• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 at DGDTJ! - Concord, CA - Sunday, December 19th, 2010

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
What up Smash 64 community! Seeing as how we're a few weeks away from the big national melee tourney "Don't Go Down There Jeff!," I figured I'd give you guys the heads up and let you know that there WILL be a Smash 64 side-event at this. Details are as follows:

Date:
Sunday, December 19th, 2010

Venue:
Fuddruckers, 2nd floor
1975 Diamond Blvd #E260
Concord, CA 94520

Fees:
Venue: $5 (if attending only for Smash 64)
Singles: $10
Doubles (if enough interest and time): $10 ($5 per person)

Prize Allocation:
Singles:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Doubles:
Winner takes all.

Times:
10:00 am: I will begin setting-up
11:00 am: Sign-ups begin
12:00 pm: Singles bracket begins
Doubles bracket begins right after singles bracket ends.
9:00 pm: Clean up
10:00 pm: Bounce

Rules:
We will be using Isai's tourney rules. Check this thread for details: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262081.
Doubles rules are the same as singles, but with team attack on.

Since I'm one of the main people running this event, I am asking everyone who's attending to help out by bringing TVs, systems, controllers, etc. Let me know if you can help out.

Systems:
1. Myself
2. Drunk E Ness

TVs:
1. Myself

Attending:
1. Myself
2. Drunk E Ness
3. blonde (possibly)
4. srbsburrito (possibly)
5. metalreflectslime
6. ballin4life

Contact info:
My cell (925.808.1986)

For additional information regarding the overall tournament, please check out the following thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282201

I hope all of you can make it. Also, this will be the perfect chance to update your ranking on the console player tier list :p

Results:

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
I will be there for sure. I will get a system too. Maybe I will get a couple from my group..... but they all got holiday stuff around then.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I'll enter this if this starts after I am out of brackets or I do not make it out of pools. :) At GSG I made out of pools for Melee Singles and lost twice in a row in brackets. Will there be any friendly set ups for N64?

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
we can always hold ur matches until ur done with melee since were prolly startin the tourney at noon. well be playin friendlies before and after the tourney :)

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
I would love to attend if this happens. I don't want to show up then the tourney is cancel because not enough people. Don't want to use my gas up for no reason.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
me, darth, ballin for sure. I got 1 friend, Veca, ballin and darth played him in SF, and he said he was going to drive down with me. Then my roomy, he started playing like 2 months ago, he might come as well. SSSSSSSSSSSSOoooooo, you'll have people, there will be friendlies kk.

D

Deleted member

i'll enter this!

somebody will have to let me borrow a controller until i can get one

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
this man is a liar. lol, jk jk. all true. I just like the name Drunk E Ness, kinda fits my play style........ although I play kirby more often now at tournaments......... my amount of names is even confusing me.

D

Deleted member

wtf

i was there both days and thought the tourney was cancelled

lol

lets play next time darth and ballin

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Results:

1) ballin4life
2) Darth Rancorous
3) Drunk E Ness (aka Blade689 on smashboards)

Darth Rancorous has the full bracket.

I am uploading Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals on my YouTube account here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ba11in41ife
I saw some of the videos that you uploaded. I am going to have to play you if I go to Genesis 2 ballin4life :)

blonde

Smash Cadet
mike bro soon ill be going to tourneys, get my car in matter of dayz

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
When is it? I see sunday the 6th en ****, but it never says a month?

I know some peeps in san rosa, and I am willing to drive there if there is a N64 side event...... I hate brawl and melee though, so there would have to be enough peeps so I don't have to founder on a cube controller. lol.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
march is a long ways away.......... I might have a job by then cuz I get outa college in febuary. I will check back when the time is closer kk. But all in all, I am down to go to a 64 event =).

malva00

Smash Master
didn't go cuz I bookmark smash 64 discussion and there's no link to this forum from that page anymore

oh well I'll check this forum again in about 5 months or something SEE YOU LATER

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
didn't go cuz I bookmark smash 64 discussion and there's no link to this forum from that page anymore

oh well I'll check this forum again in about 5 months or something SEE YOU LATER
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cle

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
wtf

i was there both days and thought the tourney was cancelled

lol

lets play next time darth and ballin
dude, s2j, i saw u on sunday but it looked like u were busy helping record melee matches or something so i didnt wanna bother u lol. next time ill definitely go over and say what up.

Will N64 be at this?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293494

Technically we can have any game at this as long as we bring the set ups.
no idea. i would be down to go if its allowed. i can bring a tv and a set up too. ill look into it and maybe make a thread :awesome:

everyone was saying that u were comin and were askin where u were haha

oh well. see in 5 months or so :p

Top Bottom