• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Controller Mods..

Kona

Smash Rookie
NNID
KonaMori
Hey there!
About a year back now I was practicing my short-hops after watching [Lord] Isai, and I just wasn't getting them.. So I hit up ye ol' boards and found out that if you press [any] C-button down only half way then you will successfully perform a short-hop..

Then came my question;

If I somehow mod an N64 controller to assert consistent short-hops (say by inserting a piece of paper under a C-button, hollowing out the bottom of a C-button, or something along those lines..) would that be tournament legal??
Also do the TA's check controllers for such discrepancies, and if not, should they maybe start doing so?

Same goes for any other controller mods y'all can think of that may or may not 'improve' gameplay, or see reason why (certain) mods should or shouldn't be legal.

DISCUSS!

PS: I have since learned how to short-hop via practicing at different speeds!

(New to the boards, feel free to bump if this has already been discussed.)

<((( Dubbed: "Analog TAS" )))>

Kona

Last edited:
Top Bottom