• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 HD

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
I started a "graphical only" project for the original Smash Bros. 64.

It is my own personal little project and I have no way of making a game out of it, nor will I. I do not have skills for this.

This is just to relive nostalgia, test my skills on remaking old stuff and just feel good about it. I hope this has a great nostalgic effect on you as well. I would love your feedback.

Start Screen:

Yep:

Mode Select:

Stage Select:

1P classic mode:

Vs classic mode:

Locked Vs:

Unlocked Vs:

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
These are some neat renders!

I wish Nintendo would undertake this project, but I'm not sure they see a demand or reason to make a remaster of a previous Smash game. It's a shame too, because things like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD have done well. An HD remake with a perfectly ported Smash 64 physics engine would be really cool. Same would be great for Melee too.

Unfortunately, like I said, I'm not sure it'll ever happen. Still, great work on these! Maybe one day we will see a community HD remake of 64.

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
These are some neat renders!

I wish Nintendo would undertake this project, but I'm not sure they see a demand or reason to make a remaster of a previous Smash game. It's a shame too, because things like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD have done well. An HD remake with a perfectly ported Smash 64 physics engine would be really cool. Same would be great for Melee too.

Unfortunately, like I said, I'm not sure it'll ever happen. Still, great work on these! Maybe one day we will see a community HD remake of 64.
I really wish too. I know that they could take some basics from SSBWU, move some code around, make some new graphics recreate the stages, they could have this out in 6 months to a year tops. I guarantee you it would sell like hotcakes.

But again, I am living in nostalgia land :( so I will just waste some more time recreating other stuff.

I tweet these to Sakurai and I hope he sees them atleast, even if he says nothing. I hope he follows the SSF2THD path somewhere down the line.

Thanks for your input though, I appreciate it!

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
could you give me your skype for more textures? i can actually implement these in-game lol

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
stock indicators allow you to see how many stocks you have, i can see the 5 stocks perfectly fine you stupid kid.
and i can see how stupid you are perfectly fine you stupid waiter

gg

Last edited:

Madao

I'm very impressed by those pictures. Nice work!

Please keep it peaceful.

Auroxen [sbvpXVII]

Smash Rookie
NNID
Simobros17
3DS FC
1118-0217-3683
Wow, this really looks awesome! I really hope that this project will be completed although I can understand the difficulties.
Also I think that you should use the SSB4 art for Ness.

Last edited:

Auroxen [sbvpXVII]

Smash Rookie
NNID
Simobros17
3DS FC
1118-0217-3683
I noticed something only now: the Customization Button. Why is it there? Anyway I think that instead of the SSB4 style, the menu should be in the original 64 style but simply HD (and brighter)

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
I think this is more of a 3DS project if I'm honest, I could see it working better on that platform, and at that time we get Melee re released on the VC for Wii U. Seems fair in my eyes,

Swagathor

Smash Rookie
I think a remake of either SSB64 or Melee would be huge for nintendo. It would actually make me WANT to buy a Wii U. Im surprised they havent done it yet

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I think a remake of either SSB64 or Melee would be huge for nintendo. It would actually make me WANT to buy a Wii U. Im surprised they havent done it yet
a remake?
they would try to balance the games and ruin it, they would never ''remake'' it
and a port would cause massive frame delay which is super gay

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wow... Now I want HD 64! XD

Nice renders. Even if the game was, say $15 dollars, I'd buy it.

Swagathor

Smash Rookie
a remake?
they would try to balance the games and ruin it, they would never ''remake'' it
and a port would cause massive frame delay which is super gay
Their loss. I think the majority of smash players don't sweat the graphics as much as other video game players. I still play N64 and i love it, i dont care how ****ty it looks.

Luigi-man

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yassinius
3DS FC
5284-1979-1070
I'm really curious about how this is going to look like. Is it just Smash 64 in HD? Are you going to use the old moves and physics?

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
Seriously amazing work! If you don't mind me asking, how long did this approximately take you?
Thanks a lot. Some of these took a few hours maybe, and for example, yesterday I did the start menu in about 45 minutes. I will fix this up a bit more though and start editing more stuff and see what I come up with.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Are you using Rice or Glide for the texture dumping/loading? Have you considered patching the textures to the rom?

Kartblaster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-8719-4524
I started a "graphical only" project for the original Smash Bros. 64.

It is my own personal little project and I have no way of making a game out of it, nor will I. I do not have skills for this.

This is just to relive nostalgia, test my skills on remaking old stuff and just feel good about it. I hope this has a great nostalgic effect on you as well. I would love your feedback.

Start Screen:

Yep:

Mode Select:

Stage Select:

1P classic mode:

Vs classic mode:

Locked Vs:

Unlocked Vs:
yes, YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Top Bottom