• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Combo Video - Alancitu vs Keshiki

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Few smashers who combo like these videos are pro players like Prince,Alancitu and of course Isai. It's clear that decent or amateur players just can make simple or decent combos,but not flashy,creative,impressive ones.
Not true. Doing training mode combos doesn't prove anything about you being "pro".

Teh Future

Smash Master
^I have to agree with this. Training mode combos only show that you are willing to take the time and patience to put something like that together. Sure, you have to know the game's physics and the characters moves to do so, but it doesn't show a lot that you'd use in a real match (spacing, DI, Mind games, recovery).

SmashProPlayer

Smash Cadet
Not true. Doing training mode combos doesn't prove anything about you being "pro".
^I have to agree with this. Training mode combos only show that you are willing to take the time and patience to put something like that together. Sure, you have to know the game's physics and the characters moves to do so, but it doesn't show a lot that you'd use in a real match (spacing, DI, Mind games, recovery).

Don't be dumb! why du u think most of combo vids in training mode r simple,boring,etc.
Because they are not able to do creative,unique,flashy,etc ones.there are a lot of examples on youtube.We've seen the level of thousands of players depending on their combo vids.
Just a few smashers are able to perform nice combos like Prince,Isai,Alancitu,Superboom,maybe others like JaimeHR(I 've seen some of his combos).
Think about it ! these players are good at combos and also good at matches. What a coincidence ah!
A person who can combo like that must be very good compulsory or you pretend to say that any noob player can do it?
I don't think so.I'm trying to say that at least practicing combos makes you better day a day.
Isai,Prince,Alancitu,Superboom,and others should know and understand it more than any of us.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Don't be dumb! why du u think most of combo vids in training mode r simple,boring,etc.
Because they are not able to do creative,unique,flashy,etc ones.there are a lot of examples on youtube.We've seen the level of thousands of players depending on their combo vids.
Just a few smashers are able to perform nice combos like Prince,Isai,Alancitu,Superboom,maybe others like JaimeHR(I 've seen some of his combos).
Think about it ! these players are good at combos and also good at matches. What a coincidence ah!
A person who can combo like that must be very good compulsory or you pretend to say that any noob player can do it?
I don't think so.
I am rather good at Smash64 (egos aside) yet i have no combo video..jeez that means i must suck :\

SmashProPlayer

Smash Cadet
I am rather good at Smash64 (egos aside) yet i have no combo video..jeez that means i must suck :\
I said people who have put their combos on youtube. You haven't uploaded any vid,but if you are as good as you say,you will put something good,not boring or bad.
We can know what kind of level has the person depending on his combo vids.
This is my opinion.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I don't think so.I'm trying to say that at least practicing combos makes you better day a day.
Isai,Prince,Alancitu,Superboom,and others should know and understand it more than any of us.
"Don't be dumb!" You obviously didn't read what I wrote correctly.

I'm saying that just because you can do flashy combos does NOT mean your pro. Of course Isai, Aancitu, Boom, and those guys can do flashy combos because they ARE pros but I'm sure if smash 64 was way more popular there would be at least one player who doesn't have anyone to play with, so they spend all there time in training mode making up some crazy stuff and when they finally get to play with someone competitive, they get owned because they had no idea how to use mindgames.

Training mode combos only help with combos and nothing else. To become pro, you need to know how to combo but you also need to know how to approach, set up mindgames, effective recovering, etc. etc.

Also, who cares if the combos you see in training mode combos are boring. They work don't they? These flashy combos you can't obviously do in a real match without some major luck but a lot of those "boring" combos you see are easily done in real matches and are very effective.

Don't call be dumb when you don't even know what your talking about.

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman

I said people who have put their combos on youtube. You haven't uploaded any vid,but if you are as good as you say,you will put something good,not boring or bad.
We can know what kind of level has the person depending on his combo vids.
This is my opinion.

SmashProPlayer! would u mind stopping pretending to know everything about smash and us?.

SmashProPlayer

Smash Cadet
SmashProPlayer! would u mind stopping pretending to know everything about smash and us?.

Ok I'll do it if you accept a challenge against me again on thursday? It would be an honour to be destroyed by you one more time. What do you think?

he is a troll, they rely on the spoken (or writen if your a tech nazi) word, so if you dont direct any comments towards them, they starve and die :o

I don't care what you say.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just thought of something! You can't know anything for sure until Isai and Alan duke it out! So how about we stop trying to determine who's better until we see some real action?

Sheesh, this is like trying to argue whether Schrodinger's cat is dead or alive.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Giggle at quantum physics :laugh:
I'm pretty sure the general consensus is Isai is better, but it'd be interesting to see how Alancitu does vs. the rest of the Americans/Canadians out there.

Duff0

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the general consensus is Isai is better, but it'd be interesting to see how Alancitu does vs. the rest of the Americans/Canadians out there.
like me (ego boost +1)

jk ;) im not very good D:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hey guys, I just thought of something! You can't know anything for sure until Isai and Alan duke it out! So how about we stop trying to determine who's better until we see some real action?

Sheesh, this is like trying to argue whether Schrodinger's cat is dead or alive.
Cat maybe?

Isai would most likely school alan. But he'd probably do well against isai like some of those talanted japanese players.

Heck Isai lost a match if I remember in one of the japanese matches, but meh its just one match anyway.

Itd definatly make for some awesome videos. Hope it happens someday!

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman

I know it,but it's not possible ^^.

Cat maybe?

Isai would most likely school alan. But he'd probably do well against isai like some of those talanted japanese players.

Heck Isai lost a match if I remember in one of the japanese matches, but meh its just one match anyway.

Itd definatly make for some awesome videos. Hope it happens someday!

He lost more than one match. You have to watch all of his uploaded vids.
Well I think I could do it better than the japanese players,but Idk,I can't make sure it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Well I think I could do it better than the japanese players,but Idk,I can't make sure it.
I have but I dont have the best memory for these things.

You are pretty **** good, do us all a favour and get some money together to voyage to isais house with as much video capacity as possible!! :)

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
I have but I dont have the best memory for these things.

You are pretty **** good, do us all a favour and get some money together to voyage to isais house with as much video capacity as possible!! :)
It would be amazing but I can't. At least for now.

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
SmashProPlayer

Ok I'll do it if you accept a challenge against me again on thursday? It would be an honour to be destroyed by you one more time. What do you think?

Ok,but you will have to wait until Saturday,because I don't have enough time. It would be in the afternoon.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
It would be amazing but I can't. At least for now.
Give us some online recordings at least!!! :chuckle:

(even if its not real smash, its still something... especially with p2p so theres not much lag!)

At first with your application vid I was like hmm it seems like hes playing vs noobs, sure he can combo but is he that good?

But then I watched the vs keshiki vids, the thing that impressed me wasnt so much the awesome combos but the sheer speed at which you play, very fast, and thats impressive. Some nice mindgames too.

Keep it up and keep us posted

SmashProPlayer

Smash Cadet
Give us some online recordings at least!!! :chuckle:

(even if its not real smash, its still something... especially with p2p so theres not much lag!)

At first with your application vid I was like hmm it seems like hes playing vs noobs, sure he can combo but is he that good?

But then I watched the vs keshiki vids, the thing that impressed me wasnt so much the awesome combos but the sheer speed at which you play, very fast, and thats impressive. Some nice mindgames too.

Keep it up and keep us posted

I think all of you undervalued Alancitu just for being south american-peruvian.
You guys didn't think that a pro smasher could exist in another part of the world(Peru).
Alancitu is very good not only in SSB64.The things that I know is that he's the best in Melee too(in his country)and he is good in Brawl too,but of course there's a huge difference among his ssb64 skills with his melee and brawl ones.
so Alancitu will we play on saturday afternoon?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I know it,but it's not possible ^^.
Several matches lost to Takamitsu (really good)
One match lost to Sima
One match lost to Hoto
and possibly more but i cant remember

however they were friendly and isai used random chars

I dun see Isai
Im talking about the style. Similar tech skills, so flashy, agressive, insane multi z-canceling...

BTW you guys have to meet and play someday, would be an amazing clash like Lakers and Celtics

malva00

Smash Master
Several matches lost to Takamitsu (really good)
One match lost to Sima
One match lost to Hoto
and possibly more but i cant remember

however they were friendly and isai used random chars

Im talking about the style. Similar tech skills and so
ur dum being a friendly doesn't matter u can play seriously whenever. plus those are just matches that were recorded. way more that were not recorded. there aren't even recorded vids against red mario or jousuke who i also played. sossi beat my pikachu once too

malva00

Smash Master
S
Im talking about the style. Similar tech skills, so flashy, agressive, insane multi z-canceling...
Lol style like I said I dun see Isai and I'm Isai so I should know. just cuz 2 people are good doesn't mean their styles are the same

NixxxoN

Smash Master
ur dum friendly doesn't matter u can play seriously whenever. plus those are just matches that were recorded. way more that were not recorded. there aren't even recorded vids against red mario or jousuke who i also played. sossi beat my pikachu once too
Oh well. I really enjoy insane matches. They are gr8 to watch
I'd love to see a Ness dito with u and Sima, and u vs Red Mario and Prince too. Too bad may not be possible

Lol style like I said I dun see Isai and I'm Isai so I should know. just cuz 2 people are good doesn't mean their styles are the same
Well maybe I didn't explain myself well. Dunno if its this or the fact that both of you can pull some really surprising and unpredictable moves. Dont know its my personal opinion. Watched some of his matches and thought wait is isai playing.. Thats it

malva00

Smash Master
lol your humble, good for you. I may be wrong, but watching those vids I don't think theres that much difference of skill
all that matters is if u get hit or not we haven't played so there's no point in saying anything.

red mario doesn't do anything flashy yet he will hit your character and kill u

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Isn't he the best at Smash 64? Wouldn't he know a lot about the game? I'm simply stating something that should be obvious using logic.
Even if he's the best at ssb64, there is no need to point it out. It really gets annoying when people come in from other rooms just to say "OMG ISAI IS RIGHT UR WRONG CUZ HES LIEK THE BEST AND STUFF!"

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Even if he's the best at ssb64, there is no need to point it out. It really gets annoying when people come in from other rooms just to say "OMG ISAI IS RIGHT UR WRONG CUZ HES LIEK THE BEST AND STUFF!"
This is true

but i think its worse when people come here and say people can beat Isai based off combo videos :|

Malva said it him self about RedMario...he is an amazing player who isnt flashy..yeah it is possibul!!

Top Bottom