• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Netplay on Anther's Ladder

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Looks good to me. I loved Allisbrawl's ladder back in 2008/2009 and this one looks similar.

I'll certainly be joining.

Although the 64 community has never been able to keep a long term ladder alive in the past. Waning interest always prevails. Hopefully that isn't the case here.

caneut

Smash Ace
I still think the issue lies in just our small player base, and being so small for a long period of time, we already know which x can beat y.

Just look at zenith/apex predictions. You can already guess top 8, and have a pretty good guess at the order, and have an EASY guess on whether or not there will be upsets (probably not).

Lets just continue to play each other, and forget making a big point about what we already know, and that is who is better than who. No need to stroke any egos *cough* sheer.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I think it'll be great to get melee/pm/smash 4 players into 64 without having to wade through this ****hole

toazron1

Smash Rookie
I still think the issue lies in just our small player base, and being so small for a long period of time, we already know which x can beat y.
Isn't this a reason to support something which gives 64 a larger exposure?

Sedda

Smash Champion
this ladder's sole function isn't just to decide "who's best."

The site is really clean and inviting, well known among the other smash communities, and ridiculously active already. Its chat is also not cancerous. We can use this to our advantage and get other smashers to try 64 easily.

I'm gonna be using it all the time.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Ranked Matches have just been implemented. Keep this thing alive people. There's so much potential in this that if you let it go to waste you actually don't want the community to grow.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
this ladder is seriously awesome. Automatically updates elo after each match. allows you to double blind pick first match. really convenient match making system. This should absolutely become the standard for online seriouslies

oh and its ACTIVE for the time being. Lets hope it stays that way. I know i plan to continue using this. I got like way better apex practice in using this than i ever would in server

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Lets just continue to play each other, and forget making a big point about what we already know, and that is who is better than who. No need to stroke any egos *cough* sheer.

[2:15:05 PM] caneut: its sad that video games are more important to ricky than me, yet im still proven better

bait

Last edited:

firo

Smash Ace
This should be the future of online smash 64. All we need now is easier setup for p2p and we can no longer have to rely on kaillera servers (atleast for 1v1).

The other smash games already use this so it is easy to get other players.

The index needs to be updated with this link as the primary way to get online.

Last edited:

shapular

Smash Ace
I think this will help your scene grow. Until a few days ago I'd never played 64 competitively and had only touched the game twice in the past 15 years. I tried this game out just because it was on Anther's ladder and I've been having a lot of fun, even though I've mostly been getting my butt kicked. I always thought this game was boring to watch outside of the combo gifs, so I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I think it's more fun to play than Melee. I'll probably continue to play this at least for a while.

Edit: Also, I never realized how great of a stage Peach's Castle is. I don't like Hyrule Castle as much as I used to though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom