• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 5 For Glory and regular 1 on 1 mode

Peachach

Smash Cadet
How do you think For Glory mode should look in Smash 5? Some of my thoughts:

- Have rankings based on wins, possibly profile-char based. So if a player has 90% wins with their Diddy Kong, you get a lot of points for defeating their Diddy. Fewer points if you defeat their never-played Bowser.
- I am assuming this won't be the case, but still.. it'd better not be just flat stages.. that was absurdly unbalanced. The whole game is clearly also built around platforms, and having flat-only stages as supposedly neutral "skill-based" stages was ironically unbalanced. It gives many characters an advantage.
- It should show ping and allow no contest disconnects above certain ping. Smash 4 online is pretty good, but fairly frequently I get a match with noticeable or downright terrible input lag, or just a lag-fest.
- There should be a ranking online where we can see players, their top 3 chars, win rate, etc. A cool feature would be that you can challenge a player online. "Challenge for a for glory best of 3"...

There should be a regular 1 on 1 mode, where you can pick characters to fight against. Yes, you can connect with friends or people online, but it'd be nice to have built-in feature to to prefer to fight certain characters.

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
-Ranking Points & Classes. See SFV for example. Players are matched up with those of their class or one or two classes above/below.
-Set Commitment Settings. Players must choose Single Match, Best of 3, or Best of 5 and commit to that. If you break your commitment, you will have extra points stripped away as if you'd dropped from the match (rage quit, etc).
-Players Switch ID displayed during play (not optional).
-Stats Galore (I'm hoping players can view their full history with all opponents)
-Connection Quality Settings. ANYTHING that helps the experience should be used. If they need to have a Wired-Only option, do it! Again, just let in any idea/feature that helps. If there was a way to see during replay playback some kind of indicator of where the connection stood at all points during the match, that would be cool too.
-No Report System. That "For Glory Hell" needs to go. You can Block Users and attach a note to yourself regarding your reason. From there,you will not encounter those players again. Players can see who is blocking them and be given a chance to ask for forgiveness two weeks or so later.
-There would be several Ranked Modes. At least one of them would include Items & Hazards. Team Ranked. FFA Ranked. Of course, Tournament Style Ranked. I may edit this later with more details.

Top Bottom