• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Combo Video - Alancitu vs Keshiki

NixxxoN

Smash Master
red mario doesn't do anything flashy yet he will hit your character and kill u
Yes with characters like Mario or Jiggly the experience of avoiding is very important, more than flashy skills. But those defensive characters are gay imo, they make the game boring to watch, and their really annoying to play against

Sirhc said:
but i think its worse when people come here and say people can beat Isai based off combo videos :|
thats not me

Isn't he the best at Smash 64? Wouldn't he know a lot about the game? I'm simply stating something that should be obvious using logic.
The own level of playing skill doesn't have anything to do with the own intelligence/dumbness or the own understanding/knowledge of the game. I no one should treat the average skilled smashers as idiots.

malva00

Smash Master
Yes with characters like Mario or Jiggly the experience of avoiding is very important, more than flashy skills. But those defensive characters are gay imo, they make the game boring to watch, and their really annoying to play against
wow ur dum. I can tell everyone else dun listen to NixxxoN he doesn't know what he's talking about.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
wow ur dum. I can tell everyone else dun listen to NixxxoN he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Yes I do know what I'm talking about, its just a different view of the game than yours. Maybe you should have said "I disagree" instead of your favorite phrase

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Mario or Jiggly are gay or boring to watch. Sorry to disagree.

Btw this topic is about my combo vid and some matches with Keshiki which were recorded (we were warming up about 20 minutes).
This is not a topic to talk about who is the best or who is the worst.
Idk but I didn't start with it.

malva00

Smash Master
Yes, its just an opinion, I prefer playing and watching offensive characters, thats it, no need to call me dumb or whatever
lol i already knew this would be ur post. i played it all out in my mind. it had nothing to do with that

Teh Future

Smash Master
"there aren't even recorded vids against red mario or jousuke who i also played."

:o You played Red mario and didn't record? that sucks, I searched through all of your japanese videos looking for that.

Anyways, I don't know much about Mario, but I would disagree when you say Jiggly is a defensive player. None of her moves besides netural B have disjointed hitboxes(maybe dair, not too sure about that) and that you can't even combo out of most of the time. So you have to rely on mindgames more than other characters. In my opinion these make matches more exciting sometimes, because the entire video isn't one long combo, there is more time in between with both characters spacing and trying to hit each other.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Even if he's the best at ssb64, there is no need to point it out. It really gets annoying when people come in from other rooms just to say "OMG ISAI IS RIGHT UR WRONG CUZ HES LIEK THE BEST AND STUFF!"
omg ISAI IS RIGHT UR WRONG CUZ HES LIEK THE BEST AND STUFF!

you can't argue against isai lol, that's the man that's in the west coast rap.'

I DONT THINK CANADA HAS A WEST COAST RAP.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=174916469

Zantetsu

Smash Master

NixxxoN

Smash Master
lol i already knew this would be ur post. i played it all out in my mind. it had nothing to do with that
Oh great :rolleyes: lol

you can't argue against isai lol, that's the man that's in the west coast rap.'
Well, if someone does, it seems he will become dumb and will remove from his knowledge what he would talk about :ouch:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Match 13 doesn't seem to have an end...it stops at 1:35 for me.
Doesn't look like Keshiki is used to killing with Rest :lick:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
In the japanese version of SSB64 the rest is less powerful and not used so much
because of this when *** players play the english game, it becomes usless...its true...same with Falcon, his Uairs are better in ***, so when people from America play the *** game...all they can do is Uair...tis fact!

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
combos sure are easy to pull off in ssb64 it seems. I guess it is cause you have the hitstun like melee and the floatiness like brawl

Zantetsu

Smash Master
combos sure are easy to pull off in ssb64 it seems. I guess it is cause you have the hitstun like melee and the floatiness like brawl
1st, Combos aren't as easy as they look and with good DI, it takes a lot of skill.

2nd, It's not because they have the hit stun of melee and the floatiness of brawl because that is way false. The game physics for 64 are so different then melee and brawl, you just can't compare them.

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
Match 13 doesn't seem to have an end...it stops at 1:35 for me.
Doesn't look like Keshiki is used to killing with Rest :lick:

Alancitu(Red Hat Pikachu) vs Keshiki(Red Mario) 13.That was because the vcr's cassette couldn't record the complete match.Unfortunately the cassette got damaged. Anyway we finished the match.

Combos r n't as easy as u think they r.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Combos r n't as easy as u think they r.
Some combos are easy as f*ck even with DI, ie Falcon upA+upB

malva00 said:
red mario doesn't do anything flashy yet he will hit your character and kill u
Only vids on YT of Red Mario are the two ones that you uploaded, against the (IMO) best Ness in the world (Sima), he seems to be really good but little cheap too. grab spamming and very good edgeguarding, while Sima shows basically pure skill

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Some combos are easy as f*ck even with DI, ie Falcon upA+upB
Waveshining in melee isn't an easy combo?

No duh there are easy combos in this game. But of course, there are hard ones that you or I couldn't attempt in our dreams.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OBrpcN0Fpvs

Only vids on YT of Red Mario are the two ones that you uploaded, against the (IMO) best Ness in the world (Sima), he seems to be really good but little cheap too. grab spamming and very good edgeguarding, while Sima shows basically pure skill
Everyone has there definition for "cheap" and if we were to play by the rules where no one can do "cheap" things, we would end up like those Europe guys that came here around a year ago telling us to play with the damage ratio at 200%.

You play the game how you want to play it. If you lose, you lose.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
That Fox combo is awesome, and the last laser is OMG.

Yes, everyone can be as cheap as they want. Ken did it and was the best in Melee. However it depends of anyone's style. In my case I don't like playing cheap. I like to do combos and nice stuff. And playing at low and high damage ratios is funny too.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
That Fox combo is awesome, and the last laser is OMG.

Yes, everyone can be as cheap as they want. Ken did it and was the best in Melee. However it depends of anyone's style. In my case I don't like playing cheap. I like to do combos and nice stuff. And playing at low and high damage ratios is funny too.
not getting too far off topic lol, but how was ken cheap in melee?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
not getting too far off topic lol, but how was ken cheap in melee?
I think Ken's got skills and everything, but I think he always looked for the easiest and cheapest ways to win. Watch him vs Bombsoldier for example. Bombsoldier outskilled him however he won by the chainthrowing.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I think Ken's got skills and everything, but I think he always looked for the easiest and cheapest ways to win. Watch him vs Bombsoldier for example. Bombsoldier outskilled him however he won by the chainthrowing.
You're really, really wrong.

Wth is beef... JaimeHR always says it and it gets annoying >.<
Jaime >>>> you

(since he has BEEF! powers)

Top Bottom