• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Workshop

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Smash 4 Modding has become very popular recently. Are there plans for adding Smash 4 to the Smash Workshop? It would be nice to have a go to place for textures, sfx, and other mods, much like the Melee Workshop.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main problem right now is that the Wii U is not easy to hack, and only certain people have been able to pull it off. Also, you can't hack the game if you're not able to get a full ISO dump of Smash Wii U. And considering that it's illegal to post links to torrents, you're pretty much screwed, since I also don't see any guides for Wii U ISO dumps.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
On top of all that, we still haven't beaten the issue where a new patch destroys mods, have we?

Flebale

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flebale
I'm just gonna wait and see if the mods will be destroyed with the next patch we are getting, then get my hands on modding if they survive Sakurai's train ride.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The good news is that I've been able to dump my Smash Wii U ISO, and I took the time to study the fighter parameter contents. However, what does elude me is the source that reduces Dr. Mario's speed values to 0.82x their original values; Dr. Mario's attributes are the same as Mario's attributes when I read the parameter file.

Another problem is when the software update is released, as this can mean that I'll have to acquire the 1.1.6 update materials.

Last edited:
Top Bottom