• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Masterpiece Trial

Which retro features should return in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Smash Bros 64 unlimited Masterpiece with online mode

• Wii Sports Masterpiece Mini

• Subspace Emissary with New Characters

• Smash Tour (sequeled much like Mario Party with up to 8 people)

• Smash Run

• Boss Battles

• Adventure Mode

• Masterpiece Demo (even for games not yet released)

• Streetsmash

• Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Masterpiece demo

• Spyro the Dragon: Reignited, Masterpiece demo

• Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex Masterpiece demo

• Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced Gameboy Masterpeice demo.

• Sonic Mania Masterpiece demo

• Pac-Man, Masterpeice Trial

• Metal Gear Masterpiece Trial

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe multiplayer demo with SNES Battle Course

• Tap Amiibo Masterpeices

Results are only viewable after voting.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Should Masterpiece Trials have the Nintendo 64 version of Super Smash Bros playable in Ultimate, also, should Masterpiece trials be limited to a select few games like Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, and offline special demo versions of more current games like N. Sane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited, (Artisan Homeworld with two playable levels) even if the characters didn't quite make it into the game as fighters.

I was thinking, that Smash Masterpieces could have an online version of the original Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64 as one of the Masterpieces in the game, while Super Smash Bros. Brawl would become a Wii U virtual console title.

A list of Masterpiece Trials should be as follows:
NES- Pac-Man, Megaman,
SNES- Super Mario Kart, Super Street Fighter II,
N64- Super Smash Bros (fully playable online with Switch Paid service, no time limit)
Wii series (A collection of Minigames from Wii Sports Resort with Nintendo Switch Mii parts)
Switch demo- Captain Toad; Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy; Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy; Mario Kart 8 Deluxe multiplayer LAN demo; Splatoon 2 multiplayer LAN demo; Sonic Mania demo level playable as Sonic; Super Bomberman R, 2player demo;

Remembert to Vote up to 3 options!

Last edited:

K.K. Slider

Smash Rookie
Should Masterpiece Trials have the Nintendo 64 version of Super Smash Bros playable in Ultimate, also, should Masterpiece trials be limited to a select few games like Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, and offline special demo versions of more current games like N. Sane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited, (Artisan Homeworld with two playable levels) even if the characters didn't quite make it into the game as fighters.

I was thinking, that Smash Masterpieces could have an online version of the original Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64 as one of the Masterpieces in the game, while Super Smash Bros. Brawl would become a Wii U virtual console title.

A list of Masterpiece Trials should be as follows:
NES- Pac-Man, Megaman,
SNES- Super Mario Kart, Super Street Fighter II,
N64- Super Smash Bros (fully playable online with Switch Paid service, no time limit)
Wii series (A collection of Minigames from Wii Sports Resort with Nintendo Switch Mii parts)
Switch demo- Captain Toad; Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy; Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy; Mario Kart 8 Deluxe multiplayer LAN demo; Splatoon 2 multiplayer LAN demo; Sonic Mania demo level playable as Sonic; Super Bomberman R, 2player demo;
Including 64 seems like a lot. And online? Don't see it. I tell ya what though, I am NOT opposed if they wanna do something like this LOL.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
How about instead of masterpieces we release each game individually?
That's what I'm thinking, NES and SNES Masterpeices would have an Unlimited number of plays, and an unlimited time limit, but no extra features such as restore points, online play or cloud save data. There'd just be fewer of them available to play.

However, I'm not against having Arcade classics like Super Mario Bros and Duck hunt being playable with Smash Coins used to continue from any "Game Over" screen'.

Including 64 seems like a lot. And online? Don't see it. I tell ya what though, I am NOT opposed if they wanna do something like this LOL.
Honestly, I think Smash 64 should be the only N64 game that would be exclusive to Ultimate, rather than playable with Switch Online rental titles.
I'm just thinking that offline demos with unlimited play may be unneccesary, but third parties like Namco, Capcom, Konami, Sega, and Activision, may want to use them to advertise their games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom