• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ain't Dead 3 (March 15th 2014)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
-Intro-

From ‘Out of Con’Trolls’ to the ‘Smash Ain’t Dead’ series, OOC are proud to present ‘Smash Ain’t Dead 3’. With our growing number of members to the SmashUK Facebook group, this is expected to be one of the UK’s largest Super Smash Bros tournaments.

-Date-

Saturday 15th March 2014

-Location-

Croydon (South London)
Fairfield Halls, Park Lane
CR91DG

East Croydon Station is the venues closest overground train station (3-5 minute walk). This is easily accessible via fast trains from stations such as London Victoria, London Bridge, and Clapham Junction.

Once you have arrived at East Croydon station, Exit and turn RIGHT. At the bottom of that road cross the street where you will see Sainsburys Local. TURN THE CORNER and keep walking and you will see a large building with FAIRFIELD HALLS on the side of it. This is the venue where Smash Ain’t Dead 3 will take place.

Smash Ain’t Dead 3 will take place on the 1st floor in the ‘Fairfield Room’ (Previously held on the 2nd floor in the ‘Maple Room’. On the day there will be signs guiding you to the correct room.

-Schedule-

This will be a 1 day event with Melee, Brawl and Project M - singles and doubles, so we will be very strict on organisation. We will need to start as early as possible so people NEED to be there on time. Tournament games MUST be prioritised over friendlies at all times.

10:00 AM - Venue opens
10:30 AM - Signups begin
11:30 AM - Signups end, Singles Pools begins
1.30 PM - 30 Minute Break
2:00 PM - Melee/Brawl Top 16 Singles Bracket begins (Top 32 if everything is running smoothly)
4:00 PM - Project M Singles Bracket begins (Melee/Brawl Bracket Matches must be played first)
5:00 PM - 30 Minute Break (If necessary)
6:00 PM - Melee/Brawl Doubles Bracket begins (Possibly Project M Doubles depending on time)
9:00 PM - Clearup
10:00 PM - Venue Closes

-Cost-

Venue Fee: £5
Melee Singles: £5
Melee Doubles: £6 Per Team (£3 each)
Brawl Singles: £5
Brawl Doubles: £6 Per Team (£3 each)
Project M Singles: £5

-Prizes-

This may change depending on number of entrants

Option 1
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%
5th: 2.5%

or

Option 2
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

-Ruleset-

General Melee Rules:

• 4 stocks and 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items set to OFF
  • Pause set to OFF
  • Team attack set to ON
  • Stalling is banned
  • Wobbling is legal. Wobbling past 300% will be considered stalling which is not allowed.

Melee Singles Stage List:

Starters/Neutrals
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium

Melee Doubles Stage List:

Starters/Neutrals
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland

Counterpicks
Kongo Jungle 64

General Brawl Rules:

• 3 stocks and 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items set to OFF and NONE
  • Pause set to OFF
  • Team attack is set to ON
  • Stalling is banned
  • Metaknight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned
  • 35 ledge grab limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • Stalling is banned.
  • Double Metaknight is banned in Doubles

Brawl Singles/Doubles Stage List:

Starters/Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

General Project M Rules:

• Games must be played on Project M version 3.0
  • 4 stocks and 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items set to OFF and NONE
  • Pause set to OFF
  • Team attack set to ON
  • Stalling is banned
  • Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
  • In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.

Project M Singles Stage List:

Starters/Neutrals
Yoshi’s Story
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
WarioWare, Inc.
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld
Skyloft

(If Played) Project M Doubles Stage List:

Starters/Neutrals
Distant Planet
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
WarioWare, Inc.
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld

Skyloft
Dracula's Castle
Norfair
Rumble Falls
Yoshi's Story

-Tournament Rules-

BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller) - All players are expected to bring their own controllers and be prepared for every tournament set. You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

Character Select - Players must select characters before Stage Striking. Either player may declare double blind. (In this case both players declare their character choice for the first game of the set to a third party. Both players will select characters. The third party will then confirm that the characters selected were the ones declared).

Stage Striking Melee/Brawl - The winner of 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' must strike 1 neutral stage, the losing player will then strike 2 stages, the winner then decides from the 2 remaining stages on which the first game will be played.

Stage Striking Project M - The winner of 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' must strike 2 neutral stages, the losing player will then strike 3, the winner then decides from the 2 remaining stages where the first game will be played on.

Stage Banning (Best of 3) - Each player is allowed to Ban 1 Stage (3 stage bans for Project M), after the 1st game of the set, from the Tournament Stage List that they wish not to play on before the loser picks their stage. The losing player of the 1st Match is allowed to reserve their ban until that player wins a game.

Stage Banning (Best of 5) - There are no stage bans in a best of 5 set for Melee and Brawl. Project M is an exception due to the amount of legal stages so will continue to have 3 stage bans in a best of 5 set.

Advanced Slob Picks - The losing player of a game ALWAYS chooses next stage from the legal Stage List, then winning player chooses character, then losing player chooses character.

Dave’s Stupid Rule - You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

-Contact Us-

For information and general queries regarding the tournament, further directions, housing etc. Do not hesitate to ask questions.

Alpha Dash
Number - 07956585596
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...dujuan.planter

Professor Pro
Number - 07944152774
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=568191506

Ritusen

Smash Rookie
I'll try and come! It'll be my first smash tourney aha, we need some fresh blood and this tournament has a good setup for friendlies so I can learn and get started!

EDIT: I'm possibly moving to the over side of the country so it may be more of a struggle than I initially though, never the less i'd still really like to go, so if i stay in my current town then i'll probably come.

Last edited:

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
im actually maining fox for quite some time now, puff so overrated imo. but w/e shouldnt be a character discussion.. :)

if i can convince timi to come to this instead of beast (since its gonna be way cheapter to get to london) then prepare for best german speaking team :> (except a team where ice is included though)

like its even cheaper than getting to germany.. ryanair so crazy

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
70€, since i won't stay longer than a couple of days i dont need to take luggage, i know they want an extre free for that

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Hand luggage you can take a small suit case anyway, I can't remember the dimentions. Alternatively you can take a big enough bag. They won't charge you for that.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
how big is this? i might come if its big and someone helps my ticket
Firstly I'd say check the price of plane tickets so see if it is convenient for you and whoever else is willing to help you out. My tournaments have a history of beig stacked, and I'm pretty sure if you were to attend you may get a lot of followers.

SHIP

Smash Apprentice
I believe he means that if M2K is there more people are likely to come. Same thing would happen with other big names like mango and peepee.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I believe he means that if M2K is there more people are likely to come. Same thing would happen with other big names like mango and peepee.
Oh, this I already know! I'd like for M2K to come but like I said the size of the tournament will be fine. Need to know how much tickets are/how much is needed/if people are willing to donate.​

strawhats

Smash Master
lol...m2k thirsty to go to Europe. I hardly see him post in European tournament threads. He's 2/2 between this and B.E.A.S.T 4. Glad to see jason trying to go to every tournament possible lol the last 6 + months and now going forward (esp. considering EVO and MLG are coming up).

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
lol...m2k thirsty to go to Europe. I hardly see him post in European tournament threads. He's 2/2 between this and B.E.A.S.T 4. Glad to see jason trying to go to every tournament possible lol the last 6 + months and now going forward (esp. considering EVO and MLG are coming up).
I don't blame him, I think his goal is to face every smasher in the world. I would like more Americans to come to this. Hardly any Americans travel to Europe! If this year is going to be 20XX then people need to travel and play more for that exp.

Tero.

Smash Champion
You seriously trying to have Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles and PM Singles on one day?
This is madness!

I was thinking about going but I don't think it'll be worth it going for only one day

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
You seriously trying to have Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles and PM Singles on one day?
This is madness!

I was thinking about going but I don't think it'll be worth it going for only one day
We do it all the time. We just run a strict schedule and everything runs smoothly.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Very interested in going.

Would be travelling from Belfast, NI.
Are there accommodation options any days between 14th - 16th?

Any help would be appreciated.

Will be able to enter Brawl and PM and can bring a Melee/Brawl/PM setup if needed.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
Would be awesome to attend this, I may be kind of **** tier at the moment but it's been a while since I've been to a tourney and it wouldn't be too hard to get to.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Very interested in going.

Would be travelling from Belfast, NI.
Are there accommodation options any days between 14th - 16th?

Any help would be appreciated.

Will be able to enter Brawl and PM and can bring a Melee/Brawl/PM setup if needed.
I can find you housing that's not a problem, how many of you will be coming? Yes please bring a set up that would be appreciated.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
I can find you housing that's not a problem, how many of you will be coming? Yes please bring a set up that would be appreciated.
That's great, thanks =)
And I would be coming alone. I'm not aware of any other NI Smashers, unfortunately.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
That's great, thanks =)
And I would be coming alone. I'm not aware of any other NI Smashers, unfortunately.
Are you not a member of SmashUK on Facebook? https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashUK/

There are quite a few players from Belfast actually and I think some said they may possibly come down for this too. When you join SmashUK just say who you are and I could link you to a post with some of the players from your area.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Are you not a member of SmashUK on Facebook? https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashUK/

There are quite a few players from Belfast actually and I think some said they may possibly come down for this too. When you join SmashUK just say who you are and I could link you to a post with some of the players from your area.
Oh wow. I had no idea there were any players left around here. Would be amazing to find some locals.

Haven't actually touched Facebook before but I'll set one up now just for this - 'Jordan Mitchell'.

DarkS

Smash Rookie
Hi , i'm french , sorry in advance for my english , i don't speak very well .

i'm interesting for the tournament , where i can register for participate ?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Hi , i'm french , sorry in advance for my english , i don't speak very well .

i'm interesting for the tournament , where i can register for participate ?
You pay at the venue. Will you be playing Melee or brawl? And let me know if you will need housing.

Tchang

Smash Rookie
Alpha Dash, I'm a french player currently living in Bristol and I attended BZ4 in december, it was me who told DarkS about the tournament as I'm trying to get some attention from the french scene. However, since the facebook event isn't public and most of the french are not really into smashboards, the tournament lacks a bit of visibility.

Anyway, I'll be coming to this one for sure with another french smasher (Winsk) and we will need housing on friday and saturday, let me know if you can sort this out (I just posted our tags on the facebook event so you can find me pretty easily). We play melee by the way.

Last edited:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Alpha Dash, I'm a french player currently living in Bristol and I attended BZ4 in december, it was me who told DarkS about the tournament as I'm trying to get some attention from the french scene. However, since the facebook event isn't public and most of the french are not really into smashboards, the tournament lacks a bit of visibility.

Anyway, I'll be coming to this one for sure with another french smasher (Winsk) and we will need housing on friday and saturday, let me know if you can sort this out (I just posted our tags on the facebook event so you can find me pretty easily). We play melee by the way.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1397659260488522/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming this is the dual page, you can send that one to the French smashers. If theres a French FB page please link me to it so I can post this event in there

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I am not M2K or Mango by a long shot, but any room for another American smasher? I am currently in France for school and really want to go to some tournaments, for Melee.

If possible, I would like to house with someone. Possibly come over on Friday so we can play some Friendlies.

Top Bottom