• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 on Wii U

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Hey there fine Smashboardians,
I've been looking into alternative setups, and I can see that you can get Smash 64 (J) working on a Wii U through Virtual Console. Has anyone tried this to see what it is like?
I know the VC on Wii is regarded as pretty terrible since there's lag, VC specific glitches, and it runs at a lower frame rate as well.
If anyone has any input on Wii U VC for N64 it would be appreciated, thank you :)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I currently don't see Smash 64 being released for the Wii U portion of Virtual Console for either Japan or USA. I'm also not fully up to date with the Wii U hacking scene, so I'm unsure if there are ways to inject ROMs into previous Virtual Console titles or not. My guess is that playing the vWii Virtual Console in your Wii U will give the same results as a standard Wii's Virtual Console.

As a note: I should say that nobody in the 64 scene has been accepting of the use of any other equipment except for your standard N64 console since a large majority of the scene uses N64 controllers. If you're looking for an alternative setup for personal use, I get that, and would recommend just using a PC to emulate it instead. N64 emulation can run on a toaster, PC emulators are much better than the Virtual Console emulators, and you have a lot more options such as being able to use whatever controller you want and playing on netplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom