus' do it man

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Even though no one has seemed to bother to use the confirmed list built into smashboards (I guess it is still a fairly new feature here though), looks like we're gonna have a strong turnout for this event, based on the facebook page that corresponds with it. So if you're thinking of coming...

DO IT!

Or you will miss out.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Great event, definitely one of the best tournaments I've been to in a long while.

Shout-outs

LC: u suk, flakes :(

Alpha Dash: :sheik::sheik::sheik::sheik:

Luigimitsu: Most definitely one of the most impressive improvements I have seen from the community in a long time! Keep it up, and congrats on your PM placement.

Fuzzy: I had fun in our set, lol. Congrats for winning and doing well vs Prof in PM. We destroyed teams again, baby. ;)

Fether: Congrats on your placing.

Loz: I knew I bet on the right man. :D lol

Deathgazer: I had fun housing you, I really enjoy our friendlies lol. Great games in bracket, congrats on fourth and on beating me like old times, haha.

PMS: Good showing this event, nice set vs Fuzzy! Your Samus is really cool to watch. We'll definitely play next time.

Professor Pro: Had a lot of lulz with you this tournament. :D Congrats on winning PM and I enjoyed our set this time.

G~P: Totally digging the scarf! Looking forward to seeing you going the ways of MK. ;) Hope you got home fine.

Sol64: I really appreciate what you did for the community by collecting those vouches, that was definitely some forward thinking! Thanks a lot.

Dominique: idk if you have a smash name or not but I just want to say I really appreciate what you do for our events with your photography. The pictures look great and it does a lot by capturing our events on camera.

Mr Hero: Fun set in bracket. Hope you had fun.

Blizzy: I saw you playing a lot of Melee this time, let's have some games next time. :p

SiLeNtD0oM: Awesome to see you again. :) Really hope you had a great time at your first national even if PM had less entrants than Melee/Brawl did.

Sinth: Good stuff running the Brawl stream. Was nice to see you again. :)

VA: You seemed like you really had fun at this tournament. Congrats on taking a set off of Fuzzy and for your performance this tournament, 2nd in both singles and teams is impressive.

Cong: Good stuff in PM, I really underrated you in our set lol. Hopefully you enjoyed playing PM, just use Diddy's up+b more :D lol.

ShiftingShadows: You're such a cool dude to hang around with, really great to see you again! Good stuff in Project M, I'm a big fan of your ZSS, and your set vs Prof was super hype to watch.

fortunecookie: flakeee

Miju: Fun to play you in PM, hopefully we can play some more next time.

Kipkosky: Your Fox looks really, really solid at times. With some more consistency I think you could be a big contender.

burrhe: Sorry I didn't get to play you, even though you asked to play pretty early. <_< Will definitely play you next time.

VA

Smash Hero
A successful tournament by all accounts, well done and thank you to OOC and Jolteon/anyone else involved.

Shoutouts

Fuzzy: ur ded.

prof: i killed u

alpha dash: ehehehe ^_^

jolteon: hmm

new guys: work hard bbz

silentspectre: b cool and sexi

Mr_Hero

Smash Apprentice
I'll have a go at shoutouts:-

X1-12, Bullet Bill, JoelMole: I was very disappointed in your MLG flaking ability, I had to represent Southampton all by myself.

Jolteon: Good games in round 1, we should do some friendlies next time. I was surprised to be on stream in the first round and I enjoyed Fuzz's commentary during our set.

PMS: Really enjoyed the friendlies. Your Samus is solid and I appreciated the practice against it (it's a character I have a mental block against), and the games against your technical Fox and Falco were a good laugh too. Try and get some practice against Pikachu and especially DK for the next time we meet :p. Game 1 in our set was tense as balls (and balls are pretty tense)... I was not liking how you almost made me play Fuzz in the losers bracket by the way.

Deathgazer: Had some great friendlies vs you too, loving the tech skill and risky stylish ****. How the hell do you shine-backair so consistently lol.

Burrhe, Kipkosky: We need to do some friendlies earlier on in the day next time! It got so hot later into the evening and it was hard to concentrate properly when we played (johnsjohnsjohns).

ShiftingShadows: We should play some Melee next time, your ZSS is very nice in Project M. Dat dive kick.

Prof, Fuzz, VA, Alphadash: I didn't play any games vs you (except the teams games with Prof which didn't count because he got destroyed so hard), try seek me out the next time we meet when you get free time. Playing top-5 people helps really exaggerate to myself the things that I am doing wrong and need to improve upon, what with punishes being so consistent and outright deadly. Also hype game between VA and Prof was pretty damn hype.

Sorry to anyone I missed, I'm not super-amazing at remembering names. Also someone team with me next time :o! Good tournament, great hosting. Please open the windows as far as they can possibly go if you use the venue again, Smashers are more efficient at producing heat than nuclear power. If required, break a window and add £5 to the venue fee.

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Woah, what a tournament. Got the minimum placing I was after for sure, received so many compliments on the stream and on my improvements, which I am grateful for... advice, help and support from other players was given to each other, there was a strong turnout of 33 brawl players despite the snow, a great venue, MM's were had, emotions were damaged, egos were punctured, what could have been better?

So many shoutouts I could give but honestly I am a little too overwhelmed from yesterday still. Must have been the 4 energy drinks I had (lmao)... Almost everything was perfect other than maybe no international attendance and the tournament finishing a little late. Looking forward to the next one guys!

Hopefully europe will come hang out with us sometime or we'll visit europe instead, or both.

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Event Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94331455@N03/sets/72157633081042882/
Brawl Stream Archive: http://www.twitch.tv/smashbrawluk/videos?kind=past_broadcasts
Brawl Results: 33 Brawl Entrants

Brawl Singles (Bracket Only)

1: Kasper (MK)
2: J.miller (Luigi/ROB/MK)
3: Fether (MK)
4: LuigiMitsu (Diddy/Wario)
5: Shay (ZSS/Marth)
5: Sinth (Snake)
7: Flame (IC/T.Link/Sheik)
7: Loz∞Ichimaru (Pit)
9: G~P (Ike)
9: Legacy (Falco)
9: Monk (Several Characters)
9: Cong (Diddy/MK)
13: Legit (MK)
13: Bnana (Diddy)
13: XIII (MK/Marth)
13: N.O (Falco/Marth)

Brawl Doubles
1: Kasper+Jmiller [MK+Luigi/ROB]
2: Loz∞Ichimaru+Flame [Pit/MK+T.Link]
3: Cong+Fether [Diddy+MK]
4: legit+LuigiMitsu [MK+Wario/Diddy]
5: G~P+Shay [Ike+ZSS]
5: Bnana+T.C [Diddy+Sheik/Lucas]
7: Sinth+XIII [Snake+MK]
7: Monk+WifiGod [MK+Diddy]
9: rusty+miko [Olimar+Sheik]
9: PTOLemy+Burrhe
9: [swfn]SSJdavey+Venomous
9: Hope+Manny

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs yasssss...

Alpha Dash: Cheers for housing me after this amazing tourney! Enjoyed our games and getting to know you and Gantzy! Dat AD house zss lols :p
Kipkosky: No better way to get to know someone than to team with them! We did great! Really nice fox, reminds me a lot of fortunecookie's (my flat mate and normal team partner who FLAKED) who is also boss! Keep up the good work with the fox and make sure VA is training you right!
VA: Was great to see you, hilarious falcon MM set, loved it. Gj on taking a set from fuzz! Looking forward to seeing you next time bro!
Fuzzy: Was cool to hang out and the advice you gave me on mix ups at the start of the day really helped and will help me improve alot for next time too. BODIED.
Professor Pro: Loved our set lmao! Good hype, enjoyed being part of it. Was my first time being in bracket against a top player so was real fun :) hope this match up happens again in future ITS ON. :D
Jolteon: Shame about your SDs in PM, our set was good fun and pretty tight otherwise! I know if you went sheik id be screwed lol. No meeting in melee this time in contrast to december lol but the few friendlies we played were lulzy. Was fun to hang out. Aiming to be top seed with you soon man, gotta have ambition :D
Deathgazer: Always love to practice with your sweet falco, dat experience! Congratz on the placing after the recent absence from tournies!
PMS: Great player, love the technical samus bro, 2gud! Would love to practice more against you next time!
Mr Hero: Yeah ggs in pm! We shall defo play melee next time too!
Overall epic tourny, was well worth coming! As I probably told some of you, FortuneCookie is taking a break from melee for now due to life, however I wanna still be involved. Hoping to try and attend something maybe every month, preferably something hosted in the midlands or higher lol. Will keep an eye out for events but if anyone is thinking of hosting please hit me up!!
GGs.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Was an awesome tourney, awesome hosts (aside from the bracket) and saw some interesting matches.

Definetly would go to SAD 3. :)

P.S Prof you are an embarrassment to your fellow team-mates and not worthy of being in OOC.

Top Bottom